What's new

Tech - TriBorg Cyrax's Opponents Stop Building Mid Combo on hit - Video - Bug???

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Is it me or I'm I right thinking this is a Glitch/Bug in MKXL

Your opponent while being hit mid combo stops building meter for himself after the third or fourth bomb depending on the combo starter

It always happens after a launching mid combo ground bomb.

I see the damage is minimum during these last hits but overall doesn't it seem you're not building hardly any meter being hit by him?

Watch - Discuss - Is this Normal?

Seems odd

@scarsunseen
@PND_Ketchup
@YOMI REO
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@PND_Mustard
@A F0xy Grampa
@KH Royale
@YOMI FOREVER KING
@FOREVER KING JR
@G4S J360
@YOMI DJT
@SonicFox5000
@daddydab32ho
@EMPEROR_JUPITER

Last edited:

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Could be the scaling?

Didn't this happen a little bit into Kitana's old mournful infinite and Jacqui's beta infinite as well?

@Pig Of The Hut You are still building meter. By the time you notice what you think is no meter building the damage you are taking is less than 1% each hit. If you keep a close eye on the meter you see that you still build very small amounts of meter but that is because you are taking such low damage by that point.

If you want a reference point 45% damage taken almost fills 1 bar. 90% is short of 2 bars. It takes something like 140% damage to fill all 3 bars.

You are probably getting screwed out of a little bit of meter though. Take for instance 1:32 in your video. You have 2 1/3 of full meter and get hit by a 30% combo. This should take you to almost full meter and you are almost there by the end of the combo. At most you probably got screwed out of a tenth of a bar but probably much less. This is not something that needs fixing. If Cyrax needs to be nerfed it should happen elsewhere.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
While working for some video guides about the game mechanics and formulas I'm about to release I cracked some inner game formulas (first one explaining all specific cases of damage scale should come this weekend after delaying it a lot), this is how meter building works:

If the full meter bar is 100 and each separate bar is 33.3333, each hit during a combo builds an amount of meter equal to:

0.7xNatural_DamagexAccumulated_Scale^2

(^2 means multiply twice by the accumulated damage scale at that point instead of once, so the reduction is even heavier than for damage calculations, which means combos with a huge lot of hits, stuns and launchers build less meter than combos with a few very strong hits even if both combos deal the same damage)

Uppercuts have a 0.66 damage scale and the bombs 0.8 so at that point each hit is contributing less than 5% of their natural damage (meter build scale at that point goes through 0.7x0.66x0.66x0.8x0.8x0.8x0.8x0.8x0.8x0.8x0.8... and a lot more for the regular hits, etc...)

(I can confirm that the formula is correct with the only anomaly being multihit sequences that build more meter than they should after the first hit of the multihit, don't ask how I found the formula, you don't want to know the levels of boredom a man with time to test and a calculator can reach).

Once I release the videos I'll explain it step by step with further proof.

Last edited: