What's new

Video/Tutorial - Unbreakable Dealing with Low-Profile Attacks Parries

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Sometimes you parry an attack with a very low profile that makes even B2 whiff, so I wanted to show what combos you can use in this situation.

The easiest combo to do is (2)42 run xx F42 xx Slide. The first (2) will whiff and you'll hit the rest of the combo. This does 19% damage and some corner carry.

However, the better choice would be JI1. JI1 has an absurd vertical hitbox, unlike JI2, and it will hit an opponent with an extremely low hitbox. The combo you should use is JI1 xx 242, Run xx 123 xx slide. This does 25% damage and amazing corner carry.

I did this on Mileena's roll which makes her both her horizontal and vertical hitboxes ridiculously small. You can see the JI1 needs correct horizontal spacing to hit. If you manage to do this, you don't have to worry about any other attack in the game because no other attack shrinks the horizontal hitbox like that, and you don't have to worry about the vertical hitbox because the JI1 will hit them.

Let them feel the chill of despair.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Sorry, my mistake, I mean JI1 like in the video and then continue into those inputs.
There's no reason to use those combos. The one I mentioned following the ji1 does more damage and a lot more corner carry. You should definitely be using that.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
There's no reason to use those combos. The one I mentioned following the ji1 does more damage and a lot more corner carry.
Both combos that I posted do corner carry as they end with the slide, but it depends where you are in the map. IF you are close to the corner you can do those as the distance will be short enough for slide to carry opponent in the corner. Your posted combos are more practical to use overall as it carries even from mid, but that doesn't change the fact that you still have those other options.
Both JI2>B2>Run>F42>Slide and JP2>B2>Slide are pretty easy combos (especially second) and does decent amount of damage considering how little inputs they require to perform.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
But what's the point to using the F42 combo if it does less damage? If they end up in the corner off both anyway....

Creepy00

Noob
But what's the point to using the F42 combo if it does less damage? If they end up in the corner off both anyway....
At this point I would say, it is player preference. jip,b12~iceball, whiff iceclone, jip, 242,RC, 123~slide does 30%, yet people opt to end with 1, f42~slide. Even both Tom and Denzel do this as well, when they could maximize dmg and carried the opponent to the corner.

I guess It is easier to land f42~slide for some. I personally being doing the above combo since forever. I knew subzero would shine in the corner yet again.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
At this point I would say, it is player preference. jip,b12~iceball, whiff iceclone, jip, 242,RC, 123~slide does 30%, yet people opt to end with 1, f42~slide. Even both Tom and Denzel do this as well, when they could maximize dmg and carried the opponent to the corner.

I guess It is easier to land f42~slide for some. I personally being doing the above combo since forever. I knew subzero would shine in the corner yet again.
This isn't what I'm talking about at all, read the post just before mine. I was mostly asking a rhetorical question pointing at the flaws in going for an overheard starter into F42 once you have a combo set up from Ice Parry freeze, considering starting with 242 gets you more damage, more wall carry, hard knockdown if you want it, and is one of the first BnBs that everyone nails.

Last edited: