What's new

Darkseid Speculation/Intro/Discord thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how only the low points of Darkseid are being shown lol. Are we really gonna act like Darkseid can't take on the JL and are we gonna act like Darkseid hasn't injured Spectre and could've killed him
Well, he never "injured" Spectre as far as I am aware. He was once able to hurt Hal Jordan Spectre (who was a very weak version of Spectre) with his Omega beams and Spectre in return killed Darkseid but he was restored to life by the Source as an essential component of the multiverse. Darkseid was never able to kill Spectre.
If you want to bring up Darkseid's high showings you should bring up the Great Darkness Saga (which has been stated to be canon), and of course him being able to destroy the multiverse while dying in Final Crisis.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I haven't read up on everything, just things I've heard through looking into history and videos. I thought it was Spectre himself and the only reason he lived was because he was protected by the Source

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
In the context of the DCU as a whole Darkseid isn't top tier, but compared to a lot of these Injustice characters he's way beyond them. Like he fucked up Green Lantern and broke his arm in half a second. Lantern is probably like a mid tier DC character but he's no pushover so to wreck him that easy he has to be strong. It also took the whole Justice League to push him back to Apokolips not even outright beating him(Superman included).

But tbh fucked up evil Superman would dick down the entire Injustice cast.

I haven't read up on everything, just things I've heard through looking into history and videos. I thought it was Spectre himself and the only reason he lived was because he was protected by the Source
It was the Spectre but his host was Hal Jordan at that time, and he was making Spectre weaker than Jim Corrigan. Omega beams didn't erase him from existence because of Specter's own power (which is the power of god if needed, and that sometimes was said to be the same as the Source in DC). But after Spectre killed Darkseid he was indeed resurrected by the Source.

lol Doomsday said : Brahh! In that scan)))
But you know that it is bullshit writing when Omega effect is stated to be able to erase even cosmic beings out of existence but both Doomsday and Superman were able to survive it. That's why to make it all work that had to later retcon all of these instances of Darkseid's jobbery into just being his avatars and not his true power))))
Man, DC has worked hard to make Aquaman cool, they'll probably need to do even more for Darkseid soon)))

Yeah, he wanted that to be the story. Nevermind that it shits on everything that Darkseid's and Omega beams' nature was stated to be by Kirby and other stories prior to Hunter/Pray.
Honestly, I hate the "avatar cop out" just as much as inconsistent writting. But it really was stated in the Final Crisis story after the Hunter/Pray that True Darkseid had been trapped in the Source Wall for thousands years and all of his physical manifestations prior to Final Crisis were just avatars considerably weaker than his true self. His true presence was crumbling space and time continuum.
But hey, writers contradict each other (and sometimes themselves)in favor of their stories, it's comics. Anyone can beat anyone.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Zod looks great alright!

*Darkseid
Hey fine with me. I figured he'd be pretty similar anyways. The way Darkseid is and the way they designed Zod in Inj1 makes perfect sense. Plus I like Darkseid better as a character as well. But like I said I still think he could be a monster up close. He can get in your face and kick some ass

So I was bored and went to the Takeda forum and checked the threads before the game was released Takeda didn't come out as strong as people thought I m getting some shade of that here

Status
Not open for further replies.