What's new

Daily Reminder that MB swoop and swoop in general is a bill

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
can someone show me how to deal with robins swoop shenanigans pls? :(
There are no shenanigans, just inconsistencies. It's fairly reactable, and if you can't, just block high for the kick, then low for the birdarang(mb) since it hits mid. Afaik, 212 is the only string that jails into swoop and anything else can be punished for free by the entire cast if they're looking for it.

But you'll need to be more specific; what exactly do you need help with.

Also there's ways to make it cross up midscreen which is really good regardless of it being punishable or not.
Raw off a hard knockdown, or off a string? Regardless, what does landing a midscreen swoop guarantee?

can someone show me how to deal with robins swoop shenanigans pls? :(
If you block 212 while crouching it will always hit on the same side and in the neutral just block low and try to react to it and block when you see it not preemptively. If you can't react to it just wait a split second before blocking standing. Making the mb part whiff is character specific I can't tell you how to do it unless I know who you use

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
There are no shenanigans, just inconsistencies. It's fairly reactable, and if you can't, just block high for the kick, then low for the birdarang(mb) since it hits mid. Afaik, 212 is the only string that jails into swoop and anything else can be punished for free by the entire cast if they're looking for it.

But you'll need to be more specific; what exactly do you need help with.

Raw off a hard knockdown, or off a string? Regardless, what does landing a midscreen swoop guarantee?
can you interrupt the MB swoop?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
no, don't fix it, fuck swoop, and all the robins who keep looping overhead low~swoop.

does that crossup midscreen or not?
It cross ups differently on each character, but it's generally the same way when cancelled from a string. I think raw swoop from different ranges might cross up different but is pretty risky since it whiffs pretty easily.

Cursa

can you interrupt the MB swoop?
The video that OP posted shows a few ways some characters can full combo punish it. There's another thread somewhere that has a way that every character can punish swoop. If that's what you're asking?

Cursa

Kind of lame tech, but if you are really slack to go lab swoop, you can let yourself get hit by the last part of 212 if you expect a swoop. The swoop will completely whiffs and you can punish with a pretty good amount of things. Wakeup D1 seems to work for all 7 frame D1's and then you can combo off that. Atro seems to get a wakeup puddle for a punish even

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
hm, ill use darkseid as the example

1st example is stand blocking, 2nd is crouch blocking, 3rd is just showing swoop's poor hurtbox. This was done really quickly so I'm not sure if you have any other options or can actually convert off a d1 outside of a bgb.

Next thing you know people will actually poke out of Robin's cancelling into trait.

Or realise that he's like -12 on some cancels.
Maybe one day. But until then I'd rather just come to tym and make overused status updates about 'mashing this' and 'wifi that' instead of labbing the character.

Though, tbf I didn't know we had a trait cancel that negative.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I mean I can just dm Hayatei or Han bro I don't have to play these forum mind games lol. Thanks tho.
awww, you were so eager to tell somebody about your top player friends that you responded to the wrong comment and ended up just doing it to the guy answering your questions

Cursa

1st example is stand blocking, 2nd is crouch blocking, 3rd is just showing swoop's poor hurtbox. This was done really quickly so I'm not sure if you have any other options or can actually convert off a d1 outside of a bgb.

Maybe one day. But until then I'd rather just come to tym and make overused status updates about 'mashing this' and 'wifi that' instead of labbing the character.

Though, tbf I didn't know we had a trait cancel that negative.
I don't know if the data changed, but that one thread mentioned D12xx4 was something like -15 or something dumb, but it's so easy to force people to respect D12xx4 D12xx4 D12.

It's negative as fuck way more than people punish it for.