What's new

Day 1 Supes Honest thoughts (my opinion)

Supes atm

• Top tier

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Mid tier

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Low tier

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

gibster13

A fan of fans
Sup Kryptonians,

I have played and mained Supes since day 1 and I now think it is time to say my thoughts atm. Let’s hope this doesn’t change by tomorrow’s potential patch.

Prepare your anus if you’re one of those who oppose my view, but it is the truth. Here we go...

Superman is overrated.

Yes,his f23 is very very good but it is all he has. There is not a true mixup or anything just block or d1, it’s only around +1(f23 4 f23) but come on, black Adam’s trait makes him like +16, I’ll say that again...+16. There’s a huge gap (not on block obs) between f2()3, poke it, don’t be scared. Watch sonicfox vs Supes, it is insane, same with hayatei. It is surprisingly difficult to open someone up as Supes if he has to go in, his low is ass. What is the point of his other moves ? His movelist might as well be

J1,2 and 3
B3 and f3
D1
F23
S3
B2

His zoning is good Watch our Lord Theo or our vice-lord @Tweedy , but it can’t take him all the way. Even robin who’s dash is ass, can get in in time.

Matchups are ok, but it isn’t that great he loses a lot of 6-4s imo.

The main issue is his lack of moves

I would go into more, but waiting for this patch even though I can bet my life Supes won’t be buffed.

@Superman Rz @Tweedy @EMPEROR_THEO @KDZ

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’m not a Superman player but I think he’s good. Definitely not top tier though. I also don’t see Superman getting buffed but that’ll probably be okay because the top characters will likely be getting toned down in the patch.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Sup Kryptonians,

I have played and mained Supes since day 1 and I now think it is time to say my thoughts atm. Let’s hope this doesn’t change by tomorrow’s potential patch.

Prepare your anus if you’re one of those who oppose my view, but it is the truth. Here we go...

Superman is overrated.

Yes,his f23 is very very good but it is all he has. There is not a true mixup or anything just block or d1, it’s only around +1(f23 4 f23) but come on, black Adam’s trait makes him like +16, I’ll say that again...+16. There’s a huge gap (not on block obs) between f2()3, poke it, don’t be scared. Watch sonicfox vs Supes, it is insane, same with hayatei. It is surprisingly difficult to open someone up as Supes if he has to go in, his low is ass. What is the point of his other moves ? His movelist might as well be

J1,2 and 3
B3 and f3
D1
F23
S3
B2

His zoning is good Watch our Lord Theo or our vice-lord @Tweedy , but it can’t take him all the way. Even robin who’s dash is ass, can get in in time.

Matchups are ok, but it isn’t that great he loses a lot of 6-4s imo.

The main issue is his lack of moves

I would go into more, but waiting for this patch even though I can bet my life Supes won’t be buffed.

@Superman Rz @Tweedy @EMPEROR_THEO @KDZ
I actually think Supes is pretty underrated right now. He went from being overrated to underrated.

People still blow things like F23 and his block pressure out of proportion. F23 is a really good footsie string but not some auto footsie tool. His block pressure is nothing crazy, just basic strike throw mixups and shimmy pressure.

However, his corner game is actually insane imo. His corner game is criminally underrated and what makes me think the character is still potentially top tier.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I actually think Supes is pretty underrated right now. He went from being overrated to underrated.

People still blow things like F23 and his block pressure out of proportion. F23 is a really good footsie string but not some auto footsie tool. His block pressure is nothing crazy, just basic strike throw mixups and shimmy pressure.

However, his corner game is actually insane imo. His corner game is criminally underrated and what makes me think the character is still potentially top tier.
His corner game is a massive plus, that is true.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
it’s only around +1(f23 4 f23) but come on, black Adam’s trait makes him like +16
Not to be a dick but this is a classic argument of "My tool is not good because this other character has a tool that is better", which isn't really an argument because it doesn't say anything about your tool. If you think F23xxTrait is overrated sure, but explain it in the context of Supes or in how the opponent has to deal with the tool (i.e. it being easy to poke out).

There’s a huge gap (not on block obs) between f2()3
F23 doesn't have a gap though?

His movelist might as well be

J1,2 and 3
B3 and f3
D1
F23
S3
B2
Pretty much, that's kind of Supes' thing.

---

I think Superman is quite good, top ten in my opinion (lower end of course). He has solid zoning, F23 is an amazing footsie/punishing tool and I find its pressure options to be reasonably solid. His damage is also seriously good and he has some pretty nasty crossups as well.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Not to be a dick but this is a classic argument of "My tool is not good because this other character has a tool that is better", which isn't really an argument because it doesn't say anything about your tool. If you think F23xxTrait is overrated sure, but explain it in the context of Supes or in how the opponent has to deal with the tool (i.e. it being easy to poke out).

F23 doesn't have a gap though?

Pretty much, that's kind of Supes' thing.

---

I think Superman is quite good, top ten in my opinion (lower end of course). He has solid zoning, F23 is an amazing footsie/punishing tool and I find its pressure options to be reasonably solid. His damage is also seriously good and he has some pretty nasty crossups as well.
Nah I am saying, the delay between the f2 and the 3, it is quite substantial.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I've flipped between having Superman at nine and ten in my list for a while. And while it may be based on my understanding his MU chart does still put him handily within the lower limits of top ten in my opinion.
His neutral and pressure game are overrated, but his corner game is criminally underrated.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
He is only overrated if you think he is top 5 which I don't think anyone thinks that at all anymore lol.

He is probably top 10 or right outside (I think he is right outside)

But he is very good lol, Catwoman, Deadshot, Batman are very likely to get nerfed and those are some of his harder MUs so he's gonna be even better after the patch even if he gets nothing (not like he even needs anything) so yeah...

Also his corner game is one of the best in the game for sure
And what do you mean his F23 has a gap? :S if you meanon whiff then you might as well have to work better on your spacing, if you're whiffing it that's on you and you deserve to get whiff punished.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
He is only overrated if you think he is top 5 which I don't think anyone thinks that at all anymore lol.

He is probably top 10 or right outside (I think he is right outside)

But he is very good lol, Catwoman, Deadshot, Batman are very likely to get nerfed and those are some of his harder MUs so he's gonna be even better after the patch even if he gets nothing (not like he even needs anything) ao yeah...

Also his corner game is one of the best in the game for sure
And what do you mean his F23 has a gap? :S
Easy to whiff punish after a whiffed f2