What's new

Breakthrough - Hat Trick [Damage Uptade] Optimal damage off everything, Midscreen, corner & AA spin feat Youph & Roko Combos

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Damage isn't really an issue anymore, neutral and pressure is, These combos will get you 30% meterless consistently on any situation, or above if you're willing to push your execution.

Shootouts to Youph and Roko for those corner combos
Piece of advice:
Learn the s4 hat trap combos to get 30% meterless midscreen on any combo even when you use spin as AA, save your meter for breakers and hatarang.
learn Roko combos in the corner, do more damage than any previous bnb
21 is for HKD, 112124~spin is the max damage on corner, make sure to use it most of the time.
Youph's corner will net 42% meterless, with 112124~spin will net 44% meterless, you can either do the same way he does, or do s4 spin to lessen the juggle strict timing.
Low trap mixups now get to 40% meterless when they block low and get hit by the overhead.
Foxy d1~s4 combo is pretty dificult to get, but its possible to be consistent with it, it just takes some good hours in the lab.
Spin AA has its ranges, from distance you need to adjust by walking in before doing.

@ROG Moonspell
@ETC Mcfly
@Youphemism
@Roko1985
@myri
@Dankster Morgan
@The_Tile
@MK Led
@Carl
@MK_Al
@False God Confirmed

Xzyj

Noob
funny thing i got addicted to hat trick just a couple of days ago and went there with a question for optimal combos and wanted to talk to you Eddy about some specific knowledge that isn't out there and this thread appeared lol. Btw can i contact you somehow to ask some questions about hat-trick? skype/steam/psn?

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
funny thing i got addicted to hat trick just a couple of days ago and went there with a question for optimal combos and wanted to talk to you Eddy about some specific knowledge that isn't out there and this thread appeared lol. Btw can i contact you somehow to ask some questions about hat-trick? skype/steam/psn?
Anything you need to know about hat trick is here on this forum, i don't like to keep things for myself, but you can contact me here on TYM if you have any question.

Just be warned that applying pressure with this character is all about outplaying, he doesn't has good options to press people out, if that ain't working you will have to channel you inner f0xy grampa.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@Eddy Wang

Good video as always. Personally I will press on the midscreen meterless 30% but other then that I like to mix my bnbs in the corner. I get the damage or close. Its travels between 2%-3% back and forth. Important bnb that is brings magnificent merless damage improvement is the one with b321 starter into spin, I dont know if I mentioned it before or not. Do you know what Am I talkin about ? You can get 37%.

Xzyj

Noob
The question i was wondering about is this:
Is there any string or normal you can cancel into hat trap or call back (without hitting them) and continue your combo with b12? It seems like 11212 for example has enough hit+cancel advantage to allow that but combo does not continue, and since that's the case does it at least grant you free pressure afterwards without them allowed to do anything besides block ?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The question i was wondering about is this:
Is there any string or normal you can cancel into hat trap or call back (without hitting them) and continue your combo with b12? It seems like 11212 for example has enough hit+cancel advantage to allow that but combo does not continue, and since that's the case does it at least grant you free pressure afterwards without them allowed to do anything besides block ?
HT doesn't have Hat call links or hat trap links, at best he is at +7 of 11212~call back 1 frame less and maybe he would be able to link B12 spin, but no, he doesn't have those.

D4~hat trap is +7 on hit and grants a free 112124 in the corner, but they can still mash D1 to poke out, but this option loses to F2 anything else that is not 6f or 7 will lose to 11212.
112124~hat trap is also+7 on hit same concept.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

Good video as always. Personally I will press on the midscreen meterless 30% but other then that I like to mix my bnbs in the corner. I get the damage or close. Its travels between 2%-3% back and forth. Important bnb that is brings magnificent merless damage improvement is the one with b321 starter into spin, I dont know if I mentioned it before or not. Do you know what Am I talkin about ? You can get 37%.
B321 is a good string to do pretty good damage in the corner, but its slow, and you will hardly catch anyone with that, knowing the ins and outs of your characters is a way to expand your horizon.
31% or 30% everytime in the corner without hat setups is pretty good, lets also not forget that call back is punishable on block against some characters.

Saltea Moonspell

Agreed. But keep in mind that while mixing it with b32 hat out is a good mixup cause of the negative 5 frames. I also do I like to go for 2x b3. To which starter you refer when you talk about the 31/30% ?
About the call back punishers, fortunately, there arent many of them out there.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Agreed. But keep in mind that while mixing it with b32 hat out is a good mixup cause of the negative 5 frames. I also do I like to go for 2x b3. To which starter you refer when you talk about the 31/30% ?
About the call back punishers, fortunately, there arent many of them out there.
Any string that launches with spin on the ground that is no b321 this is your optimal bnb.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
About the anti-air spin i don't go for your combo because it is a chance of droping it. The timing of the 4 DF2 is tricky because of the high. I do AA spin, Deep NJP, DF2, 4 DD2, JK DK then ender! You will never drop it. I think it does the same damage. Mid screen B321 combo i do B321 Ex Spin, DF2, 1 DD2 (only 1 because it pops them higher so you can easy JK DK) JK DK then ender. even 1,1 DD2 is fairly easy to pop them high enough for JK.

Saltea Moonspell

About the anti-air spin i don't go for your combo because it is a chance of droping it. The timing of the 4 DF2 is tricky because of the high. I do AA spin, Deep NJP, DF2, 4 DD2, JK DK then ender! You will never drop it. I think it does the same damage. Mid screen B321 combo i do B321 Ex Spin, DF2, 1 DD2 (only 1 because it pops them higher so you can easy JK DK) JK DK then ender. even 1,1 DD2 is fairly easy to pop them high enough for JK.
Practical, that's certin. Dropps depend on your execution and reaction level.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its done from a deep NJP after a spin, you just need to check the range while doing it, but this alt is pretty good also, and there is some good variants but to push damage to 30% that's the combo.

I know you guys regulate your consistency as much as you can, but honestly this KL has damage increase, of course it comes with execution barrier, but if you're not doing it, you aren't tapping into its potential tho.

Roko1985

Its done from a deep NJP after a spin, you just need to check the range while doing it, but this alt is pretty good also, and there is some good variants but to push damage to 30% that's the combo.

I know you guys regulate your consistency as much as you can, but honestly this KL has damage increase, of course it comes with execution barrier, but if you're not doing it, you aren't tapping into its potential tho.
I tryed your AA combo for 15 min. and i am landing it 50% of the time. It is just not as consistent as i want it to be for me. I have ok execution, but with online lag, it is no go for me. My combo does 29 or 30% and i never drop it. If i played mostly offline, then YES i will surely practice that. By the way i found interesting unblockable MB interactable after ending combos with HK.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I tryed your AA combo for 15 min. and i am landing it 50% of the time. It is just not as consistent as i want it to be for me. I have ok execution, but with online lag, it is no go for me. My combo does 29 or 30% and i never drop it. If i played mostly offline, then YES i will surely practice that. By the way i found interesting unblockable MB interactable after ending combos with HK.
cool, if u're willing to share?

Saltea Moonspell

Ending combos with F14 near grab interactable. Then if they wake up you have option like D4 MB Interactable or another button into MB Interactable.
Actually that is nothing new. This was presented by McFly sometime ago. It is the only link that is left out from the interact links.

The poke into MB interact is unbockable from the day the intractable advantage on block was taken away.

Saltea Moonspell

Hey,

Since Eddy seems to be away I decided to share some new stuff as I Am still enslaved to this moron.
I've made some discovery and made a small change to his advanced meterless combo that recently Eddy posted. As we all know this combo is kind of tight to maintain consistency so without further due lets cut to the chase. I Am not doing videos because I Am to lazy and I have better things to do.

Advanced meterless combo:
1121,spin,4,HO, b12HCB,JK,Dive kick, JK, Dive kick/b12+24 =32%

Now if you replace the standing 4 with [2] you get 29% and the execution level drops a fucken lot!

