What's new

Darkseid Matchup Discussion

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Only just got around to this, my weekend was kinda busy.

So Flash's running man stance, I found out you sometimes can hit him with Omega Beam while he's in RMS. As far as I can tell, if he's just holding the stance he'll low profile Omega Beams, but the beams will hit him if he's actually running in the stance or doing one of the followups (except the low). It seems like you can still zone him, you just have to predict when he's going to go into stance and try to hit him with the beams as he's running. I also had some success by jumping backwards when I thought Flash would do RMS and pressing a j3 on the way down.
With as negative as laser is I'm always hesitant to try and read his run timing. I worked out you can stuff an early run 2 with j1, so I started whiffing it into the air and then reacting to what he does with it. If he finishes with a run normal you can punish with teleport. If he cancels you have some space again.

I'll have to try more jump back 3, seems like you could confirm into df3 for great damage. Hopefully I'll get another long set with my buddy soon and I'll post my findings.

DTruth

Noob
So how does the Darkseid vs Fate and Darkseid vs Deadshot matchup look like? Is it at least 5-5?

Im not liking those matchup with GL and im looking for options not named Supergirl.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Fate matchup is purely based upon the Fate's patience vs yours. Whoever makes a mistake first tends to just snowball (my personal experience)

also can we fix the issue with character going right through darkseids omega beams? ive literally lost a tourney because of the issue and im missing out on a lot because of it

DTruth

Noob
also can we fix the issue with character going right through darkseids omega beams? ive literally lost a tourney because of the issue and im missing out on a lot because of it
As a former Cheetah player they can only fix that when they fix that beam hitting her when in stance lol.

DTruth

Noob
thats not really how this works ones a glitch another is intended.
I need a tweet or some doc from a NRS developer telling me thats intended. If a stance goes under every other high beam and I can duck the omega beam why would it hit the stance.

Logically makes no sense.

so, whats the best way to play the deadshot mu? can we react to full screen rifle with nj into teleport?
i find trying to trade with his high shot and then punishing his low rifle works pretty well. Idk bout reacting to it tho. It seems you can react to but you cant get a punish if they dont mb. you can setup trait by doing air mb laser and then get mix that way.

E

Eldriken

Any thoughts on the Black Manta MU?

I used to think it was shit because Darkseid seemingly couldn't do anything about MB teleport like other characters can (they can duck it while he cannot). Then I found out during a match that 223 clips his ass straight out of the air. While it's not much, you could always 22~MB b3 cancel it if you've got the meter to use.

I haven't tried seeing if 112 works yet, but if it does, it will at least let you get your trait out safely.

I also felt his teleport made the MU hard because it helps get around our zoning, but with the aforementioned and some conditioning, it really doesn't seem all that bad. If they commit to a read that ends up being the wrong one, they get punished whether they use meter or not.

It feels like a very condition heavy MU because it seems like we want to keep him out of his footsie range (that absolutely destroys ours) and force him to fuck up.

I used to think it was shit because Darkseid seemingly couldn't do anything about MB teleport like other characters can (they can duck it while he cannot). Then I found out during a match that 223 clips his ass straight out of the air. While it's not much, you could always 22~MB b3 cancel it if you've got the meter to use.

I haven't tried seeing if 112 works yet, but if it does, it will at least let you get your trait out safely.

I also felt his teleport made the MU hard because it helps get around our zoning, but with the aforementioned and some conditioning, it really doesn't seem all that bad. If they commit to a read that ends up being the wrong one, they get punished whether they use meter or not.

It feels like a very condition heavy MU because it seems like we want to keep him out of his footsie range (that absolutely destroys ours) and force him to fuck up.
The Mu is no where near as bad as people say this Mu is 5-5. just because black manta can get past his zoning really easily he cant do much either than that.

I personally feel it's 4-6. What makes you say it's 5-5?
even tho he can get in easily he doesnt have a good anti air, doesnt have a good wakeup and he overall can get in easily but is not able to do much real damage when hes in. its more black mantas lackluster toolset and less what he counters

Slavaslave

Professional Casual

Actually you can d2 him into full combo if you get the timing down.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, I've only been playing Darkseid about a month, month and a half. Anyway, I have a list of match ups I'm struggling in.

Now, I don't know if these match ups are actually bad, which is why I'm posting. I figured that you all could tell me how to fight these correctly.

Anyway, the characters are:

The Flash
Green Arrow
Harley Quinn
Hellboy
Black Adam
Supergirl

Think that's about it. There are some matches I just use Batman in, but I'd like to play Darkseid as much as possible.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
hellboy, supergirl and flash are for sure a problem, black adam you can kinda counterzone him while dodging his zoning and make him come to you, bait the fk outta black adam, take your damage and oki the fuck outta him once he's down, especially in the corner.

i don't have enuff arrow experience, anyone know any arrow players i can play against?

So, I've only been playing Darkseid about a month, month and a half. Anyway, I have a list of match ups I'm struggling in.

Now, I don't know if these match ups are actually bad, which is why I'm posting. I figured that you all could tell me how to fight these correctly.

Anyway, the characters are:

The Flash
Green Arrow
Harley Quinn
Hellboy
Black Adam
Supergirl

Think that's about it. There are some matches I just use Batman in, but I'd like to play Darkseid as much as possible.
Ga loses and harely isn't bad but the rest are losing MUs imo. Don't oki ba with mix or jump ins that's a good way to get launched

Rude

Ga loses and harely isn't bad but the rest are losing MUs imo. Don't oki ba with mix or jump ins that's a good way to get launched

How does Green Arrow lose, exactly? It seems like he has an answer to a lot of what Darkseid does.

Rude

Yah ga vs ds is a 5-5 me and luu both thinks so, hellboy is aids,flash and sg is aids, ba is 5-5, harley is probs darkseid favor

Why is GA vs DS 5-5? I'm asking because i'd like to know how it's supposed to be played.