What's new

Deadshot Match-up Discussion

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
Here we can discuss matchup numbers and strategies for Deadshot, I'll be sure to update the chart as the discussion progresses!

Deadshot Matchup Chart:

Aquaman 6 - 4
Atrocitus 6 - 4
Bane 6 - 4
Batman 6 - 4

Black Adam 5 - 5
Black Canary 6 - 4
Black Manta 6 - 4
Blue Beetle 6 - 4
Braniac 6 - 4

Captain Cold 7 - 3
Catwoman 4 - 6
Cheetah 5 - 5
Cyborg 6 - 4
Darkseid 6 - 4

Deadshot 5 - 5
Doctor Fate 7 - 3
Firestorm 6 - 4
The Flash 5 - 5
Gorilla Grodd 7 - 3
Green Arrow 6 - 4
Green Lantern 6 - 4
Harley Quinn 6 - 4
Joker 6 - 4

Poison Ivy 7 - 3
Raiden 5 - 5
Red Hood 6 - 4
Robin 6 - 4

Scarecrow 7 - 3
Starfire 7 - 3

Sub-zero 6 - 4
Supergirl 5 - 5
Superman 6 - 4
Swamp Thing 7 - 3
Wonder Woman 5 - 5

*This was pre-murder of Deadshot, this chart is now completely incorrect and useless*

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Agree with most of it except
Atrocitus: 5-5
Blue Beetle: 6-4
Cheetah: 4-6
Doctor Fate: 7-3
Flash: 5-5
Robin: 5-5
Scarecrow: 6-4

I don’t know the Wonder Woman, Grodd, or Brainiac MUs so cant comment on that. I could see Cold and Starfire being 7-3 though but I’m not sure.

GJX7

Agree with most of it except
Atrocitus: 5-5
Blue Beetle: 6-4
Cheetah: 4-6
Doctor Fate: 7-3
Flash: 5-5
Robin: 5-5
Scarecrow: 6-4
The Scarecrow MU is a 7 - 3 for sure, bullets keep him out all game and you can air straight shot on a read of the J2. It is almost impossible for him to get in and when he does Deadshot has a very good wakeup and a decent back dash to deal with pressure

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
The Scarecrow MU is a 7 - 3 for sure, bullets keep him out all game and you can air straight shot on a read of the J2. It is almost impossible for him to get in and when he does Deadshot has a very good wakeup and a decent back dash to deal with pressure
As a scarecrow main, I do not agree with that. Yes, it's a tough as hell matchup but it's not impossible to get in. The key is patience. It's a 6-4 for Deadshot at most.

GJX7

As a scarecrow main, I do not agree with that. Yes, it's a tough as hell matchup but it's not impossible to get in. The key is patience. It's a 6-4 for Deadshot at most.
Btw I'm a Crow main too. He struggles to get in more than any other character (apart from maybe Swamp Thing), wrist cannon will keep Crow in constant check and he'll just get chipped down with mb rifle.

Even when he does Deadshot has mix-ups for days to send you right back full screen again.

Also, Deadshot can deal with pressure better than most characters, he has a good back dash; a 6 frame mid; and fast jump normals to punish whiff command grab.

One of Scarecrows top 3 hardest match-ups easily

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Btw I'm a Crow main too. He struggles to get in more than any other character (apart from maybe Swamp Thing), wrist cannon will keep Crow in constant check and he'll just get chipped down with mb rifle.

Even when he does Deadshot has mix-ups for days to send you right back full screen again.

Also, Deadshot can deal with pressure better than most characters, he has a good back dash; a 6 frame mid; and fast jump normals to punish whiff command grab.

One of Scarecrows top 3 hardest match-ups easily
Again, yes it's a touch matchup, but not a 7-3. Also, I'll slowly take that chip as I work my way in cause once I'm in, 1 wrong move, we'll be back at even health and now it's up to me to make sure I stay in control.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
As a Cyborg and WoWo main I think its bad for Borg but maybe only 6-4 though.

I would also say the DS beats WoWo 6-4.

:)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I honestly think Wonder Woman has a slight disadvantage against him. Her best hope is to walk him to the corner, which is what makes it not that bad of a MU but I woukd say 6-4 for Deadshot.

Also doesn't he destroy Poison Ivy?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I honestly think Wonder Woman has a slight disadvantage against him. Her best hope is to walk him to the corner, which is what makes it not that bad of a MU but I woukd say 6-4 for Deadshot.

Also doesn't he destroy Poison Ivy?
Anyone with decent jump-ins or better zoning seem to win against her...

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Another Crow main chiming in (sup guys). I also think it's only 6/4. Actually, after a set with Playing2Win he told me he has Scarecrow as winning the MU. I feel very, very comfortable in that matchup and I would so much rather use him than any character with a projectile.

Case in point, Cold is NOT a 6/4, are you kidding? One of the worst matchups in the game. Awful. Can't stress enough how bad it really is.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
This mu chart is so bad . You have only catwoman beating him while he loses to cheetah ,adam and supergirl also . Flash is 5-5 or possible flash might beat deadshot . Scarecrow is 6-4 at best , no way its 7-3. Aqaman is rly bad might be 7-3 for deadshot. Batman 5-5 .

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This mu chart is so bad . You have only catwoman beating him while he loses to cheetah ,adam and supergirl also . Flash is 5-5 or possible flash might beat deadshot . Scarecrow is 6-4 at best , no way its 7-3. Aqaman is rly bad might be 7-3 for deadshot. Batman 5-5 .
DS definitely beats Batman

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I refuse to believe he loses to catwoman, she doesn't have armor cat dash anymore so what's overpowering? Cheetah I could see since she's getting in no matter what

Here we can discuss matchup numbers and strategies for Deadshot, I'll be sure to update the chart as the discussion progresses!

Deadshot Matchup Chart:

Aquaman 6 - 4
Atrocitus 6 - 4
Bane 6 - 4
Batman 6 - 4

Black Adam 5 - 5
Black Canary 6 - 4
Black Manta 6 - 4

Blue Beetle 7 - 3
Braniac 6 - 4
Captain Cold 6 - 4

Catwoman 4 - 6
Cheetah 5 - 5
Cyborg 7 - 3
Darkseid 6 - 4
Deadshot 5 - 5
Doctor Fate 7 - 3
Firestorm 6 - 4
The Flash 6 - 4

Gorilla Grodd 7 - 3
Green Arrow 6 - 4
Green Lantern 6 - 4
Harley Quinn 6 - 4

Joker 7 - 3
Poison Ivy 6 - 4
Raiden 5 - 5
Red Hood 6 - 4
Robin 7 - 3
Scarecrow 7 - 3

Starfire 6 - 4
Sub-zero 6 - 4

Supergirl 5 - 5
Superman 6 - 4
Swamp Thing 7 - 3
Wonder Woman 5 - 5
Pretty good list atleast for the characters ik

I refuse to believe he loses to catwoman, she doesn't have armor cat dash anymore so what's overpowering? Cheetah I could see since she's getting in no matter what
She's got her dodge, walkspeed, dash speed, j2, and a cat dash. I can definitely see it even though I don't play either

idk... deadshot has a good space control but if you play patiently you'll get in, and once you are in it's big dmg 50/50 town. One knockdown and the match is potentially over. From my experience, this is a 5-5.
That's not even true. It's near impossible for brain to safely get in and once he does and the dead shot is smart, the brain won't do near big damage. He loses. The only time you'd do big damage on him is if he's too dumb and doesn't block overhead

kcd117

Noob
That's not even true. It's near impossible for brain to safely get in and once he does and the dead shot is smart, the brain won't do near big damage. He loses. The only time you'd do big damage on him is if he's too dumb and doesn't block overhead
Nah dude, brain doesn't have that hard of a time getting in, at least he shouldn't if you are using all his mobility tools the righr way, and if you are not getting openings for big dmg, that's on you. He has the tools to get in, to stay in, and to end the matchup in a few guesses, deadshot doesn't keep him from doing anything that is crucial for him to win, except jumping like a maniac.

Nah dude, brain doesn't have that hard of a time getting in, at least he shouldn't if you are using all his mobility tools the righr way, and if you are not getting openings for big dmg, that's on you. He has the tools to get in, to stay in, and to end the matchup in a few guesses, deadshot doesn't keep him from doing anything that is crucial for him to win, except jumping like a maniac.
Dead shot keeps brainiac from getting in by stopping trait, stopping leap, stopping ia dk, bf3, and dash. If you honestly think that deadshot can't keep brain out the entire game then you haven't played good deadshots.
You described that once brain gets in the deadshot has to guess 5050 and if they guess wrong they'll eat a 500 dmg combo but that is simply untrue which was what I was pointing out