What's new

Question Czarnian toss combo execution

Naug

Noob
Playing on an arcade stick. Got 100% success rate on czar throw outside of combos but the moment i try to do 12~czar or 112~czar my execution rate plummets to less than 50%, even though my button log tells me I'm doing the same input.

It seems like the game is expecting a different input or is much more strict about parsing the shortcuts for dbf2. Outside of combos I can do quarter circle back to forward and then 2, works like a charm. Not in combos.

Anyone care to share any execution tips?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Playing on an arcade stick. Got 100% success rate on czar throw outside of combos but the moment i try to do 12~czar or 112~czar my execution rate plummets to less than 50%, even though my button log tells me I'm doing the same input.

It seems like the game is expecting a different input or is much more strict about parsing the shortcuts for dbf2. Outside of combos I can do quarter circle back to forward and then 2, works like a charm. Not in combos.

Anyone care to share any execution tips?
Input the toss before the last hit of 12 or 112 hit

Mestizo3

Noob
You might be hitting 1 too many times or 2 too many times before the completion of the down back forward.

Naug

Noob
Found out that I had much better success doing toss in combos if I just did d,neutral,bf instead of trying to do half circles and shit. I guess that's what you get for having old street fighter habits in you ;)

papalion

Noob
I would like to add a question, specifically to the pump shot after the MB toss. I have troubles not to miss the shot after I threw the opponent around. If I press b3 too early, Lobo just moves back in his awesome
"come at me bro" style. If I press it too late, it misses, obviously.

I was thinking I could control it if I press MB as early as possible, but this might be wrong.
Is there a timing someone could tell me?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I just hold back and quickly mash 3. I still get it about 70% of the time. :( Standard, I just do b2, u1 and do follow ups from that. I HATE dropping the b3..

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I would like to add a question, specifically to the pump shot after the MB toss. I have troubles not to miss the shot after I threw the opponent around. If I press b3 too early, Lobo just moves back in his awesome
"come at me bro" style. If I press it too late, it misses, obviously.

I was thinking I could control it if I press MB as early as possible, but this might be wrong.
Is there a timing someone could tell me?
You just have to learn the timing. You'll feel it eventually. It's right after they reach the pinnacle of their arc after the bounce. I hit it about 95% of the time.

Naug

Noob
I just hold back and quickly mash 3. I still get it about 70% of the time. :( Standard, I just do b2, u1 and do follow ups from that. I HATE dropping the b3..

I get the best results trying to time it as Chaosphere says, holding B and double tapping 3. I still need more practice with it though. For naked Czar Toss you can use CT MB, b2u1, 113~Charge. It has the same damage as CT MB, b3, j3, 21~Charge but the timing is much easier. Especially if you play online.