What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Yah you have to be kinda patient for like 10 secs and then its hord, j3 is hard to deal with, shield punishes laser at like half screen, i cant teleport, basically cant jump, etc.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i found an OS to deal with manta, as shitty as that mu is, manta's who like to do f21~float, you should be able to blow it up by pressing back before the 3 in f213 to block the over head, but if u see them rise up just input f3 and since you just pressed back, you'll get your knee which willhit em outta the air. try it and tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
honestly these are the changes i'd want for darkseid, Db1 needs to be safe on block, i have no idea why that move is as negative as it is when all it really is, is a low check during the neutral, you can try to use it as a mix option but again, you don't really get much off of it and i think its fuzzyable off of everything except 1(2).

Make f2 an 8 frame High or a 13 frame Mid, mid would be great but i'd also be alright with a fast high, as you could now land some tighter punishes that werent possible before without the use of bounce canceling (d1~mbb3, 12~mbb3 etc) and would make chasing a backdash or a walk back much easier too. Not to mention, you'll be able to clip people trying to jump at you if they're thinking your gonna go for low laser.

Faster cool down on trait, this would be the most important thing, at least cut the cool down time by a 1/3rd of what it is right now, as it would cut down on those times in matches where your just walking back waiting for trait to recharge,

Last edited:
I think instead of outright cutting down the cooldown on trait, they could at least make his trait function similar to a mix of Leo’s and Batman’s.
He should have 3 sections to his trait like Leo , so he can Summon any of them , and it lasts the same time and has the same cooldown as now but is separate from other 2. So he can Summon another demon right after the other, but not the same one. That way you will have to use all of his demons more not just the green one. And between individual cooldowns he won’t have to jump back like an idiot because one of them will be available for the most time.
Yeah, and Mid F2 is a must)

kcd117

Noob
I think instead of outright cutting down the cooldown on trait, they could at least make his trait function similar to a mix of Leo’s and Batman’s.
He should have 3 sections to his trait like Leo , so he can Summon any of them , and it lasts the same time and has the same cooldown as now but is separate from other 2. So he can Summon another demon right after the other, but not the same one. That way you will have to use all of his demons more not just the green one. And between individual cooldowns he won’t have to jump back like an idiot because one of them will be available for the most time.
Yeah, and Mid F2 is a must)
That is actually the best buff idea I've seen. Make f2 a mid, shave some startup frames on trait and make it a 3 section power and he would have a reliable neutral.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
That is actually the best buff idea I've seen. Make f2 a mid, shave some startup frames on trait and make it a 3 section power and he would have a reliable neutral.
i don't like the trait idea, mostly because the Green demon is really the only one that gets used aside from special situations. i think they should just make his trait cooldown faster overall

i don't like the trait idea, mostly because the Green demon is really the only one that gets used aside from special situations. i think they should just make his trait cooldown faster overall
That is exactly why it is a good idea to make other 2 useful. You will have to become creative and use them to buy time for the green one. Maybe they can reduce scaling on the red one, make the swoop from the blue one a mid and decrease the start up on the fireball that he spits)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
That is exactly why it is a good idea to make other 2 useful. You will have to become creative and use them to buy time for the green one. Maybe they can reduce scaling on the red one, make the swoop from the blue one a mid and decrease the start up on the fireball that he spits)
i just want em to reduce cooldown :/

E

Eldriken

If they reduced the cooldown, people would go nuts. It would allow players to turtle with him more than they do already.

I'd so much rather f2 being made faster or a mid. It's his best best tool for a punish, but can rarely be used reliably.

It would be a good footsie tool as a mid because it's neutral on block. However, it being made a mid would probably come at the cost of being more negative on block.

If it were made faster, it would be better for whiff punishes or reads.

I'd take a reduced cooldown on his trait if that's what we ever ended up getting. But I already play lame af with him and having my trait more often would cause me to play even more lame.

I wouldn't mind being up close more often if I could press something other than d1. =P

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If they reduced the cooldown, people would go nuts. It would allow players to turtle with him more than they do already.

I'd so much rather f2 being made faster or a mid. It's his best best tool for a punish, but can rarely be used reliably.

It would be a good footsie tool as a mid because it's neutral on block. However, it being made a mid would probably come at the cost of being more negative on block.

If it were made faster, it would be better for whiff punishes or reads.

I'd take a reduced cooldown on his trait if that's what we ever ended up getting. But I already play lame af with him and having my trait more often would cause me to play even more lame.

I wouldn't mind being up close more often if I could press something other than d1. =P
so? Make his strong point more consistant, thats the idea, and then the f2 change so that he has something to check your opponent with, wheather its faster or turned into a mid, i'd be more for faster since people really love to jump at darkseid and u could get tighter punishes for more damage and less bar. But being a mid definitly has its merits.