What's new

Tech - Liu Kang D4 into true block strings

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I don't know if it was ever discovered yet, but while having fun in Practice mode I found out that canceling D4 poke into some specials on block creates a true block string. Here is the video:

I don't know if it can be useful, but I think that this is interesting at least. Might work sometimes when your opponent will try to reversal after D4 on block, but if you cancel it into certain specials, it will hit them.

What creates true block string after canceling D4 into special and what is safe to cancel D4 into:
  • D4 into flying kicks (true block string, Dragon's Fire meter burned is the only that is safe though)
  • D4 into Whirlwind Fists (true block string)
  • D4 into EX Shaolin Flame (safe)
  • D4 into FB and then back dash cancel (safe)

I don't know if it was ever discovered yet, but while having fun in Practice mode I found out that canceling D4 poke into some specials on block creates a true block string. Here is the video:

I don't know if it can be useful, but I think that this is interesting at least. Might work sometimes when your opponent will try to reversal after D4 on block, but if you cancel it into certain specials, it will hit them.

What creates true block string after canceling D4 into special and what is safe to cancel D4 into:
  • D4 into flying kicks (true block string, Dragon's Fire meter burned is the only that is safe though)
  • D4 into Whirlwind Fists (true block string)
  • D4 into EX Shaolin Flame (safe)
  • D4 into FB and then back dash cancel (safe)
You didn't find it in practice mode , I told you this in private chat yesterday about d4 into fk is true block string, lol.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
You didn't find it in practice mode , I told you this in private chat yesterday about d4 into fk is true block string, lol.
I wasn't reading private chat for a couple days =/ What a freaking coincidence though. It's like I got a mental message, probably because you put the info into cosmic storage or something like that, lol.

I wasn't reading private chat for a couple days =/ What a freaking coincidence though. It's like I got a mental message, probably because you put the info into cosmic storage or something like that, lol.
Oh lol, :) nice one making the thread though :D , I like using d4 wp every so often to catch the counter poke, or for example in corner near semi end game in df, f213 fbrc- F213 fbrc- d4 fk mb (hit confirm it, if you have 2 bars of meter me again for big corner combo, just a gimmick but handy once in a while :)

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Oh lol, :) nice one making the thread though :D , I like using d4 wp every so often to catch the counter poke, or for example in corner near semi end game in df, f213 fbrc- F213 fbrc- d4 fk mb (hit confirm it, if you have 2 bars of meter me again for big corner combo, just a gimmick but handy once in a while :)
Yeah, you shouldn't be using D4 into specials all the time, just once in a while when opponent will not expect it and try to poke out after blocking D4, but you will meet him with special and might even take the advatage of the entire match. Liu Kang is the strongest when he is close to the opponent, even though his zoning isn't bad, he creates chaos on blocking opponents.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah pretty much every or at least a large bunch of characters has the ability to jail a D4 into a fast enough special move. Old news but I suppose there hasn't been any dedicated threads about it haha. Shinnoks D4 jails into hellsparks, Jax's D4 into OH Dashpunch etc if I recall.