What's new

Darkseid's Unofficial Move List

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What's up, fools? I have not been this excited for a fighting game character since Tremor. While I am also interested in Deadshot, I definitely intend to use Darkseid above any other character. This thread is my attempt to briefly describe and analyze Darkseid's move list which is mostly based on three YouTube video, particularly the Watch Tower stream. See "Sources" at the end of this post. Please correct any mistakes. Feel free to discuss any moves in great detail and theorize feasible gameplay strategies, but keep in mind that everything seen in videos may be subject to changes.

GAMEPLAY STYLE

As described by the developers on the Watch Tower stream, Darkseid is a set up heavy zoning character.

SPECIAL MOVES AND THROW

Omega Beam - a laser beam that hits high and travels horizontally. From my interpretation of the Watch Tower stream, tapping up on the d-pad results in an upward beam while tapping down results in a low beam that travels slightly less than half screen. The regular version of the Omega Beam knocks down while the MB version juggles. In addition, the MB version hits mid but can be aimed on the d-pad to become an upward beam or a full screen low beam. According to the Watch Tower stream, the entire beam has an active hit box.

Aerial Omega Beam - an aerial beam with similar functionality to the grounded Omega Beam. You can perform a beam that travels horizontally in the air or you can tap down on the d-pad and perform
a full screen low beam. The regular version knocks down while the MB version juggles and allows you to aim the beam in different directions.

Aerial Stomp - an aerial stomp that hits low. The regular version knocks down and leaves the opponent full screen away while the MB version juggles.

Teleport - a teleport that transports Darkseid behind his opponent, similarly to Raiden's classic teleport. The command is d,b+3.

Aerial Teleport - an aerial teleport that transports Darkseid behind his opponent. You can perform any aerial moves as soon as you appear on the other side of the screen.

Palm Strikes - a "Rekka Ken" special move with three punches. The last hit results in a hard knockdown or you can meter burn the last hit to push the opponent full screen away.

Knee Bash - an attack with invincibility frames when performed as a wake up attack. The regular version is unsafe on block. The MB version hits twice, pushes the opponent full screen away, and is safe on block.

Throw - Darkseid grabs and beams the opponent directly in the face, leaving him/her full screen away.

CHARACTER POWER

Darkseid has the ability to summon three different types of Parademons from Apokolips. Performing any action or getting hit automatically results in the disappearance of the Parademon. The cool down is ten seconds long.

Blue Parademon - this Parademon appears floating behind Darkseid and can shoot a mid-hitting fireball or perform a fast shoulder charge that covers at least half the screen.

Green Parademon - this Parademon appears in the background next to Darkseid and can perform a shoulder charge or a teleport attack that hits as an overhead and results in a knockdown

Red Parademon - this Parademon appears in the background next to the opponent and creates an explosion that juggles. This property can be utilized to juggle from throws and most likely from other attacks that normally do not create a juggle state.

GEAR SPECIAL MOVES

MB Hate Slam - a three hit string that allows you to meter burn the last hit to get a juggle.

Around the World Omega Beam - a high laser beam shot behind Darkseid which then appears behind the opponent. The MB version hits mid and juggles. Nobody knows yet how this move has to be blocked. If you equip this gear move, you lose the ability to aim your Omega Beam upward.

Away Teleport - a teleport that transports Darkseid away from the opponent. You can teleport away on the ground like Raiden as well as in the air like Tanya.

SUPER MOVE

Tracking Omega Beam - arguably the coolest looking super move in the game thus far. Darkseid turns around and shoots a laser beam that can be aimed on the d-pad.

Sources

@Pig Of The Hut
@PLAYING TO WIN
@ whoever else is interested in using Darkseid

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Great write-up of what we have so far. I'm hoping they do a breakdown of him soon.

Regarding the low-beam, at first I was thinking that the hitbox on the move just takes a little while to become active, to prevent Darkseid having low/overhead mixups up close. But then there were times where it looked like it was whiffing of GL quite far away. So hopefully, it's just because it's an early build and they hadn't worked out how to make it interact with floating characters yet

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I actually want to hear all his Intro's since he pretty much tells everyone he is a god and they're going to die.

So keen to use him, maybe some hard to blockabke set-ups with the OH minion, similar to Quan Chi Summoner?

Also looks like he could lack a good wake up other than teleport so could be scary getting put in the corner?

What's up, fools? I have not been this excited for a fighting game character since Tremor. While I am also interested in Deadshot, I definitely intend to use Darkseid above any other character. I could be mistaken, but I do not think that Darkseid has been a playable character in any of the events that NRS has hosted recently so no pictures of move lists or frame data could have been taken. Because Darkseid is included when you pre-order the game, I doubt that too much specific gameplay information will be available until the game is officially released on May 16th. Nonetheless, this thread is my attempt at Darkseid's complete move list which is mostly based on two YouTube video (see "sources" at the end of this post). Please correct any mistakes and indicate any moves that may be part of the gear system. Feel free to discuss any moves in great detail and theorize feasible gameplay strategies, but keep in mind that everything seen now may be subject to changes.

SPECIAL MOVES AND THROW

High Omega Beam - a laser beam that hits high and travels horizontally. The regular version knocks down while the MB version juggles. I am unsure, but I think only the tip of the beam has an active hitbox, similarly to Zod's low laser in Injustice 1. From my observations, the start up appears to be fairly quick, but the recovery is rather long.

Low Omega Beam - a laser beam that hits low and travels horizontally, but possibly not full screen. This move behaves strangely. For some reason, the beam kept whiffing when Tyler was fighting the CPU (Green Lantern).

Around the World Omega Beam - a laser beam shot behind Darkseid which then appears behind the opponent. The MB version juggles. Nobody knows yet how this move has to be blocked. Do you block the move normally by holding back or do you treat the move as a cross up and block by holding forward?

Anti-aerial Omega Beam - a laser beam that travels upward and serves as an anti-aerial attack.

Aerial High Omega Beam - an aerial laser beam that travels horizontally. The regular version knocks down while the MB version juggles.

Aerial Low Omega Beam - an aerial laser beam that hits low and travels horizontally. The regular version knocks down while the MB version juggles.

Aerial Stomp - an aerial stomp with a very short range. The regular version knocks down and leaves the opponent full screen away while the MB version juggles.

Teleport - a teleport that transports Darkseid behind his opponent, similarly to Raiden's classic teleport. The recovery seems to be quick.

Aerial Teleport - an aerial teleport that transports Darkseid behind his opponent. The recovery seems to be quick.

Throw - Darkseid grabs and beams the opponent directly in the face, leaving him/her full screen away.

Other rumored special moves include a short-ranged push and a command throw, but distinguishing these two moves from regular attacks and strings is impossible at the moment until an official move list has been published.

TRAIT - Darkseid summons a Parademon from Apokolips. The Parademon can be controlled to appear behind Darkseid or in the background as an interactable object close to the opponent. The cool down is about ten seconds in length. When the Parademon performs an action, it disappears. When Darkseid has been hit, the Parademon also disappears. The Parademon can perform the following special moves.

Fireball (only observed when the Parademon is behind Darkseid) - the Parademon shoots a red fireball that travels horizontally.

Explosion (only observed when the Parademon appears in the background) - the Parademon explodes which juggles the opponent.

Teleport Attack - the Parademon teleports, appears in the air, and strikes the opponent. The strike results in a knock down. This attack seems as though it could be an overhead.

SUPER MOVE

Tracking Omega Beam - arguably the coolest looking super move in the game thus far. Darkseid turns around and shoots a laser beam that tracks the opponent, similarly to Sektor's EX homing missile.

