What's new

Strategy D1~Ex Fan Lift?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
i didn't know that.

he did njp my wake up ass. i wanted to cry lol. then he added insult to the injury by demolishing me in the corner with that cali swag.

lol I also taught Krayzie what to do with Cyrax against d1 ass.

...did you know Liu Kang can't do anything?!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
d+1~ass is extremely good. Even Johnny cannot counter poke with f+3 and beat it. To counter poke and blow up d+1~ass he has to use b+3 which is a very tight window. Even then if you think he's going to do it you can jump over or do 2,1 or whatever and he'll get blown up because he has to b+3 hella early.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I feel she's one of the safest characters in the game... Sure, she has some risky options but generally, she's not forced to take risks nearly as much as others.
yea shes hella safe, but shes also very easy to punish when her stuff whiffs. i hate it lol

but you're right for the most part. nowhere near as unsafe as mileena or scorpion

xKhaoTik

Cyrax can only counter it with dash, then ex-ragdoll. Nothing else catches it...it's VERY good in the MU.
that would be very scary if i tried to escape the corner with it, because this would put me right back in the corner lol.

cyrax is a cunt. you should drop him for kano

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Here are my thoughts.

khaotik said this in his original post and it sums it up well.

I'm sure they know about how unsafe this really is, but if they are thinking about it the same way I think about it, they are doing it on a read against super aggressive foes. Maybe we can start doing it too?

Also. You do this to someone once, they start to double think your moves.
This then allows you to get away with d1 into grab etc.

IF you want to start beating higher level comp, you need to read and adapt to them not always the game. These sort of moves allow for this.
Dunno about Kitana or Scorpion, but with Ermac i wouldnt recommend it. It can easily be baited by patient and even aggressive opponents and it can be stuffed by armored moves and X-RAY'S as well. If you want to play a guessing game, then pressure with d3's to throws or 121's, anticipate any jump in's and punish accordingly. D1 to lift is risky as hell unless you have a breaker, but still, risky as hell. If opponents are getting baited by this, it means they dont have the patience to fight against a good Ermac.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
After D1 ass, its possible to flying kick her with liu before she touches the ground, the window is pretty tight though, I wouldn't recommend going for it

GGA HAN

You actually can anti-air grab her out of it, after she passes over your head. I dunno if its possible on reaction i've only tested it in training mode.

xKhaoTik

After D1 ass, its possible to flying kick her with liu before she touches the ground, the window is pretty tight though, I wouldn't recommend going for it

GGA HAN

You actually can anti-air grab her out of it, after she passes over your head. I dunno if its possible on reaction i've only tested it in training mode.
yea I figured Liu can do that.

Also, you shadow kick d1~ass everytime. Is that on reaction or anticipation?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Dude, Ermac's have been doing d1 lift since the beginning of time.
Not always purposefully :)

yea I figured Liu can do that.

Also, you shadow kick d1~ass everytime. Is that on reaction or anticipation?
Yeah you can do it on reaction, shadow kick is so fast it gives you have a little more time to react than most chars

Sadly kabal has the best punisher for it though, EX dash can be done to punish it every time :(

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If d1~ex lift is working, then d1~cutter will in the same situations.

I like the max range being safe though... I've run into this as well when I use it.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade

GGA HAN

yeah, it can't be done on reaction (at least I can't, in my old age) So I'd have to read square wave, see a d1, then reverse input a AA grab which would turn into a teleport if the read is wrong in my part. But it is an option.