What's new

Tech D4 Skull Ball advantage

In this video it shows that when spacing out D4 Skull ball can be used as a footsies tool. If you try it out you may find that if they block the skull ball it will grant you a little bit of advantage. However they can read it and release block to make the skull ball whiff, but you can mix em up with some D4 mid Rune.
the advantage part of the recording looks a little wonky so I'd try it out yourself.
[ COMFIRMED ] its +1 - +3 yall

Q : Is there a Quan Chi bnb guide some where?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
In this video it shows that when spacing out D4 Skull ball can be used as a footsies tool. If you try it out you may find that if they block the skull ball it will grant you a little bit of advantage. However they can read it and release block to make the skull ball whiff, but you can mix em up with some D4 mid Rune.
the advantage part of the recording looks a little wonky so I'd try it out yourself. It looks about +1 some confirming is needed.

have you not heard of under the mayo?

the advantage part of the recording looks a little wonky so I'd try it out yourself. It looks about +1 some confirming is needed.

I sometimes do a spaced D4 and mid rune--never thought to use skull....off to practice mode.

On the bnb guide, I couldn't find a comprehensive list (maybe it was lost when TYM went down, or I just can't find it), but I've been putting together something to post soon.

The basic structure that I use is:

Whatever starter (B3 1+2 or B12), dash, B12, dash, B11xx Trance. From here you can either go 11 Sky drop for rune setups, or you can go for damage with JIP B11xx Mid Rune.

Another useful combo is when you trade trance--if you are going for a rune set up, of course, JIP 11 Skydrop (or build meter instead of JIP), but for damage, I do JIP B21, dash, B21, dash, 112xx far rune.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
assuming im doing my math right, it would be +2

cancel advantage on d4 is +26..skull is 21 then -4 on block....yes?

assuming im doing my math right, it would be +2

cancel advantage on d4 is +26..skull is 21 then -4 on block....yes?
26-21=5
5-4=1
it would be +1 if advantage stacks like that (i always thought it reset to whatever the last move was, but i've never tested it) and if your numbers are correct (i'm too lazy to check)

nice! ill research this.
In the corner.
b3 1+2,d3,d4 trance
swag <3
maybe you would like this. You know how you can whiff f1 to move in with the 2 low? well have you tried it with with b3 (whiff) 1+2 50 -50?
the 1 + 2 comes out very quick and has a little more range then smokes b2. AND if you link 1 + 2 skull ball the skull ball links and is unavoidable on block, plus with the push back from the spaced out 1 + 2 it will make skull ball 0 on block!

CRUM

Noob
Idk how advantageous it is but I tested some stuff out with Quan at NEC. I noticed myself trying to hit b3, 1+2 and if the b3 didn't hit I would d3 and continue the process until my opponent eventually didnt block low. I don't see many Quan players do it so I'm not sure if I'm on to something or if it's irrelevant.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Idk how advantageous it is but I tested some stuff out with Quan at NEC. I noticed myself trying to hit b3, 1+2 and if the b3 didn't hit I would d3 and continue the process until my opponent eventually didnt block low. I don't see many Quan players do it so I'm not sure if I'm on to something or if it's irrelevant.
because most people will punish the b3 on block. the huge gap isn't very nice :(

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
I've been thinking recently how a D4 into U+3 would work. It could confuse the opponent into respecting the low and get blown up by the overhead.. gonna try this out

edit: I tried this out, it's pretty damn slow but it could still work in some situations

I've been thinking recently how a D4 into U+3 would work. It could confuse the opponent into respecting the low and get blown up by the overhead.. gonna try this out
I've been recently trying to incorporate U+3 more into my game--it usually works at first, but then they can almost block standing on reaction :(

I wish U+3 wasn't so slow.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
I've been recently trying to incorporate U+3 more into my game--it usually works at first, but then they can almost block standing on reaction :(

I wish U+3 wasn't so slow.
I know... it's just too bad that it's so easy to fuzzy guard. It's still a pretty great mixup but if it were 20 frames instead of 26 it would be bounds better