What's new

Deadshot General discussion. "Eat lead suckers!" Competitive mode only

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I tried getting them out as fast and low to the ground as possible but after recovery it doesn‘t feel much faster as when you just regulary bf1. The particle itself is a little bit faster though at least it feels like it
From the quick testing I did it seems like one or two frames faster if you can do them almost frame perfect from jumping off the ground.

It's a super minor difference tho for how hard they are to do. The projectile is just so small you have to do them so low to the ground

Cursa

I was testing by doing a regular BF1 and then setting AI to jump at first but I could hardly tell a difference.

Then I set AI to block and reversal BF1 (I was using Deadshot dummy) and using regular BF1, the AI beat my out if I tried to do a second one or I think it can trade if you get it frame perfect.

When I did IA bullet we traded pretty easily, occasionally mine hit first if I did it extra low to the ground

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
He just needs slightly re-improved zoning. That would be better than giving him combo damage/extension buffs, he's clearly meant to be a zoning archetype character so just make him a damn decent one.

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
He just needs slightly re-improved zoning. That would be better than giving him combo damage/extension buffs, he's clearly meant to be a zoning archetype character so just make him a damn decent one.
He could be the most nerfed character in NRS history. There is a solid argument for that. Every single aspect of the character was nerfed: pressure/staggers, damage, zoning, meter build, combo potential, corner damage, unclashable possibilities... the list goes on. The issue was he had no depth and could be learned in a few days... if he was complex and hard to use like zod then you wouldn't have seen a million of them in top 8s and he would not have gotten hit so hard

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
yea deathstroke nerfs in first inj were nothing in comparison . Deathstroke remained as solid mid after nerfs while deadshot might be one of worst characters in game now . One change ( reversing his wc nerfs ) would instantly make him better .

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
yea deathstroke nerfs in first inj were nothing in comparison . Deathstroke remained as solid mid after nerfs while deadshot might be one of worst characters in game now . One change ( reversing his wc nerfs ) would instantly make him better .
actually deathstroke may have still been a top 10 character after his zoning nerfs. Character had awesome corner game, good damage off low and over head starters, great anti zoning and air control. I agree

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Funny thing is even without all these nerfs , he might not even be top 5 now . He had bad mus like catwoman , cheetah , supergirl . Now add to this atom , hellboy , enchanstress. Maybe some more chars IDK . Good adam gave him problems too .

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The problem with Deadshot to me was never that he was this insanely broken character who had no bad matchups but rather that he fucked over some other characters by having a very easy gameplan that was very effective against them. Why would I ever put months of grinding into Swamp Thing when someone could pick up Deadshot the week before and give me fits?

Cursa

The problem with Deadshot to me was never that he was this insanely broken character who had no bad matchups but rather that he fucked over some other characters by having a very easy gameplan that was very effective against them. Why would I ever put months of grinding into Swamp Thing when someone could pick up Deadshot the week before and give me fits?
One of the many complaints people have about quite a few characters in IJ2. Give or take some characters due to some people just being salty, but it's a kinda decent point

Cursa

I'm still kinda in the boat of more damage on trick shot and forcing his opponent to make reads on jumping/walking in and implement that into his gameplan somehow would've made him a lot more enjoyable to fight against and raised his skill ceiling slightly. I think the meter build nerf was generally well received by most people.

Some sorta gameplan giving some risk/reward factor between jumping over the projectiles at the risk of being anti-air'd by a trick shot that actually does something more than like 7% damage or whatever it is.
Funny thing is even without all these nerfs , he might not even be top 5 now . He had bad mus like catwoman , cheetah , supergirl . Now add to this atom , hellboy , enchanstress. Maybe some more chars IDK . Good adam gave him problems too .
I think if he was in the current game state he'd still be a pretty dumb character, if you ever got outzoned by someone you'd just switch to Deadshot and suddenly you win basically every zoning war, which was arguably the dumbest thing about him, he just shut down the whole idea of ever playing a different zoner more or less.

Not even including all the rushdown characters he would still beat.

