What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Dealing with Hellfire Cancel Pressure?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I would have put this in a matchup discussion thread but I didn't see one. If I'm blind and there is one I'll just delete this and ask there.

Anyway, for the first time, I just faced someone that used hellfire cancel pressure. After the match I went to the lab and recorded 214 > fireball cancel > 214 assuming that I could armor through it... only to find out that I was completely jailed. I couldn't backdash, poke, jump, or ex force rush. Is there really nothing I can do about that unless I'm by an interactable?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
214~rc~214~rc~214~rc is all guaranteed. If the first 214 is blocked. No gaps or armor can get through unless the Scorp just puts too much of a gap in the run. Just wait it out. He can only do 3 reps of this.

virtiqaL

Noob
I'm surprised you encountered someone that could hit the cancels consistently online... assuming this was online...

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
214~rc~214~rc~214~rc is all guaranteed. If the first 214 is blocked. No gaps or armor can get through unless the Scorp just puts too much of a gap in the run. Just wait it out. He can only do 3 reps of this.
I figured as much. Just wanted to be sure there wasn't something I was overlooking