What's new

Dds vs Sg, MU info/advice compilation thread.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
I'm starting this thread to try and compile all the tech and strategies required to minimize the losing match up that is: dead shot vs super girl.

Depending on how you play dead shot she is pretty much your only bad match up. It's seams like a 5-5 or a 4-6 offline but it's complete hell with any delay.

Issues with the mu.

Laser spam; it's plus 3 and incredible fast. Just barely slower than deadshots straight shot. Very little recovery and on hit it leads to a neato knockdown. Offline you can contend with straight shot then duck. Online your best option is the sniper but off a read you could end up eating a teleport. If their extra dumb just wait out till the trait is too low to spam.

Air dash; the air dash is incredible fast and it's pretty difficult to anti air with the trick shot unlike supermans. D2 is pretty solid but you have to time It right or your gonna eat a bit of damage. Meet it with a jump 2 on read and go for a combo to send them full screen. Or just back dash if your not in the corner, which will probably never occur since it's easier to put your self in the corner and zone, then to try and dictate the map with spacing and your explosive rounds.

Teleport; lol just block homie that shit negative asf

112 + d1 frame trap; back dash the d1 and start zoning. Other wise you pretty much gotta block it.

This is about it for now. Looking back it's a little cancer in the eyes to read but it's better than nothing I suppose. Go ahead and list further issues in the match up or and solutions I have missed, and feel free to throw in the average skill based insults that generally come when asking any question regarding deadshot as a main. Cheers

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I really hate this MU lol. I have some info on it because I think it's a very important MU to know, especially since SG was buffed a LOT recently.

One thing that's important to remember in this MU is to NOT fear using WC. It's still a good move and important to control the pace of the match, but you just always have to keep that teleport in mind and block on read or reaction. But you can't just let SG fly and laser all over the place for free.

Another thing to remember is SG's gameplan in general. She mostly functions at a midrange, hovering with the footsies of her B123 and sweep. Do not recklessly jump into that range and remember to keep her honest at this distance with calculated usage of your projectiles and B1.

I don't value explosive bullets in this MU like I do in others. The knockback is practically irrelevant. SG can just teleport in whenever she wants. However, in this MU I particularly value Poison Bullets. SG is a fairly meter starved character. She needs meter to get any sort of realistic combo going, and to make a teleport actually worth it.

Other ways to deal with MB teleports are jumping. The MB version really shouldn't hit you if you jump, and since DS has air shots, jumping isn't a terrible idea either.

On that note, master your instant air shots. You'll need that to control her air dash shenanigans.

SG has both a low starter (B123 into MB breath) and an overhead starter (B2B1+3). Both are fairly hard to react to, but the overhead is very negative on block. Open her up when you see that you've blocked it.
The low starter isn't punishable, but if SG wants a combo off of it, she needs to commit to the breath. The breath can be held in order to make it "harder" to punish, but a surefire way to punish it is block by holding down and mash D2. You will uppercut her when she stops holding the breath, and if she MBs the breath to make it safe, the D2 wont come out at all. At the very least, you've made her waste her meter.

The real key to blocking these mixups are knowing the ranges at which they work. Like I said, it's kind of hard to react to the first hits of these strings, but you should know that B123 is a primary spacing tool, often used at a jumping or sweeping range. B2B1+3 is more of a close range tool. As i said, just be prepared to punish both.

TC, I recommend J1 over J2 for getting SG out of her air dash. J1 is significantly faster and safer.

When SG is waking up, you'll mostly see Rising Sun or Teleport if they're feeling bold and want that combo damage. I'd say her wakeup isn't terribly hard to punish. Move up on her and crouch guard. React to the teleport if you see it come out and switch your block accordingly, followed by your standard B12U3 punish. If the Supergirl ends up going for the Rising Sun, punish it with a Ji1 or Ji2 (while she's still in the air), followed by a ground combo (I use B12, F12 xx AK). Other than these unsafe moves, keep an eye out for universal wakeup options like back dash, delayed wakeups, and just blocking and you should be fine. I've found very little success in armoring her wakeup moves, so never do that.

Also watch out for SG players that teleport mid string. Some particularly annoying setups are B1 xx Teleport or Air Dash J1 xx Teleport.

When you get hit, always anticipate SG's crossup F3 mixups. SG players LOVE doing that stuff, so be prepared for an inverted block, or just do a wakeup knee or backdash.

As I mentioned before, I particularly like Poison Bullets in this MU. As such, here's a few combos that allow for Poison Bullet application to help drain SG's meter and limit her pesky teleport nonsense.

F3, Ji2, D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
B3, Ji2, D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
Ji1 D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
Ji2 D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB

If Poison Bullets still aren't your thing, I'd say even Fire Bullets are more useful in this MU than Explosive Bullets. Another thing to note is that if you're in the corner and you end a combo with B233, you have enough time to get out a trait and still pressure the wakeup option. Normally I don't use this in other MUs, but I'll do anything to deny SG meter.

Last edited:

MGTarkus

Kohustle
I really hate this MU lol. I have some info on it because I think it's a very important MU to know, especially since SG was buffed a LOT recently.

One thing that's important to remember in this MU is to NOT fear using WC. It's still a good move and important to control the pace of the match, but you just always have to keep that teleport in mind and block on read or reaction. But you can't just let SG fly and laser all over the place for free.

Another thing to remember is SG's gameplan in general. She mostly functions at a midrange, hovering with the footsies of her B123 and sweep. Do not recklessly jump into that range and remember to keep her honest at this distance with calculated usage of your projectiles and B1.

I don't value explosive bullets in this MU like I do in others. The knockback is practically irrelevant. SG can just teleport in whenever she wants. However, in this MU I particularly value Poison Bullets. SG is a fairly meter starved character. She needs meter to get any sort of realistic combo going, and to make a teleport actually worth it.

Other ways to deal with MB teleports are jumping. The MB version really shouldn't hit you if you jump, and since DS has air shots, jumping isn't a terrible idea either.

On that note, master your instant air shots. You'll need that to control her air dash shenanigans.

SG has both a low starter (B123 into MB breath) and an overhead starter (B2B1+3). Both are fairly hard to react to, but the overhead is very negative on block. Open her up when you see that you've blocked it.
The low starter isn't punishable, but if SG wants a combo off of it, she needs to commit to the breath. The breath can be held in order to make it "harder" to punish, but a surefire way to punish it is block by holding down and mash D2. You will uppercut her when she stops holding the breath, and if she MBs the breath to make it safe, the D2 wont come out at all. At the very least, you've made her waste her meter.

The real key to blocking these mixups are knowing the ranges at which they work. Like I said, it's kind of hard to react to the first hits of these strings, but you should know that B123 is a primary spacing tool, often used at a jumping or sweeping range. B2B1+3 is more of a close range tool. As i said, just be prepared to punish both.

TC, I recommend J1 over J2 for getting SG out of her air dash. J1 is significantly faster and safer.

When SG is waking up, you'll mostly see Rising Sun or Teleport if they're feeling bold and want that combo damage. I'd say her wakeup isn't terribly hard to punish. Move up on her and crouch guard. React to the teleport if you see it come out and switch your block accordingly, followed by your standard B12U3 punish. If the Supergirl ends up going for the Rising Sun, punish it with a Ji1 or Ji2 (while she's still in the air), followed by a ground combo (I use B12, F12 xx AK). Other than these unsafe moves, keep an eye out for universal wakeup options like back dash, delayed wakeups, and just blocking and you should be fine. I've found very little success in armoring her wakeup moves, so never do that.

Also watch out for SG players that teleport mid string. Some particularly annoying setups are B1 xx Teleport or Air Dash J1 xx Teleport.

When you get hit, always anticipate SG's crossup F3 mixups. SG players LOVE doing that stuff, so be prepared for an inverted block, or just do a wakeup knee or backdash.

As I mentioned before, I particularly like Poison Bullets in this MU. As such, here's a few combos that allow for Poison Bullet application to help drain SG's meter and limit her pesky teleport nonsense.

F3, Ji2, D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
B3, Ji2, D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
Ji1 D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB
Ji2 D2 xx F4, B23 xx BB

If Poison Bullets still aren't your thing, I'd say even Fire Bullets are more useful in this MU than Explosive Bullets. Another thing to note is that if you're in the corner and you end a combo with B233, you have enough time to get out a trait and still pressure the wakeup option. Normally I don't use this in other MUs, but I'll do anything to deny SG meter.
B22 is deadshots best ender. Atleast in my opinion. You can play mind games with there wake up and go for the cross up j3. But I completely agree with pretty much everything you said, patience is key with this mu. I actually think explosive rounds are pretty good because of the knockdown, it allows you to set up for the meaty df2 full screen. If you trade with a laser you both get knockdown. It depends on who is leading I guess. But yeah this is the most annoying match up to date I believe (with deadshot).

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
B22? Do you mean B23? B23 alone isn't an ender, unless you mean B233 or B23 xx Knee. And did you mean in general or in the corner? I'd assume you mean in the corner since you suggest a Ji3 crossup followup. I know a lot of people like B233 as an ender, but the damage you give up by doing that instead of AK doesn't really seem worth it to me. A lot of people should be able to react to Ji3 crossup anyways. Sometimes you can even get it off of AK regardless lol. But especially in this MU where SG's primary wakeup tool is an anti air, I wouldn't value it too much.

I guess explosive could be useful for the knockdown. It's probably a preference thing at the end of the day. Just watch out for SG players using that as an opportunity to wakeup teleport lol.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
B22? Do you mean B23? B23 alone isn't an ender, unless you mean B233 or B23 xx Knee. And did you mean in general or in the corner? I'd assume you mean in the corner since you suggest a Ji3 crossup followup. I know a lot of people like B233 as an ender, but the damage you give up by doing that instead of AK doesn't really seem worth it to me. A lot of people should be able to react to Ji3 crossup anyways. Sometimes you can even get it off of AK regardless lol. But especially in this MU where SG's primary wakeup tool is an anti air, I wouldn't value it too much.

I guess explosive could be useful for the knockdown. It's probably a preference thing at the end of the day. Just watch out for SG players using that as an opportunity to wakeup teleport lol.
I meant back 233 the 9 frame mid starter that ends in hard knockdown. It sends them nearly full screen and allows you to set up trait and go for the df2 meaty. And explosive rounds builds more bar on block due to the inclreased damage. It's good for closing out rounds with chip.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
This isn't deadshot's only bad MU
Catwoman is pretty bad sometimes but I don't think it is that bad of a match up. Wonder Woman can get annoying but still I think deadshot wins that. Well what do you believe are his bad match ups. This is his most prevalent one that's why I made the post.

Redk9

Noob

Watch the loser finals set with foxy vs the supergirl player. I know something along the lines of foxy is way better will be the justification, but until you're playing at his level stop complaining about the match up.

He doesn't think it's a bad match up for a reason

MGTarkus

Kohustle
His losing MU's are Supergirl, Catwoman, Darkseid, and possibly Cheetah.
LOL darksied loses bad to deadshot. But catwoman I think is a 5-5 definitely not fun but not in her completely in her favor. Supergirl definitely wins she is the worst match up and the most prevalent.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Watch the loser finals set with foxy vs the supergirl player. I know something along the lines of foxy is way better will be the justification, but until you're playing at his level stop complaining about the match up.

He doesn't think it's a bad match up for a reason
Foxy is one of the few people I've seen play this MU correctly.