What's new

Day 1

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
Hi, stupid character loyalist here on day 1. Sorry I'm late guys.
Is there any 8-2 or worse? Is this an uphill battle or truly futile?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
In modern times, I don't see any 7-3s or worse for Jade courtesy of Delia's Dance + Air Razor-rang. Those two are such ridiculous universal powerhouses that they make Jade solid no matter the situation. No real matchups that are "truly futile" at this point.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Who would even be Jade’s worst MU in the current state of the game?

I know Shang and Scorpion were considered poor for her before customs. Anyone else?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Jade still has losing match ups like Raiden, Sindel and such like any other character, but current Jade is well rounded and complete so she doesn't have any horrible match ups that feel unwinnable like 8-2. Those I don't believe are really a thing in this game for any character though. She is now more on par with a character like Noob Saibot minus the high damage capabilities of Noob. She finally has more tangible safety instead of constantly having to put herself in harm's way for no damage. The current loadout is Air glaive, Delia's dance and then you can mix and match whatever but low spark or Deadly Assassin strings would be my recommendation.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Out of curiosity (I honestly don’t know), why is Sindel considered a bad MU for Jade?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Out of curiosity (I honestly don’t know), why is Sindel considered a bad MU for Jade?
Well in my opinion anyway Jade's air glaive, glow and other options are very susceptible to being punished by scream and hair flip from far out distances that many characters cannot check her. The issue isn't just the KB, she always has access to amp scream as long as she has a bar and meter regens. Sindel makes it risky to zone with Jade because Jade's zoning is tied to either slow start up or requires her to jump (air glaive). Customs help Jade, but Sindel can combine her best tools together so she can frustrate Jade. I don't see many people play it correctly, but it's really frustating.

I know people will say just block and wait for Sindel, but when you're waiting on the opponent to do things and they control the pace and can do so from such a distance it's not that simple. It's not terrible or anything, but I feel like the optimal Jade build might lose slightly to the optimal Sindel build. I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.

I also personally like using Sindel against Jades and am more successful than not (now this isn't saying it's proof, but I do better with her than my secondary Baraka for a reason imo).

My opinion isn't fact, but when I think of match ups that worry me to play with Jade: Sindel, Raiden, Scorpion come to mind off the bat, there are others, but I need to try out more match ups as well.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
In modern times, I don't see any 7-3s or worse for Jade courtesy of Delia's Dance + Air Razor-rang. Those two are such ridiculous universal powerhouses that they make Jade solid no matter the situation. No real matchups that are "truly futile" at this point.
Air Rang was the first custom lock. Even with the recovery, that trajectory is very generous. Thanks for your input.

Jade still has losing match ups like Raiden, Sindel and such like any other character, but current Jade is well rounded and complete so she doesn't have any horrible match ups that feel unwinnable like 8-2. Those I don't believe are really a thing in this game for any character though. She is now more on par with a character like Noob Saibot minus the high damage capabilities of Noob. She finally has more tangible safety instead of constantly having to put herself in harm's way for no damage. The current loadout is Air glaive, Delia's dance and then you can mix and match whatever but low spark or Deadly Assassin strings would be my recommendation.
This will secure a build I can deeply lab, i'm super thankful!

Hot_DNA

Noob
Well in my opinion anyway Jade's air glaive, glow and other options are very susceptible to being punished by scream and hair flip from far out distances that many characters cannot check her. The issue isn't just the KB, she always has access to amp scream as long as she has a bar and meter regens. Sindel makes it risky to zone with Jade because Jade's zoning is tied to either slow start up or requires her to jump (air glaive). Customs help Jade, but Sindel can combine her best tools together so she can frustrate Jade. I don't see many people play it correctly, but it's really frustating.

I know people will say just block and wait for Sindel, but when you're waiting on the opponent to do things and they control the pace and can do so from such a distance it's not that simple. It's not terrible or anything, but I feel like the optimal Jade build might lose slightly to the optimal Sindel build. I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.

I also personally like using Sindel against Jades and am more successful than not (now this isn't saying it's proof, but I do better with her than my secondary Baraka for a reason imo).

My opinion isn't fact, but when I think of match ups that worry me to play with Jade: Sindel, Raiden, Scorpion come to mind off the bat, there are others, but I need to try out more match ups as well.
I think Frost is her worst matchup IMO..Kotal is a horrible matchup but maybe thats just me personally

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I think Frost is her worst matchup IMO..Kotal is a horrible matchup but maybe thats just me personally
Kotal feels disgusting to me and Frost is weird, I'm not a personal fan of it and customs hasn't made it less icky.

So let’s just say I wanted to start playing jade, I have the Custom setup you guys have recommended. Wheres the best place to learn some bnbs or strategy for playstyle etc? Thanks.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Been struggling to get the information I need for every single character I try and pick up just lately. Like I find combo threads and they’re all for before customs came out and no longer relevant. And then it’s finding what people are using in their custom loadouts. It’s rough atm. Tried multiple characters now and don’t feel like I have enough info that’s up to date.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
As a Frost player, I’d say Jade can’t zone/counter-zone Frost (air-glaive/glow are beaten outright fullscreen by Frost v2), but Jade seems to do fine with the more aggressive load outs I’ve encountered. Might just be me tho. I’d be curious to see how Jades with run/dd fare against Frosts at a higher level than mine.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
Hi fam. It's day 40, 200 matches in or so,
Jade is 100% A tier or better; The reason is her defensive options. Reactionary and mid zoning play are absolutely effortless with this b*tch, then you have a parry and projectile invincibility that are relevant to most of the cast. She really doesn't even need combos, kinda why they barely bothered to give her any.

I am a discerning customer, with high expectations for NRS on every release. They have all been met on this title, it's a masterpiece. netkode? it's passable.

Thanks for all the input folks though, now everyone's in serious danger. know that.