What's new

Deadshot Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Honestly I think he will not be so good in this game . Why ? Look how much other characters we have with also good zoning or even better and better upclose game , teleports ....
We will see, all we can do is speculate.

But from what we saw, his zoning tools are good. bf1 doesn't seem to have a lot of whiff recovery, ground shots look like a good way to space control and antiair, mb rifle is godlike, trait options are good depending on what you want to do at each moment in the match...

He has a (safe?) low overhead starter. An overhead that can lead to combo with a bar (maybe meterless in the corner?). Also with bf3 being safe, he has safe 50/50s. My doubts about him now are on his wakeup (bf3 is safe, but can an njp be a universal answer against it?) and his ability to do continuations off ground shots antiairs.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Honestly I think he will not be so good in this game . Why ? Look how much other characters we have with also good zoning or even better and better upclose game , teleports ....
Out of all the confirmed characters so far, Deadshot is up there as one of the top zoners.

The second Deadshot equips explosive shots, he wins every trade and does more damage.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Out of all the confirmed characters so far, Deadshot is up there as one of the top zoners.

The second Deadshot equips explosive shots, he wins every trade and does more damage.
Which character would you say had the best chance, as of this build, at countering his zoning aside from Supergirls teleport?

I'm kind of wondering what the point of flame shots even is, if explosive shots do just as much (currently more) damage and knock the opponent down.

I can see poison shots being useful in certain matchups though. Like against Aquaman, since he apparently needs meter to do anything worthwhile now.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm kind of wondering what the point of flame shots even is, if explosive shots do just as much (currently more) damage and knock the opponent down.

I can see poison shots being useful in certain matchups though. Like against Aquaman, since he apparently needs meter to do anything worthwhile now.
My bet is explosive shots limit combo potential, since from what they said, they knock the opponent far away when any wrist gun based attack hits. This might include his b1 starter and his poke.

Explosive shots seem to have the "get off me" function.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.

Explosive does knockdown. I think once you get in, or want to, the fire stuff probably adds a decent amount to his combos without breaking them. Every random string doing a knowdown meants you get no frame traps, combos, or up close game. Since everyone is worrying about his damage I bet that's going to be the primary use of fire trait.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Some pre-release food for the hungry.

S= Start Up, B= block advantage, H = hit adv.

Wrist Cannon- S 11f, B -9, H +21
MB WC- S 9, B-10, H +18
MB WC Forward- S 8f, B -1, H +27
MB WC Away- S 8, B -16, H +12

Air Cannon- S 12f, B-22, H+8
MB Air Cannon- S 10, B -23, H +5

Trick Shot- S 10f, B-20, H +7
MB Trick- S 5f, B -15, H +9
Positional Shots- S 14f, B -18, H+7
MB Positional- same as regular MB

Bullet Barrage- S 24f, B -13, H +6
MB BB- I forgot and I'm not checking again right now lol

Assassin Knee- S 11f, B -20, H +49
MB Knee- S 20f, B -3, H +26

Low Rifle- S 27f, B -16, H -12 (da fuq NRS?)
MB Low Rifle- S 17f, B -5, H +3

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
You gotta use it when you're far away I guess, -12 isn't getting punished from fullscreen anyway (maybe Supes' super? Need to check if that's still stupid fast or not).

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
You gotta use it when you're far away I guess, -12 isn't getting punished from fullscreen anyway (maybe Supes' super? Need to check if that's still stupid fast or not).
Depends on the data on other character projectiles. If someone has fast starting projectile 3/4 screen or closer your probably blocking a return even though you confirmed a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.