What's new

Question Dealing With Killer Frost

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I was playing online today vs Serjery, great kf player on ps3 if anyone is interested. I ran into a huge problem. Now this may be lack of matchup knowledge as I have 0, but it seems that she can just run away and zone. The daggers come out to fast for me to dash safely, and if I jump she can backdash/air backdash and cover a lot of distance. The other problem I ran into was her parry in corner. A lot of my oki game in the corner is guessing their wake up jumps with either d2 or db2, and parry completely counters both strategies. I also noticed that the recovery was low enough that she could do 2 parries and if I went in with a mid or overhead to punish the first I'd still get hit. Anyone have any tips for this mu? Seems very difficult for Bane.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Knock her down and she's completely free on wakeup if you have venom as her only viable option is parry which can be beat.

If you are getting parried for trying to punish a whiffed parry, then you should hit training mode against her spamming it and work on your timing. She is tough to get in on if she has the life lead, but you just dash after ducking the daggers and block low or jump over them and block low. If she jumps, d2... if she slides, use d1 or throw after blocking to condition her to not parry which opens up your other options of d2~charge or d2~cmd grab.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Try to knock her down as much as possible. Close the gap but not with careless charging. On level 3 venom your command grab can't be mbf3'd but it CAN still be parried, causing you to be in a disadvantageous position as debuff will soon follow. Bodysplash sparingly, as you can be anti aired, but it can still prove effective in certain ranges. D2xxcommandgrab is effective, but can be parried. Never the less it's still a guessing game between that and command grab so keep using it when you're able. It's a 3 way guess in your favor on knockdown, so try to get it as much as possible, or suffer as a result.

Reactions: Kyu

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Try to knock her down as much as possible. Close the gap but not with careless charging. On level 3 venom your command grab can't be mbf3'd but it CAN still be parried, causing you to be in a disadvantageous position as debuff will soon follow. Bodysplash sparingly, as you can be anti aired, but it can still prove effective in certain ranges. D2xxcommandgrab is effective, but can be parried. Never the less it's still a guessing game between that and command grab so keep using it when you're able. It's a 3 way guess in your favor on knockdown, so try to get it as much as possible, or suffer as a result.
Wat.
You can't parry command grabs I don't think.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Dafuq are you talking about you can't parry grabs. Are you talking about f2d or double punch or something?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Bane is a bane in the ass on oki...pretty much like he is with everyone else. You really need to get as much as you can off of them since Frost has to guess her way out more or less depending on venom level. I think her options are better than some characters, but not really by too much. In my opinion Frost wins in most other spots on the screen (somewhat depending on if Bane has venom level 3 or not) besides Bane's d1 range since that move is so good. Never do a long range charge against Killer Frost. Anytime a Bane player does that crap they should be losing at least half of their life bar. KF not being able to parry it anymore doesn't make it any safer for Bane to do IMO.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Why would Bane d.2? d.1 and b.2 fulfill the same purpose, only you can't n.j. out of b.2xxBP, removing a popular option of punishing Bane.
Example being here.
No idea. I don't use Bane. I was just trying to clarify Rickyraws D2xCommand Grab parry comment, but confused it further by saying D1 instead of D2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No idea. I don't use Bane. I was just trying to clarify Rickyraws D2xCommand Grab parry comment, but confused it further by saying D1 instead of D2
I understand. I'm more directing it at Ricky than you, I know what you meant I just like to bust the chops of KF players.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Why would Bane d.2? d.1 and b.2 fulfill the same purpose, only you can't n.j. out of b.2xxBP, removing a popular option of punishing Bane.
Example being here.
Viva la Bane! Viva la Bane! lol...good times. Match is so fun to watch with the commentary. KF just backdashing desperately from Bane's hugs.