What's new

Deadshot MU Chart

Espio

Kokomo
Cheetah I don't have much experience in some say it's in Deadshot's favor but on paper I can see it possibly being bad. Cheetah can pounce in between bullets to get in and she can mix up jump-in with divebomb without much risk. She outdamages him and her mixups aren't very punishable.

Again it's still too early but these are just my own opinions of his losing match-ups. These could easily change as I used to have Black Adam as a losing MU until I played it more.
It's probably just 5-5. Her command grabs on whiff are all full punishes as is her air command grab and dive bomb is punishable on block AND whiff, it is not like Black Adam's dive kick where you can whiff into safety up close and what not. She has to go full screen away from you to be safe and you can probably check her with rifle or something if she does that, which is not where she wants to be anyway.

Deadshot still outfootsies her and she can get in better than other characters, but if you mix up your zoning, you can still catch her trying to get in with pounce, it's not a free way in with no consequence. Beetle can by mixing it up, Cyborg can and Deadshot's zoning can cover additional angles they cannot so I'm sure he has that covered too.

All her strings and sweep all start with lows or mids and the overheads come out very slowly or as the last hit or two such as 3,3, 2. She has overheads in the middle of strings, but they're all unsafe on block (-10 on the end of 3,3,2 so punishable by pretty much the entire roster) or Back 1, 2, which has such a giant gap in it that you can interrupt with a normal.

Her forward 3 is reactable in comparison to her lows so the only way she can reliably open you up with her mix ups is to take a risk on command grab. She gets good damage, but if you're right, you can definitely make her hurt.

If you want to play the match up or go to the lab and lab everything, we can do that tonight even at like 9PM.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Her forward 3 is reactable in comparison to her lows so the only way she can reliably open you up with her mix ups is to take a risk on command grab. She gets good damage, but if you're right, you can definitely make her hurt.
Aside from corners, Cheetah does twice as much damage as Deadshot, who would have to spend two bars for the same damage output. He also cannot anti-air pounce reliably, not even with jumping 1.

@RevetLeafing plays Cheetah at a high level and considers the match to be in Cheetah's favor, most likely because no competent Deadshot player has been able to beat his Cheetah.

Espio

Kokomo
Aside from corners, Cheetah does twice as much damage as Deadshot, who would have to spend two bars for the same damage output. He also cannot anti-air pounce reliably, not even with jumping 1.

@RevetLeafing plays Cheetah at a high level and considers the match to be in Cheetah's favor, most likely because no competent Deadshot player has been able to beat his Cheetah.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post. Nothing I said was incorrect. I didn't say she didn't or did. A lot of characters outdamage him but that doesn't mean he loses.

The post I quoted had information that makes me doubt the mu is as well known as it should be known for people to argue she wins is all I'm saying.

Mentioning Revet doesn't negate anything stated either. Whenever this match up is talked about, I hear nothing about his superior neutral tools on the ground, his ability to cover various angles with his zoning that would check pounce or anything like that. All I hear is what Cheetah can do, nothing about what Deadshot can do.

She does good against him, that's nothing anyone credible would deny.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
INothing I said was incorrect.
A large piece of your premise revolves around Cheetah having "to take risks" with dive bombs and command grabs and how Deadshot can "definitely make her hurt". Explain how when she does twice as much damage as he does using the same amount of resources.

I mentioned Leafing as evidence for the match because there is too much incorrect theory fighting going on with your post.

Espio

Kokomo
A large piece of your premise revolves around Cheetah having "to take risks" with dive bombs and command grabs and how Deadshot can "definitely make her hurt". Explain how when she does twice as much damage as he does using the same amount of resources.

I mentioned Leafing as evidence for the match because there is too much incorrect theory fighting going on with your post.
If it's just theory fighting than don't waste your time on me. I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. You didn't refute anything I said about her safety so please stop.

