What's new

Dealing with rage

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I guess that's a reasonable approach. It certainly doesn't make sense to be mad, so Maybe I'm just proyecting. I'll think about the possibility.
I can vouch for projecting being a possible cause. For me it kind of goes like this:

I play a long set and lose a lot​
--> I'm getting angry​
--> It's because I don't like losing​
--> I don't like losing because I feel like I see it as failure / it makes me feel like I'm not 'worthy' to play my opponent​
--> Both come from a general feeling of not being good enough if I fail at something​
--> 'Not being good enough if I fail' comes from a lack of self-confidence.​

So, in my case, after improving my confidence a bit in the past few years I started to get less angry, though it's not gone entirely however. Now, assuming the self-confidence issue is now taken care of, I can focus on seeing losing as part of the improvement process because lack of self-confidence is no longer blocking this line of thought. I essentially move up the chain a bit.

Who said "each time"?
I literally say at the beginning this doesn't normally happen to me, i'm normally all fun and chill.
It's flying over the head of a lot of people, but i'm not talking about improving in the game, or being mad at loses, or accepting when i got outplayed. It's about uncontrolable, non-sensical rage, not about a god complex that doesn't let me accept defeats.
I think this is sort of a different thing then. If you fly into a nonsensical rage and it doesn't have to do with losing, to me that's either a.) secretly due to losing and needing to improve anyway, but you're not consciously acknowledging that, or b.) a different anger management problem that doesn't have to do with MK or video games, in which case you probably need to go address that from a different angle.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I can vouch for projecting being a possible cause. For me it kind of goes like this:

I play a long set and lose a lot​
--> I'm getting angry​
--> It's because I don't like losing​
--> I don't like losing because I feel like I see it as failure / it makes me feel like I'm not 'worthy' to play my opponent​
--> Both come from a general feeling of not being good enough if I fail at something​
--> 'Not being good enough if I fail' comes from a lack of self-confidence.​

So, in my case, after improving my confidence a bit in the past few years I started to get less angry, though it's not gone entirely however. Now, assuming the self-confidence issue is now taken care of, I can focus on seeing losing as part of the improvement process because lack of self-confidence is no longer blocking this line of thought. I essentially move up the chain a bit.
good one this here .... yep, admitting or not, we all have an ego that enjoy to be feed with victories , and hate to the bone any kind of defeat, and its a natural feeling, however, losing in fighting games is unavoidable, it's impossible not to lose .... mind control and right attitude before losing situations is such wonderful virtue, but people seems to not worry about to evolve this .... :p

how you deal with (losing / defeat), and use this as a step to improve and learn to get better, is up to you ..... getting angry and too much affected with this, on/at psychologic level, is waste of energy, stressful and kinda ridiculous, when you see yourself in the mirror and think about it, hehe :rolleyes:

anyway, its a free country, people can do whatever they want it about, ha ! :D

Last edited:

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
Says the guy who started the whining/complaining thread about scorpion's teleport being broken ;)

Chill. It's not broken it's just a bit overtuned because it does too much. I don't get salty about it, I just think the game will be better if that's fixed up.

K3M1K4l

Banned
Who said "each time"?
I literally say at the beginning this doesn't normally happen to me, i'm normally all fun and chill.
It's flying over the head of a lot of people, but i'm not talking about improving in the game, or being mad at loses, or accepting when i got outplayed. It's about uncontrolable, non-sensical rage, not about a god complex that doesn't let me accept defeats.

Nah I was just speaking in general man