What's new

Dash Speed Tier List

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This list only dictates how fast someone's dash is. Not how far they go.

S+
Kotal, Shao Khan

S:
Sub, Johnny, Liu, Sonya, Jax, D'Vorah, Kollector

A:
Jacqui, Kabal, Cetrion, Noob, Raiden, Geras, Kitana, Frost

B:
Cassie, Baraka, Scorpion, Kano, Skarlet, Erron

This list is missing Kung Lao and Jade

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Rushdown characters dash better
Zoning spacing characters walk better

But i dunno exactly what he is covering here, is it distance coverage?
Because i've heard a brasilian player saying some character dashes are shorter but recover much faster, unless something has changed.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Great thread @Circus

I have a question? Do you know how to Datamine PS4/XB1/PC?
If so can you get someone to cross check the Switch leak?

On topic:
This is so awesome and I was seriously hoping we had this.
As for Wave Dash and Dash cancel I was hoping they would make the first dash cancelable but then add recovery thereafter so people can't destroy the neutral with dash cancels.

LawAbidingCitizen

Credit to Alioune on twitter. He explains this is more or less how it breaks down.
This is different from walk speed.

S+:
Kotal

S:
Sub, Johnny, Liu, Sonya, Jax, D'Vorah, Kollector

A:
Jacqui, Kabal, Cetrion, Noob, Raiden, Geras, Kitana, Frost

B:
Cassie, Baraka, Scorpion, Kano, Skarlet, Erron

This list is missing Shao Kahn, Kung Lao, and Jade
RIP Cassie rushdown @Vslayer

@Circus can you add the videos of dash cancels and wave dash? They are lost in the thread.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Subby is S? I'm happy about that!

I'd like to know about Kahn's dash. Guess I won't have to wait long.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Rushdown characters dash better
Zoning spacing characters walk better

But i dunno exactly what he is covering here, is it distance coverage?
Because i've heard a brasilian player saying some character dashes are shorter but recover much faster, unless something has changed.
Alioune compiled this in relation to the wavedash exploit he found, so I imagine it is distance covered the fastest (dash length).

Great thread @Circus

I definitely don't know how to datamine lol. Someone in TYM might though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Alioune compiled this in relation to the wavedash exploit he found, so I imagine it is distance covered the fastest (dash length).

makes a lot of sense, considering some of these characters dash length are pretty short.
Anyway, 3 more days until game release lets see how aplicable this is, i remember Kitana's wavedash in MKX ended up being useless so i never bother with it, then REO found it too and shared, but the tech was never explored because running was far more advanced.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
RIP Cassie rushdown @Vslayer

@Circus can you add the videos of dash cancels and wave dash? They are lost in the thread.
I'm not going to put the wavedash vids in here because they're not 100% related to just dashing. There is also a possibility wavedashing might get patched out, but the general dash speeds should stay the same.

The Wavedash exploit is performed by doing:

Forward, Forward, Block >>>> Forward, Block, Neutral, >>> Forward, Block, Neutral.

Dashing forward to cover distance normally is:

Forward, Forward >>> Forward, Forward >>> Forward, Forward.

LawAbidingCitizen

makes a lot of sense, considering some of these characters dash length are pretty short.
Anyway, 3 more days until game release lets see how aplicable this is, i remember Kitana's wavedash in MKX ended up being useless so i never bother with it, then REO found it too and shared, but the tech was never explored because running was far more advanced.
Yeah true but we don't have run and compared to walk it's far superior from what I'm hearing. The walk speed on those who are rushdown are slower (the ones who have fast dash) and the walk on zoners is fast while having slower dash.

I imagine it will be a who you are thing and what style you play that dictates.

mook

Noob
Great thread @Circus

On topic:
This is so awesome and I was seriously hoping we had this.
As for Wave Dash and Dash cancel I was hoping they would make the first dash cancelable but then add recovery thereafter so people can't destroy the neutral with dash cancels.
I just wanna say, some guy alledgely hooked his computer up to his ps4 and extracted files and found Rain, Mileena, and Cyrax and Sektor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bev5u8
Could be fake, most likely fake but that‘s the only thing about console files. Someone told me it was possible through a file transfer protocol, idk how it works but if you have a Computer and PS4 maybe you could try it?

LawAbidingCitizen

I'm not going to put the wavedash vids in here because they're not 100% related to just dashing. There is also a possibility wavedashing might get patched out, but the general dash speeds should stay the same.

The Wavedash exploit is performed by doing:

Forward, Forward, Block >>>> Forward, Block, Neutral, >>> Forward, Block, Neutral.

Dashing forward to cover distance normally is:

Forward, Forward >>> Forward, Forward >>> Forward, Forward.
Yeah I figured maybe just the dash cancels or even just the dashes to neutral jump?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

How is it an exploit? You could already do this, it’s just better now with quicker dashes. Also was possible in MK9 throughout the entire life of the game.

LawAbidingCitizen

How is it an exploit? You could already do this, it’s just better now with quicker dashes. Also was possible in MK9 throughout the entire life of the game.
I not supposed to have input shortcuts on dash cancel. Going from FF-BLK to F-BLK, Forward BLK is kinda Braindead and screams unintended.
If anything was to have this I'd rather it be instant airs.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I just wanna say, some guy alledgely hooked his computer up to his ps4 and extracted files and found Rain, Mileena, and Cyrax and Sektor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bev5u8
Could be fake, most likely fake but that‘s the only thing about console files. Someone told me it was possible through a file transfer protocol, idk how it works but if you have a Computer and PS4 maybe you could try it?
Unlockable characters in the Krypt have already been deconfirmed, so I don't buy this for a second. If there is anything related to those four somewhere in there, it'll be cosmetics at best, maybe some concept art of Boon holding up Mileena's decapitated head.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm really hoping this is a joke man lol.

What would you have liked for me to call it?

Traditional tier lists are subjective. Dash speeds are NOT subjective.
Not really a tier list, just dash speeds and they can be updated as patches roll out. Same as frame data.
  1. Three characters are missing.
  2. Is it just forward dash?
  3. The game is not released yet, there will be a day 1 patch so making lists like this is largely just props fishing