What's new

Darkseid's Unofficial Move List

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
was shocked when both the tele & stomp where not gear moves, especially the tele, darkseid very high on my list of possible day 1 mains now. with that zoning AND that antizoning he cant not be a beast lol

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Yeah darkseid is awesome, he gives off a bit of a full auto feel. Fast recovering projectile that's a high, good anti air projectile, good damage and an air stomp. The teleport should be interesting

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Becareful with the air teleport mixup:
Seems to be very punishable with a D2-combo with any character on reaction.
What? In the Tyler/Derek match at the end of the stream, Darkseid did a teleport into Jk and Cheetah D2'd the instant he appeared and it was a trade. So if it would have been a second late she would've been combo'd.

Where are you seeing "very punishable with a D2~combo" at?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Theory crafting here but my idea for Darkseid's mix game could be combo that ends in a hard enough knock to get explode minion out then go for his over head or sweep.

If the mix up connects you get a combo. Preferably one that lasts long enough to get most of his trait summon back. If the mix up is blocked cause I'm sure the overhead will be minus and sweeps are usually punishable, if the minion can be timed right it will explode protecting you from harm.

@General M2Dave @Pig Of The Hut cause im sure you two will give Darkseid a try unless he's buns.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yea nvm rewatched it outside of work

Darksied has potential, depends on what his HKD is, what LOW stomp mb is on block and I need t see some more strings
Look at the video again. The last hit of the palm strike looks like a long / hard knock down. In the corner, you could finish a combo, summon the red parademon, and force an overhead / low / throw mix up into explosion as Sloth described above.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
- Only EX Omega Beam and Super Move can be controlled.

- The Around the World Omega Beam turns out to be a gear attack.

- Other special attacks include rekka and knee bash. The latter is a safe wake up attack when used as an EX.

- He has an overhead but no launching low attacks. You can juggle from a throw, though, provided that the "explosive" Parademon is next to the opponent.

- The character has been described as a zoning character who heavily relies on set ups.

I will update the first post with more information later.
IMO hes laser contary to what 16bit said seem to have a good amount of recovery unlike zoners like fate and deadshot, but hes trait comes back kinda quick, it think he is gonna try to keep people out until he gets his trait, mix your shit then throw lasers and teleport back until trait comesback.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Look at the video again. The last hit of the palm strike looks like a long / hard knock down. In the corner, you could finish a combo, summon the red parademon, and force an overhead / low / throw mix up into explosion as Sloth described above.
I forgot the throw was also an option as well with demon out.

I'll be honest I won't play the character most likely but I'll try to help find tech with him cause a friend in my scene has shown interest in the character. And I wanna help my scene/friend.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
pI eAM tSTILL eAPPREHENSIVE dABOUT eHIM sCANT iTHINK gOF nA eREASON dWHY hCAN iYOU m ?

Parasurama

Dragon
What's up, fools? I have not been this excited for a fighting game character since Tremor. While I am also interested in Deadshot, I definitely intend to use Darkseid above any other character. This thread is my attempt to briefly describe and analyze Darkseid's move list which is mostly based on three YouTube video, particularly the Watch Tower stream. See "Sources" at the end of this post. Please correct any mistakes. Feel free to discuss any moves in great detail and theorize feasible gameplay strategies, but keep in mind that everything seen in videos may be subject to changes.

GAMEPLAY STYLE

As described by the developers on the Watch Tower stream, Darkseid is a set up heavy zoning character.

SPECIAL MOVES AND THROW

Omega Beam - a laser beam that hits high and travels horizontally. From my interpretation of the Watch Tower stream, tapping up on the d-pad results in an upward beam while tapping down results in a low beam that travels slightly less than half screen. The regular version of the Omega Beam knocks down while the MB version juggles. In addition, the MB version hits mid but can be aimed on the d-pad to become an upward beam or a full screen low beam. According to the Watch Tower stream, the entire beam has an active hit box.

Aerial Omega Beam - an aerial beam with similar functionality to the grounded Omega Beam. You can perform a beam that travels horizontally in the air or you can tap down on the d-pad and perform
a full screen low beam. The regular version knocks down while the MB version juggles and allows you to aim the beam in different directions.

Aerial Stomp - an aerial stomp that hits low. The regular version knocks down and leaves the opponent full screen away while the MB version juggles.

Teleport - a teleport that transports Darkseid behind his opponent, similarly to Raiden's classic teleport. The command is d,b+3.

Aerial Teleport - an aerial teleport that transports Darkseid behind his opponent. You can perform any aerial moves as soon as you appear on the other side of the screen.

Palm Strikes - a "Rekka Ken" special move with three punches. The last hit results in a hard knockdown or you can meter burn the last hit to push the opponent full screen away.

Knee Bash - an attack with invincibility frames when performed as a wake up attack. The regular version is unsafe on block. The MB version hits twice, pushes the opponent full screen away, and is safe on block.

Throw - Darkseid grabs and beams the opponent directly in the face, leaving him/her full screen away.

CHARACTER POWER

Darkseid has the ability to summon three different types of Parademons from Apokolips. Performing any action or getting hit automatically results in the disappearance of the Parademon. The cool down is ten seconds long.

Blue Parademon - this Parademon appears floating behind Darkseid and can shoot a mid-hitting fireball or perform a fast shoulder charge that covers at least half the screen.

Green Parademon - this Parademon appears in the background next to Darkseid and can perform a shoulder charge or a teleport attack that hits as an overhead and results in a knockdown

Red Parademon - this Parademon appears in the background next to the opponent and creates an explosion that juggles. This property can be utilized to juggle from throws and most likely from other attacks that normally do not create a juggle state.

GEAR SPECIAL MOVES

MB Hate Slam - a three hit string that allows you to meter burn the last hit to get a juggle.

Around the World Omega Beam - a high laser beam shot behind Darkseid which then appears behind the opponent. The MB version hits mid and juggles. Nobody knows yet how this move has to be blocked. If you equip this gear move, you lose the ability to aim your Omega Beam upward.

Away Teleport - a teleport that transports Darkseid away from the opponent. You can teleport away on the ground like Raiden as well as in the air like Tanya.

SUPER MOVE

Tracking Omega Beam - arguably the coolest looking super move in the game thus far. Darkseid turns around and shoots a laser beam that can be aimed on the d-pad.

Sources

@Pig Of The Hut
@PLAYING TO WIN
@ whoever else is interested in using Darkseid

From a competitive point of view... is there a point in learning gear moves?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
From a competitive point of view... is there a point in learning gear moves?
I fail to see the point, but exploring match ups with additional special moves could be fun, particularly when the game becomes stale. Most of the gear moves seem overpowered, though. Darkseid with an away teleport would be similar to pre-patch Tanya, Deadshot with a safe low gunshot would be similar to pre-patch Deathstroke, Dr. Fate with a tracking force ball would have insane zoning and set ups, etc.

Finding setups for the parademon, and optimizing punishes will be interesting to explore. I think Grodd's trait will be less of an issue for Darkseid compared to the other zoners. I image his charge, stomp, and tele should keep the brute away.