What's new

Damage & Health Differences

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The video will talk about and show the differences and how it applies. Overall, it's talking about how anyone sharing the same HP receive the same damage, and just because something does 600 damage, it doesn't necessarily means its a lot, nor does it do that much on every character. And in general, 600 doesn't equal 60% and the video goes into detail on how to find out actual percentage and how to test it in game to check for yourself

The order, by HP, of who receives the LEAST damage to who receives the MOST damage:

1250 HP
1150 HP
1200 HP
1400 HP
1100 HP
1050 HP

For whatever reason, NRS thinks this way of ordering HP damage intake and reading dumb asf numbers is good for the competitive scene.

@colt @STORMS @REO @Pig Of The Hut

Beirut

Goro main
Character stats are the reason we have flat numbers, otherwise the game would have to calculate the damage every single time and that would just be a weste of resources. I am not arguing if it's bad or not, but I really don't think it will change. On the other hand you didn't take defense stat for consideration, it is now the same for characters with the same hp, but changing those values is easy and could be an oportunity for improving balance, which in my opinion is the real issue of this game. As for the difference in damage - it is always <2%, hardly game changing. 1250 -14 chars, 1050 - 7 and those that you mention that are a bit off are 1200 - 2 cheetah and canary, 1100- supergirl, cyborg and ofc Darkside - which I bet was make like that just for those combo videos :D. I was a bit concerned at first, but for me it's not noticable and you got things like hidden damage in supers. The biggest flaw I found is Aquaman...

And replication of items but that's complitely different story.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Character stats are the reason we have flat numbers, otherwise the game would have to calculate the damage every single time and that would just be a weste of resources. I am not arguing if it's bad or not, but I really don't think it will change. On the other hand you didn't take defense stat for consideration, it is now the same for characters with the same hp, but changing those values is easy and could be an oportunity for improving balance, which in my opinion is the real issue of this game. As for the difference in damage - it is always <2%, hardly game changing. 1250 -14 chars, 1050 - 7 and those that you mention that are a bit off are 1200 - 2 cheetah and canary, 1100- supergirl, cyborg and ofc Darkside - which I bet was make like that just for those combo videos :D. I was a bit concerned at first, but for me it's not noticable and you got things like hidden damage in supers. The biggest flaw I found is Aquaman...

Defense has nothing to do with anything and all it would do it throw about more confusion. It doesn't correlate anything nor does it match damage taken. Cyborg has like 200 more defense than Darkseid but 300 less health so you'd think he would take more damage, but Cyborg takes less damage than Darkseid. Defense correlates to nothing in comp mode and it doesn't even present itself as visible anywhere.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

Also, there are no flat numbers.....that was the point of the video. There are no flat numbers or constant numbers, it changes every single time for doing the same thing and even if the values wind up the same in some cases, if the HP doesn't match, the percentage is different too.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Good video, Akro.

Also, another thing to note is that some characters actually do more or less damage thanks to their attack and ability values. b3/f3 into b3/f3 won't do the same damage with every character. And some projectiles do more or less damage simply because of that value. It's actually pretty interesting IMO, but definitely complicates damage calcs. It'll take a lot of research to figure out things.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Good video, Akro.

Also, another thing to note is that some characters actually do more or less damage thanks to their attack and ability values. b3/f3 into b3/f3 won't do the same damage with every character. And some projectiles do more or less damage simply because of that value. It's actually pretty interesting IMO, but definitely complicates damage calcs. It'll take a lot of research to figure out things.
That's what I was showing in the video lol...it most likely is roughly the same, between a 1-3% differences in reality, but the game displays numbers changing by hundred values. The other stats mean nothing in competitive mode

Beirut

Goro main
Also, there are no flat numbers.....that was the point of the video. There are no flat numbers or constant numbers, it changes every single time for doing the same thing and even if the values wind up the same in some cases, if the HP doesn't match, the percentage is different too.
Code wise everything is based on constatns and variables. I was simply refering to your request to "patch it" and stats in comp mode are probably there just constant. I am not saying is it good or bad, just that it is something that the game is build upon wheter you like it or not and in my opinion can be used to balance out the game and in my eyes the balance now is poor. Just sharing my point of view as I also did the same research a while back.