Now the Discovery that I came across is rather something simple but it dose changes a lot.
Now as I mentioned and we all know the consistency is low. The only hint we had was the standing 4 hight....
There is another factor that plays a big role in this particular combo - the b12 input. What you have to do, is simply buffor the b12 before the entire animation ends. Once I figured that out and was able to memorize it within my muscle memory the consistency increased drastically. I know it sounds obvious but beside the standing 4 hight this is I believe the most important factor that plays here.

Lets move on, I happen to very often check my opponent with my best forward advancing normal and quite often I hit twice and ......nothing. So i came up with meterless combo. Now, check this out: f2, spin, 4,HO,b12,JK,Dive Kick = 32% !!! You can go with soft version and replace the standing 4 with 2 or even standing 1. We are still getting either 28-29%.

Now, for the final part: b3 starter fallowed with the original advanced bnb gives 11 Hits for 34% meterless.

@Youphemism
@The PantyChrist
@just_2swift
@ETC Mcfly
@Roko1985
@Eddy Wang

I would like to hear what are your thoughts about this ? To me that changes quite a bit in terms offense. This might be a game changer.

Last edited:

Roko1985

I have been using the 2 HO after 11212 long before Eddy posted the standing 4 version. Standing 2 has so many active frames! I use standing 4 and 3 only in the corner so I can be consistent. I am just to lazy to post stuff. About the F2 and B3 spin combos ,do you mean as a punish or a hitconfirm? Because I am not sure you can hitconfirm that if not from a Jump in. It is nice that you share your findings. I don't know about you guys but I am a having a huge success with the grounded standing 4 Ex tele reset. I wonder if it works fine for you too?

Saltea Moonspell

About the F2 and B3 spin combos ,do you mean as a punish or a hitconfirm? Because I am not sure you can hitconfirm that if not from a Jump in. It is nice that you share your findings. I don't know about you guys but I am a having a huge success with the grounded standing 4 Ex tele reset. I wonder if it works fine for you too?
Regarding the F2/B3

The concept is to use F2 spin as whiff punisher.
B3 starter is when you stagger with B3 and when there is hard reed.

None of those can be hit confirmable. After few days of testing I gave up on B3. F2 dose come in handy.

The standing 2 is still easier then standing 4.

What is the standing 4 Ex tele reset you speak of ?

Roko1985

Regarding the F2/B3

The concept is to use F2 spin as whiff punisher.
B3 starter is when you stagger with B3 and when there is hard reed.

None of those can be hit confirmable. After few days of testing I gave up on B3. F2 dose come in handy.

The standing 2 is still easier then standing 4.

What is the standing 4 Ex tele reset you speak of ?
I don't use much meter so I find my self very often with 3 bars and I use all 3 on this: 112124 Ex Straight Hat, s4 Ex Teleport 1 MB (the grab doesn't combo so it will reset). It is a tick throw. Most people wait for the 4,4 string and they don't backdash or jump out , so you get like 64% for 3 bars. I use it only if it is gonna kill and they are out of meter for braker.

Damage isn't really an issue anymore, neutral and pressure is, These combos will get you 30% meterless consistently on any situation, or above if you're willing to push your execution.

Shootouts to Youph and Roko for those corner combos
Piece of advice:
Learn the s4 hat trap combos to get 30% meterless midscreen on any combo even when you use spin as AA, save your meter for breakers and hatarang.
learn Roko combos in the corner, do more damage than any previous bnb
21 is for HKD, 112124~spin is the max damage on corner, make sure to use it most of the time.
Youph's corner will net 42% meterless, with 112124~spin will net 44% meterless, you can either do the same way he does, or do s4 spin to lessen the juggle strict timing.
Low trap mixups now get to 40% meterless when they block low and get hit by the overhead.
Foxy d1~s4 combo is pretty dificult to get, but its possible to be consistent with it, it just takes some good hours in the lab.
Spin AA has its ranges, from distance you need to adjust by walking in before doing.

@ROG Moonspell
@ETC Mcfly
@Youphemism
@Roko1985
@myri
@Dankster Morgan
@The_Tile
@MK Led
@Carl
@MK_Al
@False God Confirmed
Hopefully better #MKXL this present at #evo2017 :(