What's new

Question - Predator Dealing with Crossups as Predator?

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
HQT use low and high plasma caster and go nuts.
Hunter and variationless... I mean, warrior, d2 works. You can also punch them out of range and spam D4, that move is quite underrated.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
HQT use low and high plasma caster and go nuts.
Hunter and variationless... I mean, warrior, d2 works. You can also punch them out of range and spam D4, that move is quite underrated.
d4 is both predators best and worst footsie tool since it is really fast and reaches really far, but it is negative as fuck on block

Alvhe Feleo

Totally agreed, that's why you have to push them out of range first as I mentioned. Most people are afraid to punish at jump distance, good players will jump over the 2nd time and press on... Still rocks if you want to poke at ridiculous distances after countering a crossup.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Cross ups on your wake ups do the ENHANCED special that juggles. Forgot the name but it gets the job done for me.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Its like -13 with good pushback...basically unpunishable at the right range...the fuck you talking about
because it is -13... yeah it has pushback but it is -13, it is easily punishable, it is a tool where you have to be sure you are at max range and even then some characters can still punish it on block, i love the move but it has more down sides than most D4s, which is understandable since it has insane reach and comes out insanely fast.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@DoctorMario

F1 after they cross you over into full combo punish! use what ever combo to follow after F! take your pick.

hit the lab and practice it up, shouldnt be that hard since i think his F1 is 7 frames on startup.

set compu to record and have them cross over into combo several times then. set record to play and let the practice begin.

i do this with many characters into full combo punish!

D2 is not the answer!! it only does so much damage when you can punish them for over 38% after a poke from F1 that will stop them from trying it again, or at least it should!

and GL pulling it off Online!

Last edited:

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
@DoctorMario

F1 after they cross you over into full combo punish! use what ever combo to follow after F! take your pick.

hit the lab and practice it up, shouldnt be that hard since i think his F1 is 7 frames on startup.

set compu to record and have them cross over into combo several times then. set record to play and let the practice begin.

i do this with many characters into full combo punish!

D2 is not the answer!! it only does so much damage when you can punish them for over 38% after a poke from F1 that will stop them from trying it again, or at least it should!

and GL pulling it off Online!
What are you doing to convert F1 AA into 38%?

After playing Kotal Kahn, i can definitely say that Predator's d2 sucks lol. Your best bet as Hunter is nj1-2, cause its the best in the game. Didnt try this F1, i will give it some testing time and see how reliable it is.

Alvhe Feleo

Your best bet as Hunter is nj1-2, cause its the best in the game.
Kung Jin says hi.

Anyway I didn't like him before with his gap after B22, the startup on F2, SD/healing and the lackluster warrior specials. Now it's a character I don't even want to play. I understand he deserved some nerfs, like damage scaling on SS and more scaling after using the hunter trap, but he could use a bunch of buffs for his warrior kit.

Well if you look the other post i did yesterday i'm playing him, having a moderate success with him and having lots of fun. People still tell me "you're a tier whore he's op as fuck" so i guess i'm using him properly...