What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Can we talk about how his d3 is better than all of his other laser attacks, including his low-laser special?

I love it.

99% of the time it gets me that first hit too, pretty funny. People usually try to tag me with a fast advancing high or mid and they just eat d3 and I immediately start my shenanigans.

Does feel like its better at checking people than low laser, maybe because it ducks shit.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I love it.

99% of the time it gets me that first hit too, pretty funny. People usually try to tag me with a fast advancing high or mid and they just eat d3 and I immediately start my shenanigans.

Does feel like its better at checking people than low laser, maybe because it ducks shit.
My only issue with it is that the recovery on it is ass. Makes throwing it out riskier.

Noob question but I can't get his low or high omega beam to come out. I don't have a problem with any other characters just him. It's just DF 1 then D right?

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
These 4 bar combos for over 50% of their life are awesome, but I feel they are unrealistic because he will more often than not be spending his meter on his eye beams. I've also noticed that darkseid can get zoned out himself by characters like deadshot and firestorm. They just recover too quick for his teleport to matter in the matchup that much. Also his s2 is a 9f mid just has poor range and he has gaps in that string after s2. I also feel that none of the s2 follow ups coming out on whiff is an issue, as I can see whiff punishing w 22 or 21 being pretty good. Also 21 will whiff at the max range of the 2 which is just annoying. Another issue is that on floating characters his db1 is strangely unreliable. Ik I'm kinda rambling but this character is really cool I just wish f2 was a mid.

Anyway Darkseid is a badass and currently has a planet in the multiverse that nets you some sweet looking gear :)

I feel the same way. I feel like if 22 and 21 came out on whiff and f2 was a mid he would be a much stronger character.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Honestly I just want a better walk back speed and F2 to be a mid. Also If I'm not gonna be able to punish anyone for a full combo can I at least send them full screen when I do hit them lol. Very little repercussions for doing something negative on Darkseid.

I did a combo video for him but I dont know how much I like him. His lack of a mid is really tough at times. Figured I would share the video though. Inputs are in the video

And yes I know the image is spelled wrong in the intro lol.

How do I get 12 into MB B3? I've done it once by accident but cannot replicate it. I continuously get 123.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
His corner mixup game is totally bonkers.

F4 allows for massively + 50/50's that can jail into another 50/50 if they guess right the first time. It allows him to meterlessly combo from low, oh, or throw and you can end every combo into 3~palm strike to get massive knockdown advantage to set it up.

Then he has wake up reversals off that setup into more 50/50's.

E

Eldriken

I've found that I prefer ending combos with Palm Strike instead of Doom Stomp. It seems to land far more consistently as well. I tend to whiff the Doom Stomp ender. I dunno if it's my timing, spacing, etc. But I'll take the advantage from Palm Strike anyway, unless Doom Stomp would end the round/match.

I like to do b1u3 (MB) > b3 > j3 > 2~df2 or f23 > nj3~MB Doom Stomp > b3 > j3 > 2~df2.

You sometimes have to walk slightly forward for the 2 to land because of its pathetic range, but it's the only normal/string I've found that allows Palm Strike to fully land mid screen. I would likely replace the 2 with 3 for more damage if I'm in the corner.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I just picked this guy up and have some of the basics down but I'm having trouble with a few things. Are there any decent punish strings that can convert to combos outside of F23 and B1U3?

E

Eldriken

My initial impressions have been added to the first post.
I must say that I agree with everything you listed.

He is fucking SLOW. It's awful. His only mid leads to nothing as far as hit confirms go. You can only combo off of f23 and b1u3, which one is a high and the other is a slow overhead.

I love this character, but 16 Bit oversold this dude on stream making it seem like he had every tool in the book.

I still don't understand why he was hyping the recovery on Omega Beams; it's abysmal.

This isn't a bad character, but he would likely benefit from a few alterations.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I must say that I agree with everything you listed.

He is fucking SLOW. It's awful. His only mid leads to nothing as far as hit confirms go. You can only combo off of f23 and b1u3, which one is a high and the other is a slow overhead.

I love this character, but 16 Bit oversold this dude on stream making it seem like he had every tool in the book.

I still don't understand why he was hyping the recovery on Omega Beams; it's abysmal.

This isn't a bad character, but he would likely benefit from a few alterations.
F2 becoming a mid is really all i want.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
(Copy Pasta'd from the combo thread)

Hey guys, here are Darkseid punishes I have compiled into a video with onscreen notations.

The last combo features a D1 six frame punish in the corner for one bar and trait that does 646 damage lol.

Skimming the forums I see some of this stuff is known already, but check it out.

Man, the lacking mid is really is hurtful versus Kryptonians. How do you guys go about punishing their float cross-up attempt? Do we have any options or are we supposed to hold that and push-block/palm strike to keep them away? Furthermore, Supes f23, do you guys consider d1 after the string and following it up with b1u3 a good option?

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Man, the lacking mid is really is hurtful versus Kryptonians. How do you guys go about punishing their float cross-up attempt? Do we have any options or are we supposed to hold that and push-block/palm strike to keep them away? Furthermore, Supes f23, do you guys consider d1 after the string and following it up with b1u3 a good option?
No. Literally no one respects d1 on hit... Because they don't have to. D1s don't jail in his game... Or at least with many characters. D1 into b1 will get stuffed by any number of things.

Last edited: