What's new

Deadshot = Deathstroke 2.0

Was Deadshot balanced properly?

• Total voters

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You would if your market value, share holders, future credibility & personal bonus depended on it. I do understand your point though, deadshot nerfs were total overkill, but NRS are a money making company. They'll happily shutdown/nerf or buff a character if it means profit. I don't blame them, I just dislike what business does to communities.
i doubt all that would ride on the playstyle of one character tbh. Besides plenty of money has already been made, you all bought the game & the dlc's am i right? and further dlc's have the potential to bring in new players anyways.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Not sure if the reason deadshot got nerfed for all these business reasons. Pretty sure he was just a pretty top tier character who deserved some nerfs, and was nerfed a lil too hard.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
It's just a theory. Still, if I was in charge, I 100% would have killed him if I was NRS, and if it were true, It's not a justification; it's a business decision.

A single characters competitive play potential isn't worth the damage he was doing to the game. He was turning people off of the game, both as players and as viewers. They made this huge push to try and spotlight the competitive scene with IJ2, and viewership just isn't as strong as MKX. That's not all DS fault, but DS crawling all over top 8's sure wasn't helping me stay interested. I've been a pretty rabid FG viewer over the past two or three years, and he made for some of the most painfully, uninteresting and strait up frustrating viewing in the entirety of FG streaming.

There is a show being put on, and DS has zero star power or screen presence. Contrast that to Dr. Fate who is actually fun to watch, and start thinking who is better of being in the top 10 (all other things being equal) if you are trying to promote viewership and long term interest in the game.

Does that mean they couldn't try to normalize him a bit more if he was bottom 1? No. But if his core design demands he be really really good or really really bad, then I don't think the game or scene is improved by buffing him. I understand that's a radical viewpoint, but it's where I'm at.
Lets be serious here, there was 1 deadshot riddled tournament, the rest was mostly me, so idk how I can solo kill viewership, but he didnt need to get destroyed like that. Fate is way worse to watch than deadshot imo, but its all opinion. Supergirl is super aids to watch too.

You can nerf characters you perceive to be boring, but if all the characters are boring anyway, nothing will change.