What's new

Darkseid Matchup Discussion

yeah nah, theres no reason not to oki blackadam when he's got no wakeups, srry breh.
his wakeup will punish meaty darkseid 50/50s everytime and it will also catch meaty j3 theres def a reason, unless youre talking about a delayed meaty where the ba could hit you while youre delaying enough.

Last edited:
How does Green Arrow lose, exactly? It seems like he has an answer to a lot of what Darkseid does.
ga gets actually rekt imo, we're talking 6.5-3.5 territory. ive never lost to a ga for awhile now, not even a round, i cant imagine it being 5-5. youve gotta use lasers including grounded lasers you cant just wait and try to tele in on him. even if the ga keeps only doing low shots use high grounded lasers it will secure you the ability to jump the shots later without repercussion. basically the entire gameplan is to get the ga to do low shots. if ga wants to anti air you he has to do a high or jump shot which will both get hit by grounded laser as well as ia lasers but not as much. teles are also very succesful against ga cuz he has to not only not be shooting, holding or letting go of an arrow when you tele but he also has to make sure to be careful with his arrow loads. he also almost always has to use an air to air to punish which is difficult if they had been in the process of doing something prior. Its a read game but its a read game highly in your favor prolly the biggest favor of almost all zoning winning MUs of darkseid (besides cyborg). ga will eventually basically have to come to you. once he does he will have to deal with j3, knee, lasers and trait while hes got like one string and a j3. honestly a complete mess for ga idk how other darkseids struggle. just dont be stupid and dont tele everytime you should be good.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
ga gets actually rekt imo, we're talking 6.5-3.5 territory. ive never lost to a ga for awhile now, not even a round, i cant imagine it being 5-5. youve gotta use lasers including grounded lasers you cant just wait and try to tele in on him. even if the ga keeps only doing low shots use high grounded lasers it will secure you the ability to jump the shots later without repercussion. basically the entire gameplan is to get the ga to do low shots. if ga wants to anti air you he has to do a high or jump shot which will both get hit by grounded laser as well as ia lasers but not as much. teles are also very succesful against ga cuz he has to not only not be shooting, holding or letting go of an arrow when you tele but he also has to make sure to be careful with his arrow loads. he also almost always has to use an air to air to punish which is difficult if they had been in the process of doing something prior. Its a read game but its a read game highly in your favor prolly the biggest favor of almost all zoning winning MUs of darkseid (besides cyborg). ga will eventually basically have to come to you. once he does he will have to deal with j3, knee, lasers and trait while hes got like one string and a j3. honestly a complete mess for ga idk how other darkseids struggle. just dont be stupid and dont tele everytime you should be good.
I dont lose to ga s either well i choked against sooneo at nec, but thats cuz i choked a lifelead when i was up. I mean arrows loses the lifelead its def over but he could just be throwing a lot of lows shots out and only tele or xx shot will hit him, and doing a tele is a read anyway because if u try to react he recovers fast enough to check u most of the time, offline tele gimmicks are way easier to stuff. How is it in your favor when ur not hitting him unless he does airshot lol and he wins the trade anyway. I could maybe see 6-4 in darkseids favor but almost 7-3 territory is a meme.

I dont lose to ga s either well i choked against sooneo at nec, but thats cuz i choked a lifelead when i was up. I mean arrows loses the lifelead its def over but he could just be throwing a lot of lows shots out and only tele or xx shot will hit him, and doing a tele is a read anyway because if u try to react he recovers fast enough to check u most of the time, offline tele gimmicks are way easier to stuff. How is it in your favor when ur not hitting him unless he does airshot lol and he wins the trade anyway. I could maybe see 6-4 in darkseids favor but almost 7-3 territory is a meme.
Because he's not hitting you unless he does air shot. Sure he wins the trade damage wise but in the long run he doesn't. It was super risky for him to do that shot and that's one less arrow until he has to load his shot which is full combo punishable. He gets knocked on the ground and you get trait but more than likely he does not get trait load yet and even if he does you can just full combo punish that on his wakeup.

He's asking you guys how to fight the match ups, not what the match up numbers are.
I told him how to tho. Not the other ones because I don't play losing MUs and I don't recommend you play them. I guess I could explain to him the harely mu but that's it

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
his wakeup will punish meaty darkseid 50/50s everytime and it will also catch meaty j3 theres def a reason, unless youre talking about a delayed meaty where the ba could hit you while youre delaying enough.
i'm gonna keep up the oki breh, your either doing it wrong or timing it wrong.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
so some people seem to think that Darkseid loses to robin, i really can't see how that is the case, seems like a 5-5 to me.
As far as I'm aware Robin ignores his wakeups almost entirely with Birdarang oki, his high walk speed means he gets in super quick, air tele means nothing and at certain ranges omega beams are a risk due to DP having such good range and being 8 frames

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
As far as I'm aware Robin ignores his wakeups almost entirely with Birdarang oki, his high walk speed means he gets in super quick, air tele means nothing and at certain ranges omega beams are a risk due to DP having such good range and being 8 frames
yeah but i don't have too much trouble staying away either so long as your not mindlessly shooting lasers.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
yeah but i don't have too much trouble staying away either so long as your not mindlessly shooting lasers.
You also have to keep in mind a lot of Robin players arent really up to snuff as they could be. I think once you get into the range of Robin's larger buttons it's kind of game over. Also him getting free birdarang after every whiffed omega beam is really bad for Darkseid too

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You also have to keep in mind a lot of Robin players arent really up to snuff as they could be. I think once you get into the range of Robin's larger buttons it's kind of game over. Also him getting free birdarang after every whiffed omega beam is really bad for Darkseid too
i mostly only do instant air beams on robin. so he can't really do a birdarang because instant air recovers too fast.

Last edited: