What's new

Deadshot Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
So hearing about his lack of combos kinda sucks but he does have some mid screen combo ability. I really do feel that he is going to be a very scary opponent. If you guys have seen most streams NRS has held everytime they refer to someone and talk about being zoned out Deadshot is always mentioned even when they talked about characters like Fate and Firestorm who look to have awesome zoning options. I'm gonna have a lot of fun keeping everyone out lol. Also it's kinda funny how in the comics her isn't much of a hand to hand fighter and it followed him in game.

Thingy

Retired account
I can not wait to get my hands on this character. Lack of midscreen combos is not much of a concern for me. With zoning tools like Deadshot, we will have plenty of meter for MB b3 or f3s to get a midscreen combo and put them full to mid screen again. That overhead leg popup shown in the video @StormGoddess posted looks sexy also. Again, it sucks the best gameplay we have seen so far is the trailer, but as @SaltShaker mentioned, it is probably a blessing in disguise so the casuals do not see some effective zoning pre release and start losing their shit.

Just watched the stream and I feel like while his keep away game seems strong, what can he do when an opponent gets close?
Does he got sth like wakeup sword flip DS style?
His close up game seems weak, like really weak.
They didn't show many combos, nor any strong setups either.
I am not rly sure about this character, but I will main him I guess
because that's the only character that reminds me of my old main.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Just watched the stream and I feel like while his keep away game seems strong, what can he do when an opponent gets close?
From what we saw, Deadshot up close game sucks. Let's hope his zoning is strong enough to compensate that.

And let's not forget, same as mb roll can be used to get in, it can be used to escape too, which is the use Deadshot will make of it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm happy for people who really liked the gunshot zoning of DS in Injustice, Deadshot seems a valid replacement.

However, as I have said about a million times, what made Deathstroke so fun for me was his combination of zoning and offensive game. Deadshot just feels like half a character for better or worse.

ismael4790

According to what 16Bit said in the breakdown, BF3 is SAFE on block.

@PND_Ketchup, looks like they changed it with respect to the build you tested. I think this is pretty big.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
They said on stream he has a SAFE wakeup attack, which is the knee, so now he also has a safe 50/50. With that and retreating gunshot and mb rifle it seems he has plenty to do up close.

Plus his trait gives him normals that do meter steal, dot, or knockdowns. He can have a d1 that is a knockdown on hit and has three safe specials to cancel into on block. He seems fun and different from Deathstroke. I hope that cheers you up, I can't wait for Funny & Cool dead shot moments!

Last edited:

ismael4790

They said on stream he has a SAFE wakeup attack, which is the knee, so now he also has a safe 50/50. With that and retreating gunshot and mb rifle it seems he has plenty to do up close.

Plus his trait gives him normals that do meter steal, dot, or knockdowns. He can have a d1 that is a knockdown on hit and has three safe specials to cancel into on block. He seems fun and different from Deathstroke. I hope that cheers you up, I can't wait for Funny & Cool dead shot moments!
D1 with explosive bullets will probably knock them away. I wonder if the low b1, which is also wrist gun based, will also knock them far away. This would be strange because yeah, you send them away, but bye to combos starting with b1 if you enable explosive bullets.

Also, I wonder if he will be able to do any kind of continuation after antiairing with ground shot or mb ground shot.

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Honestly I think he will not be so good in this game . Why ? Look how much other characters we have with also good zoning or even better and better upclose game , teleports ....

Status
Not open for further replies.