What's new

D1-db1 combos/33 string fixed in sept 5th patch

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The D1 buff is nice. Now Sub isn't just plus for the sake of being plus, like dribirut said, now that they have something they don't wanna get hit by, they won't just mash and steal their turn back.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Do Sub players realize they have a string with a built in 50/50 that will jail from their d1 on hit?

From some of these comments I would think d1 is minus on hit.

Not saying it amazing or anything but it seems like your d1 should of worked well in conjunction with plus frames, and even more so now.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Do Sub players realize they have a string with a built in 50/50 that will jail from their d1 on hit?

Not saying it amazing or anything but it seems like your d1 should of worked well in conjunction with plus frames, and even more so now.
the 50/50 isnt really a major go to option tho, generally want to pressure more with ice bomb and clone.

Lokheit

Noob
The real fix this character needs is all opponents being pushed the same on block by MB Burst and it letting you close enough to connect D1 or at least S3.

That and meterless Iceball not sucking (the start up and block advantage of a move that compensates for stunning but instead is +4 on hit which is crap, other similar projectiles are +20 or better).

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
the 50/50 isnt really a major go to option tho, generally want to pressure more with ice bomb and clone.
Well I don't know why you wouldn't use all your options but either way at +15 you can go into your ice bomb/clone pressure too. That's just more good stuff to use from his d1.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
D1 into DB1 or MB DB1 is nice. I also like to D1 into throw. 33 is useless as ever. I think it did get slightly easier to use it in a juggle ending with 33 DBF1. But that's about it...

He's still missing something to be viable and he still feels like he plays on a small MKX Background and not the Long Ass Backgrounds in I2. Slide needs to Travel more distance.

If Atrosafuck gets that almost full screen carry from those flying Monkey Punches, I don't see why Sub's Slide can't cover more ground.

Doubt he'll get much more though so guess we gotta work with what we got. It's not entirely bad but no where near actually good enough to be viable.

Edit - He needs a viable jumping in option, a better cross up option would really help. I feel he can't approach from the air at all. Even his NJ2 gets anti aired easily.
33 is a decent string if your just looking to do stuff on block. u can cancel into clone too, and its a faster option than f2 to make use of being +3.

Lokheit

Noob

They have to get hit by a Mid (and you have to respect them if they block without a guess) and then you have to open them again (with one of the 50/50 options not granting a continuation). If you hit you want inmediate results, not 2 damage and needing to hit again. Yes it's an option, but a pretty meh one.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
At least we can be at ease no pro player is gonna pull a scarecrow/flash/captain cold with sub zero and make him look top at a tourney..

There is hope he'll be buffed

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I still think it's complete horse shit that if sub zero is close to the clone and the opponent can throw and normal and hit you while shattering the clone