What's new

Dead or Alive 6 announced!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Listen you young whipper snappers...>BACK IN MY DAY<...Uncle JBeezY played DOA since part 1 on Playstation 1! Ya darn tootin'! Knowledge proof! The very first boss in the series was Ayane, Kasumi's sister.

BOOM BITCH!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
DoA is the casual game I loved to play. I know people play it competitively, DoA is that game I never really look into to deeply but enjoy loading and having a mash at. I seriously like this game in a casual way.

I'm very excited for this and like all modern games it is going to live or die in my eys based on the netcode. DoA 5 was laggy as hell.

Be interesting to see if they go the same way.. as in 100% free but then dlc crazy with skins and stages and extra characters. Sorta a mix between Killer Instinct and ... I dunno something with a bagillion dlcs.

All in all super psyched for this...

Also releasing this just before e3 is genius. Every gaming site and fan is clamouring for e3 news and in anticipation of what will be at e3 and dead silence from every publisher waiting for their e3 spotlight.. So this trailer is rocking super loud. Everyone is watching it.

The legendary waifu game is back. And one of the SonicFox favorite games. Let's see if They can dethrone him now.
I think it is his brother who is the really good DoA player?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
DoA is the casual game I loved to play. I know people play it competitively, DoA is that game I never really look into to deeply but enjoy loading and having a mash at. I seriously like this game in a casual way.

I'm very excited for this and like all modern games it is going to live or die in my eys based on the netcode. DoA 5 was laggy as hell.

Be interesting to see if they go the same way.. as in 100% free but then dlc crazy with skins and stages and extra characters. Sorta a mix between Killer Instinct and ... I dunno something with a bagillion dlcs.

All in all super psyched for this...

Also releasing this just before e3 is genius. Every gaming site and fan is clamouring for e3 news and in anticipation of what will be at e3 and dead silence from every publisher waiting for their e3 spotlight.. So this trailer is rocking super loud. Everyone is watching it.

I think it is his brother who is the really good DoA player?
They are both pretty damn good at the game.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
i guess this will be the first doa game i actually learn how to play doa5 played once and is collecting dust as we speak lol

Aramonde

Noob
I've never played DOA since most of their was exclusive to Xbox consoles but i'll pick this up if the online is good.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Huh.
I wonder if Mila will make it. I don't think she deserves to be one-off character.

can't do a fighting game now without supers and an easy button.
Let's see how that easy button will work and what those supers will be.

The former may or may not end up being a noob trap. If those combos are always the same and mostly grounded, it'll be an invitation to eat a hold. Besides, some characters already had some sort of easy damage button, except you had to mash some easy string. Not optimal most of the time, but that's not what "easy button" is absolutely expected to achieve, so w/e.

graphics looks pretty sick
It's interesting that graphical style of characters largely remained the same (models look almost like in DoA5), just like what happened to Tekken and SC. But DoA6 seemingly offers an amazing progress when it comes to ambience, granted that judging graphics by trailers is a bad idea.

It's really good as a casual game.
There are still tons of nuances you can find if you play it seriously too.
It's pretty great combination.

It seems that the announcement was along the lines of "there will be a ton of solo content this time, and oh, you will be able to play this online too". Whereas announces usually like to brag about getting their netcode to modern level. This isn't very reassuring.

I've never played DOA since most of their was exclusive to Xbox consoles but i'll pick this up if the online is good.
Well, the last one exclusive to XBox was DoA4, and it sold poorly because of that, I guess. DoA5 even made it on PC. It was a port of questionable quality, but it was one of the very first ones of the period (which is remarkable by itself), and almost all of them were crap in that regard.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Easy buttons systems are good for learning the basics of the game first, which is more important than having to learn combos for me personally.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I mean, it's not like combo assist ruined GG (nobody even cares to play "stylish" mode there though) or KI (people suggest to turn it off because of glitches with manuals it causes, but generally it works).

And after getting more familiar with the game I would like to add that it's not like Fantasy Strike is a bad game even though the hardest combo there is like 4A, 6A, B-B performed within very generous timeframe, with huge mash-resistant buffers and copious hitstuns.

And hell, you will be freestyling your combos in DoA anyway.

Looking mighty fine. I've always enjoyed DOA a lot, now it seems to have some class to top it. Unfortunatly, I can't count with my Phase 4 to return D:

D

Deleted member 58466

get it because ForeverKing has a brother called Burrito Vorhees...

and the joke was Sonics brother is called Taco Meyers

like burrito and taco
Jason Vorhees and Micheal Myers