What's new

Daily Reminder that MB swoop and swoop in general is a bill

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Ye
I don't want buffs or nerfs, Robin is such a good character... all I wanna read is "Fixed whiff inconsistencies with meterburn swoop hitbox"
Yeh that's what I mean, a fair few characters have such issues, which is why I am disappointed

Cursa

wowo has a lot of inconsistencies with her hitboxes too that have been highlighted and have still yet to be fixed
I can't think of a lot of the top of my head, but I know there is a lot

Tweedy

Noob
Is swoop not super good in the corner though?

I'm genuinely asking. I've been stuffing swoop like in the video for months, but in the corner it's actually pretty deadly right?

Also there's ways to make it cross up midscreen which is really good regardless of it being punishable or not.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Sure if you do strings that leave him at point blank it has whiffing issues.

Its still useful with the correct spacing and fun to use when I play as him.

Its insane in the corner.

Cursa

I'm genuinely asking. I've been stuffing swoop like in the video for months, but in the corner it's actually pretty deadly right?

Also there's ways to make it cross up midscreen which is really good regardless of it being punishable or not.
It has problems against some characters in the corner against some characters still. I am unsure if you can make it cross up mid screen or not, but in the corner it's hella good. I am 90% sure the MB version sometimes just completely whiffs against batman in the corner.

Idk I'm kind of fine with it being punished mid-screen. Most players I fight don't know how to deal with it so it's usually easy win.

Hankiro

Noob

You're not wrong, and it CAN be super good in the nuetral still as long as you can condition and bait a counterpoke, but if they expect it or are even reacting then most can just mash out a D2.

It's not in his video but some characters (maybe all, I havent tested) can j1 and full combo punish.

You can always make the argument that you just shouldn't use it and it's not a bad argument. A lot of Robin players will just keep swooping regardless of it being punished instead of not throwing out a special on every blockstring and baiting a poke

Cursa

You're not wrong, and it CAN be super good in the nuetral still as long as you can condition and bait a counterpoke, but if they expect it or are even reacting then most can just mash out a D2.

It's not in his video but some characters (maybe all, I havent tested) can j1 and full combo punish.

You can always make the argument that you just shouldn't use it and it's not a bad argument. A lot of Robin players will just keep swooping regardless of it being punished instead of not throwing out a special on every blockstring and baiting a poke
It actually isn't a completely terrible anti-zoning tool either. It goes deceptively far and is difficult to punish if used sparingly.

Cursa

In the corner its broke. Elsewhere not so much. I mix up 212 by ending with trait (-1 I think) and go for swoop if I think they'll counter poke. That said I've yet to actually fight anyone who has labbed swoop and knows how to deal with it, because many of the punishes for it are very character specific, and I guess most people find it not worth it for a MB move that does like 150 if you get hit by the entire thing.

What If I told you there is a way to deal with it in the corner to make sure it always hit on the same side?Same with it midscreen

I always did tf? Didn't I like 10-0 you with my Green Lantern.

#goatlantern
If you knew why did you say this?

Sounds contradictory to me

Tweedy

Noob
If you knew why did you say this?

Sounds contradictory to me
Because I wanted to see if you guys could present knowledge that I did not have. You couldn't, but even though you couldn't you came at me with "well now you know my friend" but bitch I already knew what you told me. #goatlantern

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
On scarecrow he like flips backwards when he meter burns it and it's a bitch to punish

Because I wanted to see if you guys could present knowledge that I did not have. You couldn't, but even though you couldn't you came at me with "well now you know my friend" but bitch I already knew what you told me. #goatlantern
Sooooo you posted that hoping to see If we knew something that you already know in hope that we would teach it to you??? :DOGE