What's new

Dealing with crossups on wakeup

Impose

A Call For Blood
As a new MK9 player who recently started with Kenshi, I'm having the biggest trouble ever with crossups. Generally I want to shoulder charge but obviously that whiffs and I eat 40%.

Whats generally the best tactic? Delay wakeup and wait for the side to be found and wakeup lift?

I don't play too much kenshi, but i usually just do some tricks, like tech rolling away or just staying on the ground. You can use armor and then try to punish the JIP. (not sure if that works though lol)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Characters like Shang , Ermac and Kenshi have a hard time waking up.They're Deep Sleepers.

So the best course of action is to accept the fact that they're Deep Sleepers and let them sleep (stay grounded AKA Down + BLK) and ease them out of bed (Tech Rolling AKA Back).

If you force them out of bed (wake-up) , they'll get dizzy and fall back asleep (Get raped with 30%+)

Enenra

Go to hell.
NJP if you read it, D3 to get under it, and for consistency dash away and BF2.

And you can always armor through into kombo. You are Kenshi after all.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
As a new MK9 player who recently started with Kenshi, I'm having the biggest trouble ever with crossups. Generally I want to shoulder charge but obviously that whiffs and I eat 40%.

Whats generally the best tactic? Delay wakeup and wait for the side to be found and wakeup lift?
Input as soon as they cross the crown of your head

U need to practice dashing under someone jump then sc