What's new

Strategy D+1 is godlike

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I can not tell you guys how many times d+1 has help me get people off of me for frame advantage when cancelled into sonic blast or even when you can poke someone out of a high string when they got you cornered and cancelling into zip line to get away free...

If there is one great thing about this guy its his d+1

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

It's basically at the point where I barely go for anything else up close. Second best d1 mash in the game next to nightwing? I believe so

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
There are many characters in this game that have a 6 frame d1 in this game AND grant better advantage on block. IE aquaman and NW.

His d1 is good. But lots of chars have it. D1 cancels and d1 plus on block are two things that make this game rather different than MK.

Use it...but if you want to be a real pro. Find all the frame gaps in your opponents strings and use grappling hooks to escape between. They have 0 frame startup and armor!

Lol
Hmm cab you do wakeup attack grappling hook? I've been too scared to try it. Does it get....Invuln to go with its startup armor?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I mean, his d1 is above average at best. Everyone's d1 is godlike in some form or another.
For example, Shazam's d1 is +1 on block AND can be canceled into a low grab if their blocking low (which is inescapable), and his low grab leads to a full combo with MB. Don't even want to talk about the garbage hawkgirl can cancel her d1 into.
Every character in this game has bs off their d1 while cyborg only gets people off you. Its really good in the corner which can lead into a full 40%+ combo plus reset.

Above average at best.

Lmao. Sometimes the simplest setup is the best setup.
I've developed some shit with d1 and the grappling hook in the corner that is basically unblockable and you can't jump out, have to reversal.

the d1 prevents you from jumping away. SO SICK. Enjoy :)

anytime theyre in the corner if you do d1 or neutral 2 cancelled into crossup grappling hook its reallllllly good. dunno why i never thought of doing this before.

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
the d1 prevents you from jumping away. SO SICK. Enjoy :)

anytime theyre in the corner if you do d1 or neutral 2 cancelled into crossup grappling hook its reallllllly good. dunno why i never thought of doing this before.
Couldn't you just push block the down 1 and just walk forward? I'm not home to test it out right now but I'll let you know once I do.

yes it can indeed, doesnt mean it isnt godlike

and you can actually jump out of the setup i posted, jesus cyborgs mixup is so bad

Art

Grave_Intent
Your funny! Cyborg's D1 is OK, the reach is short so he trades ALLOT! But, the recovery from it ROCKS, you can Trade and Recover then DB1 (Power Fist) or (DF2) Sonic Disrupter and get 15% or 10% and a good knock back.