What's new

Strategy Dealing with Cyrax

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I tried to find a thread discussing this but I didnt.
I've been having difficulty dealing with Cyrax & was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I try to zone but he can time his teleports when I throw fireballs.
He controls the map with the bombs/net ridiculously well and timing a teleport on my part is hard online and Ermac teleport isnt that fast to begin with.

When I try a more aggressive approach his up close strings are faster than mine.

He also builds meter as a result a lot faster than I making me have a hard time getting the breakers I need. And if I get caught, I eat a nice 80% combo.

help lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Kindred, Dash block the nets and get in range of TKP. About the bombs the best thing i can tell you to do is dash through them before they explode to close the gap between you and Cyrax. It has worked really well for me until now. Up close down pokes are your best friend, but dont spam them cause they are punishable. Dont forget his teleport is highly punishable by Ermac (d1 to lift jk tp dash 22 TKP 32% dmg), so punish him hard whenever you see him do it. Generally this MU is a very good spacing contest. If you get used to it its not that hard. Use alot of throws to mix it up. You can also use some pressure against him for example, jp F114 and after that F2 or B4. All these normals are +f on block which can give you the edge you need against him most of the time up close. Also, NO JUMPING AT ALL against him. His AA options are ridiculous and can lead to damaging combos as you know. He even has uppercut combos in midscreen, so jumping against, unless you arent 100% you ll succeed, is a no no. Nets can be punished on reaction with tp, keep that in mind. Thats all that comes in my mind atm. Hope i helped.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
metzos is correct, ermac can control the space very well with well timed ktp's and ermacs walk speed lets him dodge bombs very easily. you can save your whole meter for breakers as ermac doesnt need his meter for anything else here due to his meterless damage output.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Kindred, Dash block the nets and get in range of TKP. About the bombs the best thing i can tell you to do is dash through them before they explode to close the gap between you and Cyrax. It has worked really well for me until now. Up close down pokes are your best friend, but dont spam them cause they are punishable. Dont forget his teleport is highly punishable by Ermac (d1 to lift jk tp dash 22 TKP 32% dmg), so punish him hard whenever you see him do it. Generally this MU is a very good spacing contest. If you get used to it its not that hard. Use alot of throws to mix it up. You can also use some pressure against him for example, jp F114 and after that F2 or B4. All these normals are +f on block which can give you the edge you need against him most of the time up close. Also, NO JUMPING AT ALL against him. His AA options are ridiculous and can lead to damaging combos as you know. He even has uppercut combos in midscreen, so jumping against, if you arent 100% you ll succeed is a no no. Nets can be punished on reaction with tp, keep that in mind. Thats all that comes in my mind atm. Hope i helped.
One thing you HAVE to watch out for is when cyrax is teetering at the edge of TKP maximum range and shoots a net where you have to block DO NOT THROW TKP. At MLG i got caught too many times by this 'basic' setup. He would throw a net, id dash in, block, and try to tkp. The cyrax player would back dash out of tkp range, and shoot another net. Then you are in cyrax net hell.. This was done by our very own Krayzie! Bro, those reads you made were spot on and I didnt catch on until our last match. GGS, can you explain how you took to the match up?

Seven

|| Seven ||
I find you have to play Ermac almost like Scorpion in the sense that it's like a slot machine. If you catch him, you deal big damage, you if you get caught you receive big damage. You can't really play it safe, I mean you can chip with the force push but that's all you have. You need to teleport and catch him off guard. It's definitely in Cyrax's favor. Maybe 6-4 or even 7-3. And if you don't believe me you can play my brother who has never lost to an Ermac player. I mean if you move forward to force push Cyrax, he can teleport and punish you, so stupid.

zaf

professor
In general its a very footsie based match up. Stay outside of sweep range at max tkp. After any net you can tkp if they open their chest again or a free fireball.

zaf

professor
Does any one have a video of Ermac vs Cyrax by any chance?
If anything..... youtube pboardplayer. He might have videos vs a cyrax.

Thia match up rarely happened in tournament and if it did was barely streamed or recorded.

Record yourself and I can always watch it

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I did but I guess I need more practice. If I get a way to film myself playing, ill post it for ideas
Or hell Ill just learn smoke and use him whenever Cyrax is picked lol