What's new

Deadshot General discussion. "Eat lead suckers!" Competitive mode only

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So deadshot salt aside, how are people handling the supergirl matchup? She seems to do very against him since her lasers knockdown and are so fast. Anyone have tips for the matchup?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Interested in your opinion about the possible main weakness of Deadshot, guys. I think it's antiar department. Yes, you can trick bullets, but damage is low and can't cover every distance, so whoever can jump and do some sort of attack or threat from the air, gives him problems (adam, darkseid...). Uppercut sucking does not help.

I would happily trade f23 not being special cancelable for a better uppercut.

Glad my character does well against Deadshot anyway, makes me not have to take that approach.
Darkseid does very well vs Deadshot, agree.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Interested in your opinion about the possible main weakness of Deadshot, guys. I think it's antiar department. Yes, you can trick bullets, but damage is low and can't cover every distance, so whoever can jump and do some sort of attack or threat from the air, gives him problems (adam, darkseid...). Uppercut sucking does not help.

His aas aren't great yea.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015

I have not played a set yet. Literally have just sat in the lab for the first week testing him and things I look for. I usually spend a week in practice after story mode so I can get his frames down.

AA is his biggest weakness. IM TELLING YOU ONCE THE GAME GETS FLESHED, CATWOMAN WILL 7-3 DEADSHOT. She has everything to counter him with. She just needs to work into a little inside half screen and she can get in range for her jump in. You have to eat it if she gets in the air. All you can do is read with jump WC or TS. His air to airs are useless. Hit box's on them seem to be micro. I keep getting beat doing nj1 or nj2 every time testing it. Only success is premptive jump normals which is a tall order going live.

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
I have not played a set yet. Literally have just sat in the lab for the first week testing him and things I look for. I usually spend a week in practice after story mode so I can get his frames down.

AA is his biggest weakness. IM TELLING YOU ONCE THE GAME GETS FLESHED, CATWOMAN WILL 7-3 DEADSHOT. She has everything to counter him with. She just needs to work into a little inside half screen and she can get in range for her jump in. You have to eat it if she gets in the air. All you can do is read with jump WC or TS. His air to airs are useless. Hit box's on them seem to be micro. I keep getting beat doing nj1 or nj2 every time testing it. Only success is premptive jump normals which is a tall order going live.

catwomen does not 7-3 deadshot... you just do not know how to deal with jump 2. u can MB back 3 it and it will beat all options except jump 2 d1 or jump 2 cancel to wall bounce. she can't open you up very well. also at max jump 2 range if u see it... neutral jump. you guys need to lab more instead of jumping to conclusions less than a week since the game has been out.

Also, dead shot best AA is instant jump 1 or air to air jump 1. his d2 is good if you do it really early.

The Farmer

catwomen does not 7-3 deadshot... you just do not know how to deal with jump 2. u can MB back 3 it and it will beat all options except jump 2 d1 or jump 2 cancel to wall bounce. she can't open you up very well. also at max jump 2 range if u see it... neutral jump. you guys need to lab more instead of jumping to conclusions less than a week since the game has been out.

Also, dead shot best AA is instant jump 1 or air to air jump 1. his d2 is good if you do it really early.
I trust your judgment more then mine. 7-3 is probably a stretch I admit, but I just sense that seasoned catwoman players can do well in this mAtchup

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
I trust your judgment more then mine. 7-3 is probably a stretch I admit, but I just sense that seasoned catwoman players can do well in this mAtchup
semijj is the best I have played in i2 and we went even. once I remembered that f2 isn't an overhead I did even better. try what I said about dealing with her j2

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
semijj is the best I have played in i2 and we went even. once I remembered that f2 isn't an overhead I did even better. try what I said about dealing with her j2
How exactly did you deal ivy? I'm assuming that's who he play. Once she was full screen and had trait out it was hard for me to do anything cause of those drill things

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So deadshot salt aside, how are people handling the supergirl matchup? She seems to do very against him since her lasers knockdown and are so fast. Anyone have tips for the matchup?
Yea I was getting killed in this MU at first but now not so bad. I would just say you have to be much more patient than some of the other MUs because of those eye lasers, her normals, and the threat of teleport. Try to play it at a slower reactive pace and see if that helps fare better.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Credit to @BxA Ragnarök for the tech on his Scarecrow.

We can punish Aquaman F12-FTD MB combos with an air escape and F1 or B1 or etc. Aquaman stands there with the trident up and you can combo him. If you have the meter and the match dictates it may be a good trade off to counter with this and throw him off his game.

Try aaing with an instant ji1 , works fine for me

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So guys, I have a question about DS' trait. To put it short, is there any point of non-explosive bullets? These seem like the best by far to me.

I did some damage testing and explosive bullets do almost as much as incendiary bullets most of the time. F123 and MD WC do MORE with the explosive bullets than incendiary ones (unless training mode damage is lying to me). Seriously, why do these get a damage increase?
After playing some matches with my friends last night, I've sort of felt like the meter steal on the poison bullets is really small. Like, I felt like I wasn't making that much of a difference. Is it even worth it?

The way I see it, with explosives doing almost as much damage as incendiary WITH a knockdown, and poison not stealing that much meter, they seem like the go-to bullet every single time.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So guys, I have a question about DS' trait. To put it short, is there any point of non-explosive bullets? These seem like the best by far to me.

I did some damage testing and explosive bullets do almost as much as incendiary bullets most of the time. F123 and MD WC do MORE with the explosive bullets than incendiary ones (unless training mode damage is lying to me). Seriously, why do these get a damage increase?
After playing some matches with my friends last night, I've sort of felt like the meter steal on the poison bullets is really small. Like, I felt like I wasn't making that much of a difference. Is it even worth it?

The way I see it, with explosives doing almost as much damage as incendiary WITH a knockdown, and poison not stealing that much meter, they seem like the go-to bullet every single time.
Thoughts?
Alot of combos won't link with blue bullets so you will lose out on damage. F1 MB combo, B1 combo, corner combos, they will fall too fast and you can't link the rest. Whereas the fire damage boost gives you the most damage on your optimal combos.

I use the blue bullets a lot when they are far screen so I can land a hit and keep them there, once they get to midscreen I switch or active to fire in most MUs, in case I land a hit.

I never use the poison shots. They are useless imo. They barely drain any meter unless you are hit confirming into something like EX Barrage but for the limited duration and the time you set it up, that is borderline not practical. Unless I'm missing something here it's a waste. Blue and Fire are golden.

ismael4790

Alot of combos won't link with blue bullets so you will lose out on damage. F1 MB combo, B1 combo, corner combos, they will fall too fast and you can't link the rest. Whereas the fire damage boost gives you the most damage on your optimal combos.

I use the blue bullets a lot when they are far screen so I can land a hit and keep them there, once they get to midscreen I switch or active to fire in most MUs, in case I land a hit.

I never use the poison shots. They are useless imo. They barely drain any meter unless you are hit confirming into something like EX Barrage but for the limited duration and the time you set it up, that is borderline not practical. Unless I'm missing something here it's a waste. Blue and Fire are golden.
I find green bullets pretty useful. Drain meter can make them unable to mb roll which means more comfortable zoning, also reduces their chances of winning clashes. And in the corner you can drain like a full bar with certain conversions.

Btw, Lord Brady has spoken

https://twitter.com/MK_TomBrady/status/867453266740879360

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I find green bullets pretty useful. Drain meter can make them unable to mb roll which means more comfortable zoning, also reduces their chances of winning clashes. And in the corner you can drain like a full bar with certain conversions.

Btw, Lord Brady has spoken

https://twitter.com/MK_TomBrady/status/867453266740879360
Yea in the corner I have found solid use for it, getting like 85% of their bar is great. Midscreen though I haven't been able to find much use that would justify over Blue or Fire. What specials or situations you use it mid to far screen?

Also yea, funny how so many established players are starting to come out saying he is fine or he should be let rock recently. Wishful thinking the rest of the community would catch up.

ismael4790

Yea in the corner I have found solid use for it, getting like 85% of their bar is great. Midscreen though I haven't been able to find much use that would justify over Blue or Fire. What specials or situations you use it mid to far screen?

Also yea, funny how so many established players are starting to come out saying he is fine or he should be let rock recently. Wishful thinking the rest of the community would catch up.
If a character is super scary with meter, i like to take as much meter from him as I can. I try to mix straight shot with barrages or ex trickshots, or f123 string that makes them think you whiffed something then they often eat the three shots from the 3. Also this string has great recovery.

Maybe it's personal taste, but i use green shots the most, then blue ones when i want to be super defensive, and red ones to get that damage.

The Farmer

If a character is super scary with meter, i like to take as much meter from him as I can. I try to mix straight shot with barrages or ex trickshots, or f123 string that makes them think you whiffed something then they often eat the three shots from the 3. Also this string has great recovery.

Maybe it's personal taste, but i use green shots the most, then blue ones when i want to be super defensive, and red ones to get that damage.
Pretty sure I've never inputed f4 once yet :-|

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I mean, poison sounds good in effect, but it just drains soooooo little meter. Like, a MB BB doesn't even take a whole bar, and that costs a bar to do ourselves.

i dont see why i should use d2xx4 within cornercombos to get the red ones for more damage..
lets check:
b21u3xxbf3, f123, b233 : 327 damage
b21u3xxbf3, d2xx4, f123, b233 : 316 damage
better check (because more gunshots):
f3, f123, f123 : 358 damage
f3, d2xx4, f123, f123 : 339 damage

the d2 scales down the combodamage.

edit: i also never use the green ones in the corner. sometimes i pick them after a b233 ender in the corner.... but never used the d2xxf4 cancel....
lets check:
f3, 1xxbf12, f123, b233 : 341 damage
f3, d2xxf4, 1bf12, f123, b233 : 307 damage

as i said, the d2 scales the damage down, and the opponent gets more meter then you steal from him. you can tweak around with bf1 cancels and meterburn them... but i would still think the concept of d2xxtrait within cornercombos is useless.

its viable to d2xx4 to send them fullscreen/make more damage/steal meter after an anti-air:
d2xx4, f1, f1, f123
(but deadshots anti-air sucks... better use ji1)

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
i dont see why i should use d2xx4 within cornercombos to get the red ones for more damage..
lets check:
b21u3xxbf3, f123, b233 : 327 damage
b21u3xxbf3, d2xx4, f123, b233 : 316 damage
better check (because more gunshots):
f3, f123, f123 : 358 damage
f3, d2xx4, f123, f123 : 339 damage

the d2 scales down the combodamage.

edit: i also never use the green ones in the corner. sometimes i pick them after a b233 ender in the corner.... but never used the d2xxf4 cancel....
lets check:
f3, 1xxbf12, f123, b233 : 341 damage
f3, d2xxf4, 1bf12, f123, b233 : 307 damage

as i said, the d2 scales the damage down, and the opponent gets more meter then you steal from him. you can tweak around with bf1 cancels and meterburn them... but i would still think the concept of d2xxtrait within cornercombos is useless.

its viable to d2xx4 to send them fullscreen/make more damage/steal meter after an anti-air:
d2xx4, f1, f1, f123
(but deadshots anti-air sucks... better use ji1)
Damn this actually makes a lot of sense. Gonna check some stuff out later tonight, but I never really noticed that before. Good catch.