What's new

Deadshot General discussion. "Eat lead suckers!" Competitive mode only

I thought deadshot looked badass before I got the game, (and before all this nerf talk lol) so I have a question for you guys. Is he a fun character to play? I don't care about having to deal with another deadshot that only spams bullets, I'm done dealing with rushdown 50/50 mixups.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
I thought deadshot looked badass before I got the game, (and before all this nerf talk lol) so I have a question for you guys. Is he a fun character to play? I don't care about having to deal with another deadshot that only spams bullets, I'm done dealing with rushdown 50/50 mixups.
I may be a bit biased because he is my favorite comic book character but man Oh man do I enjoy playing as him. Just keeping people at bay and knowing they are screaming into their pillow makes him great. His gear is pretty badass and everytime about him makes me a happy lad.

When people get in close though it does get a tad frustrating lol. Give him a try bro!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I may be a bit biased because he is my favorite comic book character but man Oh man do I enjoy playing as him. Just keeping people at bay and knowing they are screaming into their pillow makes him great. His gear is pretty badass and everytime about him makes me a happy lad.

When people get in close though it does get a tad frustrating lol. Give him a try bro!
He's only char in whole roster that interests me. Finally a fully dedicated zoner in a unique design from nrs.

Don't care much about his overhead starter, might as well make that string non special cancelable or something, idc.
But I swear to god if his zoning gets overnerfed due to impatient crybabies, I'm selling this damn game.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
He's only char in whole roster that interests me. Finally a fully dedicated zoner in a unique design from nrs.

Don't care much about his overhead starter, might as well make that string non special cancelable or something, idc.
But I swear to god if his zoning gets overnerfed due to impatient crybabies, I'm selling this damn game.
or you could just switch over to Dr.Fate or Darkseid, both excellent zoners.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
On paper cat woman looks to be a bad matchup. Full screen scratch/restand, low pros full screen TS, awesome back 3. Awesome jump 2. Not sure the recovery is on her cat evade, but she can built some meter full screen too with that I assume. Anybody have any Xp yet? I have yet to find a catwoman yet.

Shaka

Tier Whore.

Selling your game won't do shit. 1 out of 5million copies lol

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Only thing that I think needs nerfing is like, some frames on his normals and maybe losing his 50/50. Other than that he seems fine but you know who Deathstroke is and we know where this goes.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Doctor Fate and Darkseid, although cool, have a heavy component of setups that is not my style. Only completely dedicated zoner I see in this game now is Deadshot.
Darkseid has no skill barrier, he has setups but walking back and spamming omega beams can get you pretty far. At least for now.
Note:

CrazyFingers

Darkseid has no skill barrier, he has setups but walking back and spamming omega beams can get you pretty far. At least for now.
Against people who actually know the MU and have patience, walking back and fire omega beams isn't enough. You need to mix a lot of stuff in there and taking the time to learn when to do stuff and when not to do stuff is a barrier by itself.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Note:
Well, it's not about skill, it's just that I don't like Darkseid setup style which seems to be where he shines. And pretty sure his zoning is overrated.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
On paper cat woman looks to be a bad matchup. Full screen scratch/restand, low pros full screen TS, awesome back 3. Awesome jump 2. Not sure the recovery is on her cat evade, but she can built some meter full screen too with that I assume. Anybody have any Xp yet? I have yet to find a catwoman yet.
I'm hearing from a couple of people that this may be an extremely bad MU for Deadshot. Gonna play Ra tonight to get a feel of it but hearing it could be one of the worst in the whole game.

Arzumis

Premium
Premium Supporter
I do know he does well against other zoners, his omega beams knock down and are really plus on hit.
only if your trading with omega beam. People with who can duck his beam and check him like aquaman, ivy, fate, deadshot alot of zoners have some mid projectile or attack to check with while darkseid has to spend bar just For his projectiles not to be ducked. He has to get in on them.

CrazyFingers

only if your trading with omega beam. People with who can duck his beam and check him like aquaman, ivy, fate, deadshot alot of zoners have some mid projectile or attack to check with while darkseid has to spend bar just For his projectiles not to be ducked. He has to get in on them.
Hasn't been my experience. I tend to keep other zoners at bay relatively easily even without omega beams actually hitting. Granted I'm using teleports+trait to help out with that but still, we shouldn't be underrating his zoning here.

Arzumis

Premium
Premium Supporter
Hasn't been my experience. I tend to keep other zoners at bay relatively easily even without omega beams actually hitting. Granted I'm using teleports+trait to help out with that but still, we shouldn't be underrating his zoning here.
im saying strictly zoning them back will result in failure.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Unless you're playing people you know, seems nearly everyone from low to high level players will counter pick you now.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Unless you're playing people you know, seems nearly everyone from low to high level players will counter pick you now.
Noticed that too. I recently started labbing Black Adam alongside Deadshot and Batman. Gonna stay a Deadshot main but we will need backups

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Noticed that too. I recently started labbing Black Adam alongside Deadshot and Batman. Gonna stay a Deadshot main but we will need backups
Yea definitely feels like at least one soild backup will be needed. Black Adam sounds like a great complimentary character. I was looking at Aquaman but I'm gonna try to fully decide by like Tuesday going into the later week.