What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I´m new in the Darkseid world... could someone tell me the diffrence/setup/options of the 3 versions of his trait?

Nobody really knows all the set ups, how to take advantage of them, and how they complement each other. At this point in the game, everyone knows he has access to very good zoning and anti-zoning, great damage output, and unsafe yet rewarding mix ups. On the other hand, he has some of the worst normal attacks in the game. Sonic Fox has apparently been practicing with Darkseid after Combo Breaker. The following videos were posted on his Twitter account earlier today.

Block strings and mix up with trait (option 1)

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/869426129848979456

Block strings and mix up with trait
(option 2)

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/869427068777496576

Combo using the flying parademon

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/869342254338650113

Corner combo and set up

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/869431008944422912

f+2,3 combo

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/869340128560517126

Set ups from the god. Have anyone link to yesterdays stream from Scar channel? He fight Sonicfox and use mostly darkside!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Hope it´s already known, but the up omegabeam is slower, and if you MB it you can combo with the regular one, like this:
(full screen) DB2MB-DF1 for 188 dmg
P.D: Also you can teleport to combo¡¡ I´ve check that you can do a D1(6f) or a s1 (7f) but I can´t the s2 (9f)

Again,sorry if it´s known

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I take it df2 can't be MB on block despite the game saying you can and that it's +10?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Dumb af, man. Then again, why does it even matter? If we're gonna go for plus frames via meter, might as well use bf3 since it's a mid instead of a high.
DF2 is such a weird special. It's a high and it doesn't come out on block and the MB is useless...why the hell is it a high? I don't get it

DF2 is such a weird special. It's a high and it doesn't come out on block and the MB is useless...why the hell is it a high? I don't get it

This is my biggest gripe with him that lacking MID really makes punishing a chore. I'm not asking for a major low combo starter or anything special of it his mid. I just want the opponent to get off me when they make a mistake.

EDIT: I'm not asking for any changes to him at the moment since the game is still young, just voicing my opinion on him relative to my skillset and knowledge of the character.

E

Eldriken

Darkseid NEEDS something to punish you with up close. His up close game is balls without his trait present to cause hesitation in your opponent. So when you finally do get the opportunity to punish them, you can't because it's either too slow (b1) or f2 whiffs or gets beat out due to being 13 frames.

P3irce

Noob
Anyone know if there's a darkseid discord been checking this char out hes similar to braniac but much better lol

Parasurama

Dragon
Darkseid NEEDS something to punish you with up close. His up close game is balls without his trait present to cause hesitation in your opponent. So when you finally do get the opportunity to punish them, you can't because it's either too slow (b1) or f2 whiffs or gets beat out due to being 13 frames.
I could live with f2 being mid.

ApplePonyEater

Triumph of science or crime against nature?
Is there a way to safely advance forward with Darkseid when your opponent is able to read your teleports, or when you otherwise can't or don't want to teleport? Does he have safe normals or even strings that he can close ground with?

E

Eldriken

Is there a way to safely advance forward with Darkseid when your opponent is able to read your teleports, or when you otherwise can't or don't want to teleport? Does he have safe normals or even strings that he can close ground with?
Walk. That's about your only option for an approach if you're not wanting to use your teleport.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
New as well but I'm working on him. So like, is his d1 pointless? Nothing to confirm into and nothing to do after even if you hit them?

CrazyFingers

New as well but I'm working on him. So like, is his d1 pointless? Nothing to confirm into and nothing to do after even if you hit them?
D1 on hit you can check with throw, S2 or super crisp instant air stomps. other than that it's pretty RIP.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
D1 on block into knee is a good check and u can make it plus. But it only leads into another d1 unfortunately. But after some conditioning u can get throws and even b1 or IA stomps out. Also s2 is a 9f mid w abysmal range but in the corner u can consistently check w that. Again it doesn't lead to much and the 223 string has massive gaps along w 21. So u can check w 2xxknee but again, not great options off his unclose game.

It is a 6 framer tho so at least he messes up super girl

CrazyFingers

Character is garbage. How do you even open people up with him? His zoning is non existent too. Not to mention his mobility is ass. Good thing his buttons are solid so he can press em all day while he cries.