What's new

Strategy - Cassie Cage Dealing with Jumpers and repetitive Crossovers as Cassie Brawler

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
This is the Online guide for Cassie players AA options!

I Hate jumpers, mostly because this games AA game is weak as hell, and honestly there are many factors that limit this part of your defense, im recently using Cassie Cage Brawler, i have dabbled with all of the variations but as it stands with recent patch changes, i am inclines to stick with my guns: Bruiser style, in yo face game, and thats the definition of brawler!

Crossovers: my sparing partner uses this as a staple, he is a Mileena fanatic, and uses HKD's into crossovers, i have finally found tech with cassie to deal with this,

Let me NOTE: that this is not new tech by no means: many characters can do this same thing, but this is specific to Online lag situations!

Ok what you do when they JIP/JIK:

she has several options in this scenario:

D2- (no combo punish low damage)they are likely to try it again!!!
Backdash- very effective but cost half of your stamina, this can be problematic, but still effective.
Walk backwards- you have several options from here after they wiff:
  • B12-DB2-into full combo
  • F24-DB2-full combo punish
  • BF1+Block- decent punish but keeps them back so your can rinse and repeat if needed.
  • D+F-DB2(after 1st or 2nd hit) full combo punish with decent range and mixup OS with BF3
  • F3- from here you have several OS from this move, hit confirm to DB2 or on block you can mixup with BF3(OH,OH)
What to do if they cross over?
all standings you must wait till they crossover so you dont hit the wrong direction and get bodied!

S1- Wait till you turn- is very effective if you cancel into DB2 into full combo!
S3- will hopfully stop them same as S1 but no conversion
S33- cancelable into DBF2/DB2-full combo punish
Backdash- into B12 pressure or mixup pressure. this is your go to option online when in lag, BACKDASH
Walk backwards- B12 full combo punish.

NOTE: You can only NJP when you have frame advantage against most of the cast, after your first successful connection from the above, you can then use NJP, but if they got a HKD on you and crossover while you are still recovering , don't try it!

This strategy is ment to deter your opponent from jumping on you the entire game, and forces them to play footsie with you!

and your Cassie so you will most likely with with your movement speed.

the greatest strategy to use with her after conditioning them to not jump would be the:

IN AND OUT Strategy: go just far enough in to bait a standing normal then back off into full combo punish with B12 starter!

When in doubt EG extreme lag BACKDASH into pressure, it turns it in your favor!
use these strings:
F24
B12
B124
any of them can be canceld into DB2EX for a safe distance and somewhat safe recovery, the normal DB2 can be punished, you can condition them into thinking that they will be able to punish you after it, and thats when you EXDB2 walk backwards and punish with advancing B12!

Hope this helps others!

if you have any other methods for AA tactics post them below and ill add them after testing!

Last edited: