What's new

Deadshot General discussion. "Eat lead suckers!" Competitive mode only

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Guys work on your insta air gunshot. It is what will separate the good deadshots form the great ones.

Also and tips on getter wrist cannon punish after crouching vs aqua? It is super important.
I can't really seem to get the instant air guns out low enough to hit anyone. How low can you get them to shoot?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I can't really seem to get the instant air guns out low enough to hit anyone. How low can you get them to shoot?
I think only certain characters can be hit with an IAG. Honestly, I don't see a huge point of IAG personally. I never used them much as Deathstroke. They don't feel like they have a lot of cancelled landing lag, and bouncing shots/full hop air shots seem to cover all bases. Though I could just be an unskilled scrub.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Tried him in ranked for the first time today and boy the counter-picking hate is REAL. How the **** do you guys deal with supergirl?

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Tried him in ranked for the first time today and boy the counter-picking hate is REAL. How the **** do you guys deal with supergirl?
its a slow grind. just know she is going to want to trait laser you alot so duck and shoot. also if she ever does b12 breath there is a gap that you can 123 or 12 bf3.

For the life i me i can not hit and of deadshot's combo strings is the timing really tough for him?
for example i can't hit his b12 up3 wc wc
am i really that shit with him lit me know haha

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
For the life i me i can not hit and of deadshot's combo strings is the timing really tough for him?
for example i can't hit his b12 up3 wc wc
am i really that shit with him lit me know haha
Wrist Cannon got nerfed in the patch but they didn't post it in the patch notes. I don't think that even works anymore because of the added recovery on BF1.

Wrist Cannon got nerfed in the patch but they didn't post it in the patch notes. I don't think that even works anymore because of the added recovery on BF1.
ahh thank you i can only seem to get one shot off with him on that string.

what do you think is his best bnb combo is?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I wouldn't mind a deeper discussion on this too. I think she's shaping up to be one of DS' worst matchups. The fact that the MB teleport is a crossup overheard really really irks me.

I know it got nerfed, but are you sure it's the frames? People are saying that it's the fact that it doesn't knock you up as high anymore.

That being said, it still works (I tested it midscreen on Catwoman), but it's such a friggin tight link that it's just not worth going for now.

ahh thank you i can only seem to get one shot off with him on that string.

what do you think is his best bnb combo is?
Same combo as before, just replace the second WC with a far TS.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I know it got nerfed, but are you sure it's the frames? People are saying that it's the fact that it doesn't knock you up as high anymore.

That being said, it still works (I tested it midscreen on Catwoman), but it's such a friggin tight link that it's just not worth going for now.
You could right right. Just going off of what i heard on that one.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Can you hit a TS after WC
Yes. Refer to the combo thread which has the new BnB updated.

Okay guys, I've been craving some actual productive discussion on this board to counterbalance all the complaint and nerf threads. Iwould really like to talk about the Supergirl matchup, as I think it's the worst MU for DS right now, and a very common go-to counterpick at almost all levels. I've labbed this character for a few days and lurked the SG boards for insights. Would anyone be against me making a separate thread for dedicated discussion? I think this is a very important MU we need to know unless we want to get ended by gimmicks.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Yes. Refer to the combo thread which has the new BnB updated.

Okay guys, I've been craving some actual productive discussion on this board to counterbalance all the complaint and nerf threads. Iwould really like to talk about the Supergirl matchup, as I think it's the worst MU for DS right now, and a very common go-to counterpick at almost all levels. I've labbed this character for a few days and lurked the SG boards for insights. Would anyone be against me making a separate thread for dedicated discussion? I think this is a very important MU we need to know unless we want to get ended by gimmicks.
Her main pressure string b123 has like 10 trillion gaps in it. you can interrupt b12 breath with 123 xx bf3. if you commit to try and interupt b123 they can finish the string and you get knocked down and you have to guess. if you don't commit and she finishes the string she is punishable. Lasers are annoying but really just don't get into a pattern and you are fine. It's a slow match that you win because she has to burn meter to do any sort of damage so if you manage meter well you should come out on top. Just learn what her mixups are play reactive to what she is trying to do rather than autopiloting with shots to keep the pace is my advice. It really doesn't seem that bad and possibly in DS's favor but I also just think Supergirl is kind of garbage right now.

Last edited:

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Does headshot have any disadvantage matchups? If so, who are they?
I personally think Supergirl, Aquaman, Darkseid, and Superman are his biggest offenders. Also I need to play the match up more but I think Ivy may give him problems as well.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I personally think Supergirl, Aquaman, Darkseid, and Superman are his biggest offenders. Also I need to play the match up more but I think Ivy may give him problems as well.
Superman ? I dont this hes that bad but catwoman .....

btw how ds was nerfed ? :eek: what was nerfed ?:mad:

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Superman ? I dont this hes that bad but catwoman .....

btw how ds was nerfed ? :eek: what was nerfed ?:mad:
One of these things happened:
1. His Wrist Cannon got a couple more recovery frames, or...
2. His B12U3 doesn't launch as high as before the most recent patch.

This was found out because his B12U3 Midscreen BnB is less consistent now. I honestly don't know which one of these happened.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Right now i legit think he either wins or go even with everyone in the game. I am personally getting bodied by batman but i think thats a personal bad matchup rather than a real one.
I know its early but imo catwoman , black adam , supergirl matchups he loses 100% Darkseid possibly too .

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Her main pressure string b123 has like 10 trillion gaps in it. you can interrupt b12 breath with 123 xx bf3. if you commit to try and interupt b123 they can finish the string and you get knocked down and you have to guess. if you don't commit and she finishes the string she is punishable. Lasers are annoying but really just don't get into a pattern and you are fine. It's a slow match that you win because she has to burn meter to do any sort of damage so if you manage meter well you should come out on top. Just learn what her mixups are play reactive to what she is trying to do rather than autopiloting with shots to keep the pace is my advice. It really doesn't seem that bad and possibly in DS's favor but I also just think Supergirl is kind of garbage right now.
You see, that's what everyone says, but that's all on paper. In practice, I constantly see DS players getting beat by Supergirl and that has to be for a reason. I refuse to believe that this matchup is anywhere near in DS' favor, at least for now.

Supergirl is an incredibly underrated character IMO, and the downplay on her is ridiculous. Everything people harp on is all theoretical and on paper stuff. Yeah, B123 has gaps in it, but do you know how hard it is to get a real full combo punish in a pressured matchup when you're not even expecting the string? I'm using both 1 and F1 (both 6 frame moves), and it's still hard to poke in between the gap of B12 xx Breath. Half of the time I trade with it, and sometimes if I really don't see the string coming, I get hit when I even try to poke on. On top of that, if Supergirl does low laser or even just finishes the string, DS can NOT poke out of the string, and any attempt to will get blown up.

Sure, Supergirl has to MB to do any real damage, but she has a lot of privilege to gain it since her midrange game is so much stronger than ours (all of her normals have crazy advancing range). And DS does relatively low damage, so even if we guess right, we're not punishing her for much more damage than she's doing to us meterless. Most of DS's "combo" damage comes from knocking them full screen with the combo and continuing the chip with gun shots. However, this is diminished by my next point...

That teleport. Getting right to the obvious here, this is what ruins the MU for me more than anything, and probably a lot more people than are willing to admit. Let's face facts, it ruins DS's keepaway game, because any missed shot can result in a full combo punish. The fact that it's a near instantaneous full screen crossup-overhead is extremely annoying. It's not even that easy to block on reaction. This move wouldn't be so bad if Supergirl didn't have so many other tools to complement it. For one, she can use it in the air, in combination with her air dash and float, leaving you guessing when she'll teleport a lot. Second, she has those lasers. Neither would be horrible on their own, but lasers plus a teleport mean that you can't zone basically ever, and misreading a MB teleport and attempting to block it will get you hit by a laser instead. Lastly, since her strings have such long distance on them, she can hover around in the midrange game, just waiting to get some block pressure, and then cancel that string into the teleport.

I think this MU is downright horrible and I'm trying to find every aspect that can cushion the blow. The fact that she heavily nullifies what makes DS outstanding is the main issue here. Even if some people disagree with me on how bad it is, I still think it's an important MU to learn because like I said, a LOT of people will instantaneously pick Supergirl against Deadshot because it's such an easy workaround on the keepaway. I'm probably going to make a thread today at some point to highlight my findings.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Did You see the video?. He was sarcastic and moking the game because Deathshot.
Low MB rifle all day and playing like a scrub almost got Him to win.
I saw other videos of Him saying "Don't be a (soap bar in my mouth) like this guy or else You'll end up being a NRS player."
He alredy dropped the game and went to bash Injustice II in His Tekken7 videos.