Sources

@Pig Of The Hut
@PLAYING TO WIN
@ whoever else is interested in using Darkseid
From what I have seen it seems that the push move looks exactly like Zod's but with red energy on Darkseid's hand (we have only seen the normal version, so it is unknown whether he can MB it like Zod did).
The command throw is when he grabs the opponent by their head, shakes and throws away, I think Tyler did it several times to finish some juggles on GL while Ed boon was describing Darkseid's gameplay.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
From what I have seen it seems that the push move looks exactly like Zod's but with red energy on Darkseid's hand (we have only seen the normal version, so it is unknown whether he can MB it like Zod did).
True, but the move may be a normal attack.

The command throw is when he grabs the opponent by their head, shakes and throws away, I think Tyler did it several times to finish some juggles on GL while Ed boon was describing Darkseid's gameplay.

I think what you see at 0:35 is part of a jab string. The command throw may be what you see at 1:02, but it may also merely be a charge move like Zod's.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I don't think his super tracks. It looks like it travels down the bottom of the screen and then back followed by the same motion at the top of the screen. The seemingly chaotic pattern of the omega beams make it hard to follow, but if you slow down the video, you can see that a jump avoids the first part and the second part can possibly be neutral ducked.

REYTHEGREAT

I am worried about his lasers. If only the tip hits then this wont be a good zoning too, right? Ive seen many videos of this laser whiffing even when the character is mid screen or right in front.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
After seeing this potential movelist all I can say is I thought this character was going to be a zoner...

Last edited:
True, but the move may be a normal attack.

I think what you see at 0:35 is part of a jab string. The command throw may be what you see at 1:02, but it may also merely be a charge move like Zod's.
Yeah! And I was referring to the move at 1:02, whether it is a command grab or a charge, it is a special move nonetheless

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
About the low laser whiff. It looks like it's a close/medium/far low Omega Beam, that the rest is just visual effects. When GL was close the OB was a mid range and whiffed. When GL was mid range the close range whiffed and the effects traveled. It looks like you see the impact hit the ground on the whiff. Guessing here.

However, I really hope on Day 1 patch that Teleport gets nerfed. Super safe ground tele and super quick Imposter Shinnok air mix up tele would be worse than MMH tele. We don't need more of that in Inj2.

Overall though character tools look strong, and that trait looks like one of the best. Might come out OP and then normalized after sales. :DOGE

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
@General M2Dave it seems as if Omega Beam is controllable but only forward. There was a time he used it on juggle and it went up, above opponent, then down to them. If that'd the case, it would have to complete it's path to either make contact or exit the screen until he recovers. It could make Darkseid zoning a huge risk...if the person dodges it and the path of the beam doesn't have a hitbox, he will get punished hard for it.

Wavy

Block Spammer
I was playing MK earlier with possessed Kenshi and definitely seems that Darkseids low beam whiffing is because its a close/medium/far attack similar to Kenshi's demon slam.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
@General M2Dave it seems as if Omega Beam is controllable but only forward. There was a time he used it on juggle and it went up, above opponent, then down to them. If that'd the case, it would have to complete it's path to either make contact or exit the screen until he recovers. It could make Darkseid zoning a huge risk...if the person dodges it and the path of the beam doesn't have a hitbox, he will get punished hard for it.
I DONT THINK THATS HOW THEY WORK.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
About the low laser whiff. It looks like it's a close/medium/far low Omega Beam, that the rest is just visual effects. When GL was close the OB was a mid range and whiffed. When GL was mid range the close range whiffed and the effects traveled. It looks like you see the impact hit the ground on the whiff. Guessing here.
The explanation makes sense.

Do we know whether the far low laser goes full screen?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The explanation makes sense.

Do we know whether the far low laser goes full screen?
I've been waiting to catch that, something that goes full screen or 4/5 of a screen away, but I haven't seen a far range low laser yet. Could be that the low level quality vids just haven't done one yet though.

LOW LASER IS CLEARLY WHIFFING BECAUSE GREEN LANTERN IS FLOATING.
At 0:57 you see arial low laser hit GL. There is a bold red impact hitting right at GL's feet as he is hit that looks explosive. The same red impact when it hit Brainiac in the trailer at 0:47. At 1:04 of the gameplay when it whiffs you don't see the same impact effect, you only see a red line of visual effect.