What's new

dealing with kitana

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
hello everyone,
there's going to be a tournament near my city during this weekend and i'd like you guys to help me out a bit. There's this guy who's coming at the tournament that has a really good kitana. How do i deal with her. He just keeps me out and when i finally get in with a combo he's got breaker ready...-_-...can't really throw projectiles, i feel like i do have to get in. Even if i play a good footsie game, kitana has that db1 that gets gets her out of the corner pretty much for free. Even if i do get in there's not much that i can do, i mean kitana is good up close to... i do get most of my damage in when i'm in her;but it's not that when i get in it's so easy to mix her up. Her d1 is so annoying and this guy is just abusing that df1, which, as u all know, leads to a free jump in and more pressure. What's the theory behind this match-up. i played lots of times his kitana, but i'm still having a lot of trouble. plz help

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
hello everyone,
there's going to be a tournament near my city during this weekend and i'd like you guys to help me out a bit. There's this guy who's coming at the tournament that has a really good kitana. How do i deal with her. He just keeps me out and when i finally get in with a combo he's got breaker ready...-_-...can't really throw projectiles, i feel like i do have to get in. Even if i play a good footsie game, kitana has that db1 that gets gets her out of the corner pretty much for free. Even if i do get in there's not much that i can do, i mean kitana is good up close to... i do get most of my damage in when i'm in her;but it's not that when i get in it's so easy to mix her up. Her d1 is so annoying and this guy is just abusing that df1, which, as u all know, leads to a free jump in and more pressure. What's the theory behind this match-up. i played lots of times his kitana, but i'm still having a lot of trouble. plz help
Okay couple things. Up close you can bait out the d1 and punish, it is quite negative on block. I think sonya could use her 4 to punish. ALSO, iaDK is awesome for beating out pokes, so dont be afraid of throwing that out (although be carfeul for it not to be blocked, she punishes quite hard). To get in, just be patient, and dash and walk forward, ducking the iaF. Once you get into her fwd2 range, you will have to respect it a little, but you have d4 which is a great footsies tool and starts your offense even on block with military stance. To beat the air wave out of the corner, bait it out and then just follow her the other way, if you are fast enough you could possibly punish, but you will at least continue your offense. Once you get a life lead, RUN AWAY. Kitana is much easier to deal with when she is chasing you.

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
Okay couple things. Up close you can bait out the d1 and punish, it is quite negative on block. I think sonya could use her 4 to punish. ALSO, iaDK is awesome for beating out pokes, so dont be afraid of throwing that out (although be carfeul for it not to be blocked, she punishes quite hard). To get in, just be patient, and dash and walk forward, ducking the iaF. Once you get into her fwd2 range, you will have to respect it a little, but you have d4 which is a great footsies tool and starts your offense even on block with military stance. To beat the air wave out of the corner, bait it out and then just follow her the other way, if you are fast enough you could possibly punish, but you will at least continue your offense. Once you get a life lead, RUN AWAY. Kitana is much easier to deal with when she is chasing you.
thx man, i won the tournament! next one is very soon; gotta get ready!
i'll post the video of my victory as soon as it gets available

thx man, i won the tournament! next one is very soon; gotta get ready!
i'll post the video of my victory as soon as it gets available
actually instead of punishing the d1 on block which is hard to do even if your trainingpartner mains kitana(ask 16 bit) I would just counterpoke with d4 military stance. you can catch her instant air fans with ex cartwheel if youre close enough, your rings work good as a counterzoning tool against kitana. This is a good example of the matchup at the highest level:

just be careful of that 21 and f2, cutter is not mid so punish it if the kitana player abuses it. I would anti air her with uppercut because your standing 1 can be beat by jumpkick airfan.