What's new

Question - Brawler Dealing with Jax's L.A.W.

I'm pretty new to fighting games period, and Cassie is a main that I just gravitated to because of her rushdown capabilities. Recently, I played a friend who spammed Jax's rockets. Been having trouble jumping over them because of how long the rocket is and how shorhithe recovery time is. Blocking doesn't seem to be a viable option because of the massive chip damage. I use Brawler as my main, any suggestions?

dont use brawler and you gotta just patiently walk forward and read when its the right time to jump over. once you get a hit hes in a lot of trouble, like everyone else

Guess I have to time my jumps better, it's just one mistake against that move and you're back full screen and the chip damage on block is still %5-%6

Actually, the advice was super helpful. Once I took it to the lab, it was a lot easier to time with walking instead of dashing all the time.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Run cancels seem to help me a bunch, since it can trick people into shooting the straight rocket, then you can jump over and punish. It's risky but really puts the fear into someone! Brawler gets zoned out the worst, in spec ops you do decent on a trade, and hollywood gives you blockstun to get in.