If you could pick up a character in like 1 day and only have maybe 6 losing matchups, which aren't even hard losing matchups i.e 6-4's, and then you still win an absolute truckload of matchups with basically 0 character specific labbing....

yea pretty nutty character.

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
THis!!!!!!

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
But that is also true with dr fate and starfire. I just wish ds was very hard to use and required investment like a blue beetle. Then he would have been fine.

PLAYING TO WIN

I like to hold up/back.
I'm still kinda in the boat of more damage on trick shot and forcing his opponent to make reads on jumping/walking in and implement that into his gameplan somehow would've made him a lot more enjoyable to fight against and raised his skill ceiling slightly. I think the meter build nerf was generally well received by most people.

Some sorta gameplan giving some risk/reward factor between jumping over the projectiles at the risk of being anti-air'd by a trick shot that actually does something more than like 7% damage or whatever it is.

I think if he was in the current game state he'd still be a pretty dumb character, if you ever got outzoned by someone you'd just switch to Deadshot and suddenly you win basically every zoning war, which was arguably the dumbest thing about him, he just shut down the whole idea of ever playing a different zoner more or less.

Not even including all the rushdown characters he would still beat.

If you could pick up a character in like 1 day and only have maybe 6 losing matchups, which aren't even hard losing matchups i.e 6-4's, and then you still win an absolute truckload of matchups with basically 0 character specific labbing....

yea pretty nutty character.
This is exactly why they just literally removed him from the game. And they should have. I blame whoever designed him.

Cursa

But that is also true with dr fate and starfire. I just wish ds was very hard to use and required investment like a blue beetle. Then he would have been fine.
It's true to a lesser extent, current SF and Fate have good skill/reward and risk/reward ratio but it was nowhere what pre-patch DS was

You're right tho, there's zoning characters in this game that do take some skill or at least have pretty defined weaknesses like Cyborg or Darkseid at least, was hoping for more of them like that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Royal Contributor
You're right tho, there's zoning characters in this game that do take some skill or at least have pretty defined weaknesses like Cyborg or Darkseid at least, was hoping for more of them like that.
Atom, Dr. Fate, and Starfire are the best designed zoning characters if you are competitive player looking to use a zoning character. They play a significant role in the game's meta, but none of them is as dominant as pre-patch Deadshot used to be.

Even if Deadshot received buffs, I would be surprised if he turned out to be anything better than a mid tier character. Considering what he did to the meta patches ago, I am certain the developers would take the utmost precautions for any type of significant buffs. So, if perhaps one day after EVO you read the patch notes, do not get disappointed by what you see.

Yes, Deadshot is unusable and clearly the worst character, but at least the game offers you tournament viable options in terms of zoning gameplay styles. You have to take what you get because the golden days are never coming back. Just like they never did with Deathstroke in Injustice 1.

Cursa

Yes, Deadshot is unusable and clearly the worst character, but at least the game offers you tournament viable options in terms of zoning gameplay styles. You have to take what you get because the golden days are never coming back. Just like they never did with Deathstroke in Injustice 1.
I just find it disappointing to see a character be deleted from the roster. It could've been any character, zoner or otherwise, it still would've been equally as disappointing, for me personally.

At least they tried to bring Deadshot back with that trait buff thing they did but as @PLAYING TO WIN said he was poorly designed to begin with. His skill/risk/reward ratio was just super skewed. Even like release Aquaman and Black Adam took more effort to use (Although were still dumb af).

I agree they would've either been really careful with their buffs or would've just sorta ignored him all up, he was a huge stain on the game for 6 months and hurt it's reputation pretty badly imo. I have memories of that all Deadshot tournament before he got his actual nerfs.

I think they took too long to nerf him tbh, if he'd been nerfed earlier then maybe people wouldn't be so against DS buffs, but a lot of people are just left with the memory of a character than took like 2 hours to learn and just won like half the matchups in the game, with 0 or super minimal actual matchup learning.

It's just sad really. I get why NRS did what they did but damn, it's just disappointing to see any character go to waste

Skedar70

Noob
Geez this guy was murdered. I haven't seen a deadshot in years. Even get the occasional Raidens, Raphs and Donnies but never a low tier deadshot. He was literally erased from the game.