What's new

Video/Tutorial Dealing with online raidens + lag

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Here's a video showing dancing around raiden, and stuff he gets away with. Accurate blocking + dancing + punishment. It should help dealing with some annoying people. Additionally, using repeated elbows in confusing situations will hit him before he hits you, then you can set him up.

kanaida

I appreciate you trying to be on my side after seeing much hesitation from some of the regulars, i'm just trying to post what works consistently for me now, for someone who 'used' to give me trouble when I was starting. I'm just posting so that if anyone had the same problem, particularly online, they'd have something that might help them out a bit. I know you guys have a lot of tech and other ways of fighting. Mine is just pretty basic, at time it looks sloppy (sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose :)), but it's a lot easier to pick up and meant to counter people with good skills or better. I had to loose many times before practicing and creating this stuff out myself.

Dude the problem is your saying "look at my technique for dancing around and avoiding stuff" when its just jumping around against bad players. It's awesome you want to help but you are implying some sort of strategy but you are just jumping and blocking random superman attempts by a bad player. Same with the Liu kang thread. No offense intended there just isn't anything there.

#IamMuffinMuggers

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Dude the problem is your saying "look at my technique for dancing around and avoiding stuff" when its just jumping around against bad players. It's awesome you want to help but you are implying some sort of strategy but you are just jumping and blocking random superman attempts by a bad player. Same with the Liu kang thread. No offense intended there just isn't anything there.

#IamMuffinMuggers
This.

Learn how the game functions, how frame data works in relation to moves, whiff punishing and proper spacing.

kanaida

I really admire the amount of dedication put into advanced tactics using frames and other statistical data. I've looked over it myself, i just took another approach, go online, get the crap beat out of me until I come out with working solutions for my weaknesses, expanded on that to punish as much as possible. Just lots of effort and really getting to the point where I can take opponents that posed problems down without too many combos, just lots of basics to get out of jams, added combos after. Lag compensation was probably the hardest thing because it changes from match to match.

I trained my girl as well. As an example I kept trying to suppress her with those johnny knee and arm pressure tactics. I told her over and over to try different times for blocking and different attacks to push me back to the other end of the stage. Took her about 1 1/2 hour straight, but she was able to. Now johnny's pressure is useless vs her. I do this with each type of char and their strategies one by one until I know exactly what hits to block, when to poke, how many times, and what to follow it up with. Frame data is useful, but I tend to lean towards first hand practice. It's a reference.

kanaida

#IamMuffinMuggers
I'm new at making vids. I'll elaborate more. If you know any good players to match me up agaisnt for illustration let me know. It seems you guys only fight gods lol... I'd like to fight one to see if there's really a difference. I do fight pretty tough people online, mostly some of the top 50. Just not sure how they match up v.s what you guys think is good.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm new at making vids. I'll elaborate more. If you know any good players to match me up agaisnt for illustration let me know. It seems you guys only fight gods lol... I'd like to fight one to see if there's really a difference. I do fight pretty tough people online, mostly some of the top 50. Just not sure how they match up v.s what you guys think is good.
I'll play you if you want, I'm on now

kanaida

I get off of work around midnight. Probably be home by 1am, you still gonna be up?

Who do you main by the way?

I Main:
1) Shang and Kano equally

Secondaries:
2) Cyber
3) Kenshi

I can play with everyone else and hold my own cause of shang, just wouldn't say they're at the same level as the others though.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I get off of work around midnight. Probably be home by 1am, you still gonna be up?

Who do you main by the way?

I Main:
1) Shang and Kano equally

Secondaries:
2) Cyber
3) Kenshi

I can play with everyone else and hold my own cause of shang, just wouldn't say they're at the same level as the others though.
I play 3 characters atm:

Kenshi, Kung Lao, Cage.

Just send me a message on XBL if I'm not on, A F0xy Grampa (with a zero)

kanaida

Allright bro, i'm home. Anytime you're ready send me a private match request: Kana1da