What's new

Dealing with Grappling

Hey, I’m having a hard time dealing with Jax and Geras grappling me frequently and wanted to know if there were some ways around getting grappled a bunch.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Best way would be to use practice mode, and record the AI doing the grapple moves, and try to figure out what beats them.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey, I’m having a hard time dealing with Jax and Geras grappling me frequently and wanted to know if there were some ways around getting grappled a bunch.
If you read a grab off a string or in neutral; you need to enter a grab immune state.

Jumping works, so do certain grab immune normals.

I get the feeling you’re taking about their command grabs. Jax’s grabs can be blocked, while Geras’ cannot.

You can jump out of Geras’ command grab, & I’m pretty sure it will whiff if you’re not blocking, but don’t quote me on that one lol.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
The quad grab is jax only true grab. Gotcha is a mid and the finisher is an overhead. As for the tick throw into quad ive never seen it defended. I would assume either a jump or neutral duck would work