What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

TI've also noticed that darkseid can get zoned out himself by characters like deadshot and firestorm. They just recover too quick for his teleport to matter in the matchup that much.
it gets better when you start utilizing tk lazers , air MB lazer and trait . REO was showing how to use those tools to get around deadshot efficiently earlier today on his stream.

As mentioned above, lack of a solid mid normal attack and a solid special launcher move seem to be his biggest problems. Imo, his low omega beams should have a mb version which launches and f2 should either be a 13f mid, or leave it high and make it faster.

He seems fun to play with though.
I think the reasoning behind making f2 a high and kinda slow is because it leads to a meterless launcher thats safe on block and can be canceled. If it was a mid it would be hella strong. So i get it w/e. He has alot of mobility with teleport and gets a 50/50 out of it in the air. (It's going to be annoying to block his ass after a jump teleport cuz ground stomp is a thing and it launches and is a low) and bf3 is an advancing mid and is plus on block for a bar. Hes got alot of good things to make up for the lack of options you listed point being.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
got all of 20 mins in with him this morning before work but so far I think he has potential .

you can tk his lasers pretty easily if you start with up back , covers the skies and most chars standing. his b12 is + on block iirc . tk stomp is unsafe but hard to see. f23 is only -5 on block so its safe against most of the cast and leads to at the very least b1u3mb b3 j2 2xdf2 for 320 for one bar .

got 0% practice with his trait , but first thing I want to try in the lab when I get off work is combo into b3 then trait and see if I can land a f23 or something like Robin can to get his trait out safely.
I'm pretty sure you can't tiger knee instant air teleport or beams can you? I could be wrong, but from my testing I think you need to jump and then do the motion afterward.

I'm pretty sure you can't tiger knee instant air teleport or beams can you? I could be wrong, but from my testing I think you need to jump and then do the motion afterward.
TK not as in the motion(df~uf), but as it instant off the ground, in this game I find doing ub~df1 quickly to be the best way to get a TK lazer

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
TK not as in the motion(df~uf), but as it instant off the ground, in this game I find doing ub~df1 quickly to be the best way to get a TK lazer
Ah - not a big deal, but I wouldn't call it a "TK" then, as that's used to refer to inputs which involve putting the command first and then jumping. E.g., Tiger knee-ing Cammy's air canon strike.

Unless your using TK to mean something else I'm not familiar with.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I feel his zoning is going to be fine but not great, opponents can easily get in with a little patience imo.

He seems to get good damage if he touches you but he's very limited on the strings he can combo into.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Been working on some teleport shenanigans with him. Right now the coolest and most practical one is:

j2~db3-j3(from leaving portal)~df3. It's a crossup than then has to be blocked overhead-to-low almost immediately. 268 damage against Black Adam. I'm sure you could get some great damage by meter-burning the df3

If you anti-air with 22, you recover like immediately and get a full-combo punish; the laser will track them regardless of their height or hitbox.

1-bar midscreen combo: do anything into his meter-burned b1u3 string. This allows for a followup f3-11~knee combo. My favorite starter is f23, which can combo into mb.b1u3 anywhere on the stage.

From full-screen, you can combo off of meter-burned up-laser by doing an instant teleport into 11~combo.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I think the reasoning behind making f2 a high and kinda slow is because it leads to a meterless launcher thats safe on block and can be canceled. If it was a mid it would be hella strong. So i get it w/e. He has alot of mobility with teleport and gets a 50/50 out of it in the air. (It's going to be annoying to block his ass after a jump teleport cuz ground stomp is a thing and it launches and is a low) and bf3 is an advancing mid and is plus on block for a bar. Hes got alot of good things to make up for the lack of options you listed point being.
Point taken, although i believe it should have been faster than 13f simply because it is a high.

See BA. Same move (f2) but its 9f(?) AND it leads to a shitload of dmg and its safe.

Also from what i ve labbed, he does not have many ways to open up his opponent and his zoning is average at best, unless you can insta air OB.

Now, dont get me wrong he is extremely fun to play and i ll main him for sure, just pointing out his (probably) weak points from my first impressions.

Point taken, although i believe it should have been faster than 13f simply because it is a high.

See BA. Same move (f2) but its 9f(?) AND it leads to a shitload of dmg and its safe.

Also from what i ve labbed, he does not have many ways to open up his opponent and his zoning is average at best, unless you can insta air OB.

Now, dont get me wrong he is extremely fun to play and i ll main him for sure, just pointing out his (probably) weak points from my first impressions.
Yea i see your point you could say the same about supes i suppose too with his f2. I withdrawl my previois statement then lol

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I feel his zoning is going to be fine but not great, opponents can easily get in with a little patience imo.

He seems to get good damage if he touches you but he's very limited on the strings he can combo into.
his zoning is better than you'd think because of the demons. specifically overhead demon. They are not blocking MB Low Omega Beam + Overhead Demon lol. Plus if they're inching their way in little by little, neutral ducking the whole way. You hit em up with your overhead and bop em. More than just the projectiles here. He also has F2 which is a decent compliment to his space control. Tho i wish it was a mid lol.

Been working on some teleport shenanigans with him. Right now the coolest and most practical one is:

j2~db3-j3(from leaving portal)~df3. It's a crossup than then has to be blocked overhead-to-low almost immediately. 268 damage against Black Adam. I'm sure you could get some great damage by meter-burning the df3

If you anti-air with 22, you recover like immediately and get a full-combo punish; the laser will track them regardless of their height or hitbox.

1-bar midscreen combo: do anything into his meter-burned b1u3 string. This allows for a followup f3-11~knee combo. My favorite starter is f23, which can combo into mb.b1u3 anywhere on the stage.

From full-screen, you can combo off of meter-burned up-laser by doing an instant teleport into 11~combo.
Thanks for the tech, do you think you can upload a clip of the full screen MB Up laser?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ending with Ji3 xx Stomp midscreen is pretty much too good to pass up. You lose some hit advantage but the damage is absurd.
Dude, you're not kidding, holy shit! Have you done a MB stomp into another stomp ender? I just did j3~mb.stomp-b3-j3~stomp; crazy easy and took away 497 of Black Adam's 960 health, making it a roughly 50% 1-bar combo.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Dude, you're not kidding, holy shit! Have you done a MB stomp into another stomp ender? I just did j3~mb.stomp-b3-j3~stomp; crazy easy and took away 497 of Black Adam's 960 health, making it a roughly 50% 1-bar combo.
Ji3 xx Stomp MB, B3, Ji2, Ji3 xx Stomp is like, a metric ass ton of damage off of his jump in and is a bit tricky to block since it's overhead low. in fairly quick succession.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ji3 xx Stomp MB, B3, Ji2, Ji3 xx Stomp is like, a metric ass ton of damage off of his jump in and is a bit tricky to block since it's overhead low. in fairly quick succession.
It gets even trickier when you start figuring in teleports.

So I have been looking for hard to block setups and I think I found a decent one midscreen posting a video so you can see a concept of it. This is just the starting idea , going to expand further with more lab time and hopefully set up a compendium of tricky nonsense.

Thank you, my goodness was that crispy!