What's new

D1-db1 combos/33 string fixed in sept 5th patch

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
In latest update dropping today seems NRS has fixed the 2nd hit of 33 whiffing on crouch blocking opponent :D:D:D

this is great news even tough the 33 can't combo into much, the string is -5 and safety is always a good thing. 33-clone throw will now be more consistent in corner now aswell which is great also ;)

UPDATE: d1-shatter now combos on hit, still big ass gap on block though.

So thank you NRS!!!
(now get on fixing the crazy triple push back on mb db1 up close on some chars, thanks in advance :cool:)

Last edited:
Hahahaha!, too late the character is dead... those are just fixes, the only thing that would make Sub Zero viable is a mid command grab... And They will never do that... LOLS.

Stage Specific Fixes

• Arkham Asylum - Fix for toilet interaction having a displaced hit region when interrupted in certain circumstances
Edit: Toilet throw into a clone now works more than once... now this is a buff:DOGE

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
s3 no longer jails into ice shatter, but d1xxshatter on hit is nice. What are some applications for 33? I never use it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
S3 buff still pretty useless imo. 33 doesn't connect to anything besides slide.. should have made 33 mb ice ball connect.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
^ it really isn't. 33 is still as useless as ever, but I appreciate your optimism Roy.

And am I the only one who thinks the d1 special is slightly useless? If they block the d1 you're dead. 12 frame gap in between for a free af punish. We can already make them respect the d1 without the special but now if they respect the d1 we're dead.

If a character has a d1 special that combos they have a free OS against subs pressure. D1 special the shatter and d1 and block the clone.

^ it really isn't. 33 is still as useless as ever, but I appreciate your optimism Roy.

And am I the only one who thinks the d1 special is slightly useless? If they block the d1 you're dead. 12 frame gap in between for a free af punish. We can already make them respect the d1 without the special but now if they respect the d1 we're dead.

If a character has a d1 special that combos they have a free OS against subs pressure. D1 special the shatter and d1 and block the clone.
BOOOOOO you realize that most d1 into specials have gaps on block right?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!

It never was, on juggle you can use that 33 string even before this buff, now there is also no whiff just like you asked for.

hkriderz

It never was, on juggle you can use that 33 string even before this buff, now there is also no whiff just like you asked for.
Ok what practical combo of sub should anyone use 33 for instead of b233, f22 or 123? Any combo? Cause those strings I mentioned are way better and more practical to use. The only time I use 33 in a juggle is

Using a string in a combo doesn't automatically make it have use, especially when there's other strings that do it better. You can do any string mid juggle and make-believe that the string has use, but it makes no difference.

And yes I remember the whole debate. You said the mid whiffing on crouching characters might be working as intended, and you were proven wrong today when they fixed the string. I'm glad they did, but there still is no use for the string. I'm just being real here; no downplay or offense intended. I think some people get carried away as soon as they see any type of buffs and call everyone downplayers who say it really didn't change much, which it didn't.

I don't think I ever mentioned what I wanted them to do with 33 in that thread, I wanted them to make it plus 12 on hit and keep them close and combo into ex iceball, and maybe changes the frames on block as well. Apologies for not stating it in the thread, I was just pessimistic that they would never buff sub and I had to argue the point that it was "intended"

3 and 33 is The way NRS made a troll string to troll Tom Brady and Sub Zero mains... so funny that the string was not functioning properly... so the jokes on Them.. That string has 0 use competitively. That's the way It was designed. as a unusable trash string.:p

Roy Arkon

Ok what practical combo of sub should anyone use 33 for instead of b233, f22 or 123? Any combo? Cause those strings I mentioned are way better and more practical to use. The only time I use 33 in a juggle is

Using a string in a combo doesn't automatically make it have use, especially when there's other strings that do it better. You can do any string mid juggle and make-believe that the string has use, but it makes no difference.

And yes I remember the whole debate. You said the mid whiffing on crouching characters might be working as intended, and you were proven wrong today when they fixed the string. I'm glad they did, but there still is no use for the string. I'm just being real here; no downplay or offense intended. I think some people get carried away as soon as they see any type of buffs and call everyone downplayers who say it really didn't change much, which it didn't.

I don't think I ever mentioned what I wanted them to do with 33 in that thread, I wanted them to make it plus 12 on hit and keep them close and combo into ex iceball, and maybe changes the frames on block as well. Apologies for not stating it in the thread, I was just pessimistic that they would never buff sub and I had to argue the point that it was "intended"
Dude you really shouldn't have bring up that debate. I already addmitted at that dame thread that I was wrong. So I wasn't proven wrong just now. So please part right here.

Secondly I use 33 for juggles just like I use f22 and b233.I also got a coupke of Supermove combos of which 33 is the most recommended to use for. And yes I know that Supermoves at a high level is not recommended but still.

And finally, no offense, but if you only now say what you think NRS should have done with that string it is kinda your fault and perhaps others as well. Again no offense.

3 and 33 is The way NRS made a troll string to troll Tom Brady and Sub Zero mains... so funny that the string was not functioning properly... so the jokes on Them.. That string has 0 use competitively. That's the way It was designed. as a unusable trash string.:p
You really think so huh? Like they don't have other important stuff to do. Also if they truly made the string to not work properly on purpose just for trolling, how is the joke on them? I mean, they got what they wanted, right?

Last edited:
You really think so huh? Like they don't have other important stuff to do. Also if they trully made the string to not work properly on purpose just for trolling, how is the joke on them?
They had to fix It .the name was a pun that is functioning properly They said?. They had to fix a thing that is supposedly to be working properly (It wasn't LMAO). So... The joke's on Them...

Roy Arkon

They had to fix It .the name was a pun that is functioning properly They said?. They had to fix a thing that is supposedly to be working properly (It wasn't LMAO). So... The joke's on Them...
But if the whole thing was just to troll people, and they purposly called that String in that name, and they did fix the whiff thing, the joke isn't on them. It was used to be on others but now the joke is over.

And if you're referring to what you guys only NOW bring up as they should've done with that string like connect to Ice Ball and such, I'm sorry and no offense, but if anything the joke is on you, because you only now mentioning that the whiff issue was only a part of your problem. Also having stuff like being 12 plus on hit or being able to connect to EX Ice Ball those aren't fixes like the whole whiff issue, these are straight out buffs. Again, no offense, but I'm afraid that the joke is on you, if anything.

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The d1 buff is absolutely not useless.
The opponent could basically d1 after mb ice burst with absolutely no drawback. At worst you would get hit by a d1. And since sub has no mixups, getting hit with a d1 is not a problem.

Now if you mash d1 you at least get hit for 15% into heavy corner carry. This now opens the grab after the mb ice burst in block..

It's not tier changing at all but to say it's useless is just plain downplaying.

33 buff is completely useless though..

hkriderz

The d1 buff is absolutely not useless.
The opponent could basically d1 after mb ice burst with absolutely no drawback. At worst you would get hit by a d1. And since sub has no mixups, getting hit with a d1 is not a problem.

Now if you mash d1 you at least get hit for 15% into heavy corner carry. This now opens the grab after the mb ice burst in block..

It's not tier changing at all but to say it's useless is just plain downplaying.

33 buff is completely useless though..
But the thing is, if they have to respect d1 shatter, then you're dead. Because if they block the d1 they can interrupt it for free. Now you could say he can d1 clone. But everyone can just OS a punish for the shatter and stay safe for the clone. That was my issue with it. Maybe If the gap wasn't so damn big (12 f'in frames) then maybe he'd have a really good mindgame then.

And tbh the grab mindgame was always there. You can d1 grab them if they try and disrespect or f22 or d1 clone. This just added a better reward if you do hit a d1.

Agreed on the 33 buff lol

hkriderz

Dude you really shouldn't have bring up that debate. I already addmitted at that dame thread that I was wrong. So I wasn't proven wrong just now. So please part right here.

Secondly I use 33 for juggles just like I use f22 and b233.I also got a coupke of Supermove combos of which 33 is the most recommended to use for. And yes I know that Supermoves at a high level is not recommended but still.

And finally, no offense, but if you only now say what you think NRS should have done with that string it is kinda your fault and perhaps others as well. Again no offense.

You really think so huh? Like they don't have other important stuff to do. Also if they truly made the string to not work properly on purpose just for trolling, how is the joke on them? I mean, they got what they wanted, right?
Oh I didn't know you admitted you were wrong in that thread, my bad dude, that's on me.

Also, no offense taken. Well Roy, if you truly feel 33 has its uses and you use it, I can't argue with that. I personally and many other subs still think it's useless, but hey man; everyone doesn't play the same.

And you're right, I should have publicly said what I wanted 33 to be, and I might have on a stream chat or something. Maybe I was just scared of the backlash I'd recieve for daring to ask buffs I guess lol

Roy Arkon

Oh I didn't know you admitted you were wrong in that thread, my bad dude, that's on me.

Also, no offense taken. Well Roy, if you truly feel 33 has its uses and you use it, I can't argue with that. I personally and many other subs still think it's useless, but hey man; everyone doesn't play the same.

And you're right, I should have publicly said what I wanted 33 to be, and I might have on a stream chat or something. Maybe I was just scared of the backlash I'd recieve for daring to ask buffs I guess lol
All good bro, and yeah you should have had just saying what you truly wanted. And there was already too much noise about that string anyway so if you would've said it then it wouldn't matter that much anyway.

But don't worry, all good :)