The point I was making is pretty simple. If you actually space your zoning you can definitely check her pouncing, there are zoners with less angles they cover that can check her. I'm glad you ignore things I say, but I need to debate your points. His neutral game is definitely better up close too, it's not like he is helpless and can't fight her up close.

He can't full combo punish her for bad reads? What are you even arguing? Black Adam does more damage than a lot of characters, but they can still punish him and make him respect their options.

My original post was talking about options she has that are punishable and not safe since the post talked about minimal risk. You just decided to go into some direction I wasn't arguing so.

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
GL Goes even with Deadshot. you can punish b12u3 with lift. And mb battery blast is your best friend full screen.

I can't agree that DS beats Crow 6-4. It feels more even to me. Yeah, DS can be effective at keep away, but Crow only needs to get mid-range unlike a lot of characters. Then DS has to watch out for F2, J2 and F3.

Then once Crow finally backs DS to the corner, it's way in Crows favor.

ryublaze

Noob
In order to prevent mb b3 punishes on his puddle, I believe Atrocitus has to get Dex-starr to hit within the first few frames after the puddle. Doesn't this (a) make the puddle no longer confirmable and (2) cause the combo to end (trait shot hits awkwardly and Atro can't combo off it)? I mained Atrocitus initially, and deliberately never did this timing b/c I thought it was bad for Atrocitus. However, I may have missed something.
He can MB the puddle after the Dex-Starr hits to still combo from it.

ryublaze

Noob
I doubt Atro beats him. His zoning is good enough to keep Atro out, shield helps a little but not that much. Once Atro gets in then he does well but Deadshot has plenty of tools to compete up close. It is nice to be able to punish the b1 string though i'll give you that.
IMO Atrocitus can't be kept out for long because he can puddle in between high shots and get a full combo. If a puddle trades then he gets a knockdown and can trait up. Or he can just trait up in between high shots.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
On paper cat woman looks to be a bad matchup. Full screen scratch/restand, low pros full screen TS, awesome back 3. Awesome jump 2. Not sure the recovery is on her cat evade, but she can built some meter full screen too with that I assume. Anybody have any Xp yet? I have yet to find a catwoman yet.
I remember when I was put into question on this statement after release....

Think the OP doesn't know the GL matchup yeah you can punish B12u3 with lift but why are you doing that on block against him? Zoning war is definitely in DS favour we have to spend meter to trade. @PharaohLite said that mb battery is your best friend but you spend a bar get 1 dash then it's back to ducking and slowly taking chip damage before being even at footsies.

I anti air her pounce every single time

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Disagree with the Red Hood matchup being 6-4 for Deadshot. From what I've played and seen on Red Hood Sundays (Kandarr vs Playing To Win), Red Hood's counterzoning is very effective versus Deadshot.

- Midscreen mines do good damage and will outtrade a BF1. They force Deadshot to either block which gives you a dash or jump which gives you either a dash or a gunshot check.
- RHs air shots are a legitimate threat and if Red Hood is at like 2/3rd screen he can jump and if Deadshot does another BF1 he gets hit by air shots, so he'll have to read the shots and either jump or do an air shot himself, which opens up a mindgame if the Red Hood player doesn't jump when the Deadshot player does read a jump (RH gets a dash, a mine, etc.)
- Up-close they also go about even. Deadshot can stagger his 50/50s and mix Hood back to fullscreen (or get fat damage in the corner), but RH has a 6-frame D1 that is +11 on hit which gives him a free 32 into either 323 to be +2 on block, 32~Trait for chip, meter building and a low/overhead to be +15 om hit, or a 32 stagger into like a throw/walk-back into B2.

This matchup does not feel in Deadshot's favor.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice list, though as a GL and DS player I would say that's more in DS's favor honestly, GL struggles against all the other zoners in this game at the end of the day. If GL gets in, he can manage but from a far pfftt that's going to be a headache for GL lol

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
If you are a Green Lantern main and you say this MU is 5-5, you are bad and the Deadshot's you play are absolute shit.