What's new

Question D1 or D4 into smoke bomb.

HD Smoke

Noob
d1 and d4 SB are insanely good tools. I use it almost every match now and wow does it work good. I have to say that catching someone with a d1 SB is even a better feeling than catching them with a SB at midscreen/fullscreen. Its so tricky and you just feel like your doing work lol.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Happy to report I can now do standing 2, 2, d1 into smoke bomb! It was a bit weird getting the timing down, but I've managed. I suppose now its time to try and land this in actual games and like KT mentioned, I will def have to learn to space more effectively. Thanks so much guys, really appreciate it.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Ex Tele and U+4 for sure. Regular tele I can adequately punish but Ex tele really messes me up.
You can crouch block the second kick of her EX Telekick, even if it hits you while you're stand blocking. Offline, you can punish it with D1, D1 SB. Online, you can uppercut her.

As for U4, many Mileenas like to do a second U4 after you block the first. Use a Standing 2 immediately after her first U4 to Anti-Air her. If your reactions are quick enough, you can interrupt her first U4, but you'll have to anticipate it. Follow that up with a D1~Smoke Bomb.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Thanks, Faded Dreams! I had a feeling I could do something to get in on that U+4 pressure because you are right, they (my brother included lol) likes to go for a few of them.

Will take these into consideration next time we play. On a lighter note, I was able to land the 2,2,d1~sb in a few "real" matches! Yes I was hyped...lol!

Cheers,

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Thanks, Faded Dreams! I had a feeling I could do something to get in on that U+4 pressure because you are right, they (my brother included lol) likes to go for a few of them.

Will take these into consideration next time we play. On a lighter note, I was able to land the 2,2,d1~sb in a few "real" matches! Yes I was hyped...lol!

Cheers,
Try 2, 214 smokebomb as an anti air, when the timings down on that it is easier than 2 2 d1, input bug and all that .....

Death

Noob
Mileena doing two U+4 in a row is dumb. Its like 27 frames. A Blocked U+4 is +9 on block. I get a free 42 combo opportunity. If you let go of block after a blocked U+4 your eating a combo.

If a Mileena does go for U+4 the second time you can just AA them out of the air.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Mileena doing two U+4 in a row is dumb. Its like 27 frames. A Blocked U+4 is +9 on block. I get a free 42 combo opportunity. If you let go of block after a blocked U+4 your eating a combo.

If a Mileena does go for U+4 the second time you can just AA them out of the air.
online +9 turns into

EDIT: that's also a realistic representation of what happens to my controller after attempting netplay

HD Smoke

Noob
also didn't know you could combo B2, D1, sb (with B2 being an AA) and 3d12 ,d1/d4 into sb. cool.
yeah cdjr and kt smith are insane with b2 anti air into d1 SB. anytime smoke pops someone in the air just a little bit he can usually end it with a d1 SB. even d4 anti air can link into d1 SB. I think that is what makes Smoke so good in this game. love the hitbox on SB.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
yeah cdjr and kt smith are insane with b2 anti air into d1 SB. anytime smoke pops someone in the air just a little bit he can usually end it with a d1 SB. even d4 anti air can link into d1 SB. I think that is what makes Smoke so good in this game. love the hitbox on SB.
Yeah, I saw the B2-AA ~ SB in some of Jr's matches in FR - so clutch. Those VSM cats really have it on lock down.

HD Smoke

Noob
for some reason though CD jr got shake instead of smokebomb like 4 different times at FR. He did it against big d's beast nw and his brothers kitana. im pretty sure he did it against someone else as well but i forget. i guess it was the stick he was using because cdjr never has had that problem. still did amazing and took smoke into top 4 at the most stacked tournament i have ever watched.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
for some reason though CDjr got shake instead of smokebomb like 4 different times at FR. He did it against big d's beast nw and his brothers kitana. im pretty sure he did it against someone else as well but i forget. i guess it was the stick he was using because cdjr never has had that problem. still did amazing and took smoke into top 4 at the most stacked tournament i have ever watched.
Yeah, I noticed that quite a few times too. I was thinking stick malfunction, negative edge or straight up nerves. You're right, it was easily the most stacked tournament thus far. Him and KT have some insane pressure man, it's so entertaining watching them. Besides ATL REDD, are there any other Smoke players with footage out there I could watch (or watch for in the future) ?

HD Smoke

Noob
Yeah, I noticed that quite a few times too. I was thinking stick malfunction, negative edge or straight up nerves. You're right, it was easily the most stacked tournament thus far. Him and KT have some insane pressure man, it's so entertaining watching them. Besides ATL REDD, are there any other Smoke players with footage out there I could watch (or watch for in the future) ?
All the Smokes that post on here are really good but for footage and tournamnets I can usually only find Redd's, Cdjr's, and KT on streams. Smoke casual gameplay thread has lots of other Smokes posting their games and they are good. @Wafflez has a very good smoke. He levels up every stream i watch and is one of the best anti air smokes which is hard to do. His match with blackula at FR was close. Also if you can ever find old footage of Aris's Smoke watch it. His Smoke was so good however since he has last played the game has changed a little. Still i want Aris to come back and kick ass with smoke again. At FR i was really impressed with dballins Smoke in top 8. I dont know when he picked him up but he was very good with pokes and opened my eyes on a string i thought was useless. I wish he would of went Smoke on maxters cyrax even though maxter knows the match up.

CD jr

Noob
there must be something wrong with the complete edition because i never drop that.alot of people were complaining about bugs too like sonya ex cartwheel going trough reptiles dash and projectiles going trough the characters.i hate nrs i swear

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
there must be something wrong with the complete edition because i never drop that.alot of people were complaining about bugs too like sonya ex cartwheel going trough reptiles dash and projectiles going trough the characters.i hate nrs i swear
shouldn't have smoked all that meth earlier

also, where can I see the match of Wafflez v blackula? did he use kenshi?

HD Smoke

Noob
That would make sense lol. Glad i didnt get komplete edition, that alone would make me not want to play it since it is so important for Smoke to get those anti airs and cross ups. Hey CD jr i was just wondering why didnt you go Smoke against Reo's Cage in the third match? Do you like Sonya against Cage over Smoke against Cage?

HD Smoke

Noob
shouldn't have smoked all that meth earlier

also, where can I see the match of Wafflez v blackula? did he use kenshi?
Smoke players smoking meth lol.

It was literally the 2nd or 3rd match in medinas FR stream. It was a good game, every round was close. Blackula has a very good kenshi. I really dont know the kenshi/smoke match up at all so it was fun to watch. Seems like Smoke does okay at sitting back against Kenshi but i dont know if Smoke should pressure every chance he gets or not because i do think that Kenshis rapes Smoke at mid range.

matterovermind

mindundermatter

As a follow up, I can consistently punish the fuck out of this now. I got better at reading / anticipating / whatever the animation so I'm dead on. Thanks bro <3