What's new

Dark Rob, Tim Static, and 9.95 do a Mortal Kombat episode on Podsumaki

Noob
On Monday, July 19th, Myself, Dark Rob, and Tim Static were privileged enough to be asked to do an episode of the Podcast, Podsumaki, representing 2D MK players and the MK Community. Shock was supposed to be on, but unfortunately, could not make it. Next time though!

The episode is very long... almost 2.5 hours long. It's worth a listen as the podcast is funny, and very informative.

Taken from:

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Podsumaki/podsumaki-episode-09-mortal-kombat-special-179896.phtml

Today is a very special episode with some very special guests. We've got three moderators and tournament players from three Mortal Kombat websites. They came on to discuss the classic games, the potential behind the Mortal Kombat reboot, and the recently growing Mortal Kombat tournament scene.

Your friendly neighborhood Wry Guy is running short on time, so you won't be getting any extensive notes. Be warned though. This episode is very, very long and is largely controlled by our guests. Don't worry, we're still there to talk bullshit. Unfortunately we were TOO WEAK against the incredible knowledge these guys throw at us.

Guest Hosts for this week: 9.95, Tim Static, Dark Rob
Guesting From: UltimateMK.com, ClassicMK.com, MortalKombatEmpires.com

Download Podsumaki Episode 09

Episode Highlights
- Bulkmailer and Char Aznable get their listener questions answered by the MK pros
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, the tournament worthy Mortal Kombat we never knew about
- The growing Mortal Kombat tournament scene
- Analysis and fears of why the Mortal Kombat reboot may not be good

I hope everyone enjoys it, and a very special thanks to KD Alpha, Wry Guy, de BLOO, and RAB for having us on. -Phil

Tim Static

Adminerator
ScheissNussen said:
I really think 2D MK players are misunderstood by being lumped together with Fanboys by the rest of the fighting game community
VERY well put!

and thank you sir!

The recent stuff on the UMK3 thread with the video making stuff and also the some with the recent streams got me thinking. Have any of you seen the "mortal kombat 101" stuff thats on youtube? Its done by some dude called Vonrojas.

My thoughts are perhaps we get togethor and do a refined version of this. The history/story of characters video with someone actually explaining the background.
It would kind of cover the both bases then of the gameplay aspect of characters (which is already being created by dreamcatcher i think) and the background story.

Just a thought.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
That guy falls into the fanboy aspect of Mortal Kombat. I honestly dont think we need to do that. Since there already is 424235523 other sites dedicated to it. Focusing on gameplay is what is important.

icestad said:
That guy falls into the fanboy aspect of Mortal Kombat. I honestly dont think we need to do that. Since there already is 424235523 other sites dedicated to it. Focusing on gameplay is what is important.
Well it mainly depends on if you see this forum as just a forum or as a resource to be used by the community. I'm not talking about shying away from gameplay vids but development to the site attracting maybe more casual players.

Noob
Ninja, it's great that you picked up the TMNT reference... It's a YEARS old name I've used (on Xband and forums) after hearing the song in the movie and on the movie soundtrack...I actually have the mp3 of the song..LOL. The message of the song, however, is what I use the name for(nobody's perfect...down here on earth, but we can rock this world, for all we're worth!... I can't believe I remembered that... and I'm a bit ashamed of myself now, LOL)

I love talking MK. There is so much to talk about as well... not to mention about fighting games in general. I would certainly love to do another podcast with the guys from Podsumaki, LOL

Tim Static

Adminerator