What's new

Strategy Dealing With Jump Backs with Grundy

As @Billy Dha Kid and @fr stack knows, I picked up grundy about a month ago. Right now, I'm having problems dealing with Jump back normals. I just don't know what to do in that situation so it would be much appreciated if anybody can tell me what to do in that situation. Thanks :)

I'm an ares main, and can say that there's probably nothing you can do against his jump back 1, I'd say it's one of the best jump back normals in the game. You might be able to bait it and do walking corpse.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Probably WC is what I would do. I know Tyrant likes to do dash up AA grab. But you don't have to punish them every time. Since there jumping backwards they're pushing themselves unit the corner, so sometimes walking forward when you see them jumpback is your best bet.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Some characters like mmh jb3 on trait won't be punishable but most of the cast you usually wanna inch close with wcc and wait until you're in d2 range. Another option you have is mb clever spin on their way back down. Grundy is pretty free to jump backs

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Jump with them :)

On a serious note:

You can't do jack shit about Lex's jump back 3

Certain characters (zod, martian,wowo) can just jump all day around you cuz of very good air control/air dashes

Certain characters have to wait a second to do their air normal to connect it, so with those characters (catwoman is all I can think of ATM) is dash in and air grab.

You can also for the most part dash in WCC air grab. Or on certain characters you can WCC d2 into a punish combo up to 50% with 1 bar (27% max no meter, 62% with 2 bars)

Overall in the end, jump backs is another pain in the ass that comes along with playing grundy

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
would wcc (or dash) trip guard 2 sh work? I play Grundy for funsies. So idk if that works well or not. Just cause d2 doesn't have alot of horizontal range.